Hunter Shoots Dogs

Rebel Darling

On 12/3/2016 at 5:26 PM, SteveB said:

Certainly your choice - would not be mine. Doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong or a better/worse person.

Same.

Personally if my dogs were running deer and someone shot them I would be upset but knowing that my dogs were doing something illegal and I was also at fault for not keeping my dogs under control.  I take responsibility for my animals and their behavior they are domestic animals not meant to run free. I feel if you think you can do that and something happens to your animal the owner is the one to blame. The owner in this instance is also to blame obviously he can't control other people and should have been dealt with a different way. I understand if they slipped a collar once but 2nd time is the owners fault. With that being said my dogs are dogs not family I have no blood relation to my dogs. I see them as a tool to my existence when they hunt with me. Do I love my dogs? most definitely and take care of them as best as I can, but they are not family members. If I had to choose between my wife or son over my dogs that would be a no brainer, son then the dogs! But in all seriousness if you could choose a dog over a son, daughter or wife you need to have your head examined.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

You might want to re read the garbage that Stubby has posted then. And I am not sure how much more support you can show than actually shooting a dog.

So back to my made up scenario, so a shot rings out, how will you prove it was at the hunter or the dog? The point is it is not ok to shoot at dogs or people and there are no laws protecting the dumb people who think it is ok to do so.

Well in the actual scenario we had in the article I presume a guy walked up on his dogs that had just been shot and knew who shot them (without thinking the hunter was shooting at him). It wouldn't be reasonable to then start shooting back at the hunter.

7 minutes ago, Core said:

Well in the actual scenario we had in the article I presume a guy walked up on his dogs that had just been shot and knew who shot them (without thinking the hunter was shooting at him). It wouldn't be reasonable to then start shooting back at the hunter.

Sounds like I got you.

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

um yea that's not what happened but keep dodging and resetting to your own made up scenario instead of what I gave you . I enjoy it.

The only made up scenario is yours; there is a real one in the first post, as most of us realize when we actually opened the thread.

The problem is you realize how "crazy fringe" it was when you said you'd shoot the hunter in the article if you were in that situation, yet you don't want to admit you misspoke so instead you dig your heels into your corner more and more. And this is what you "enjoy" doing. smh

12 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

um yea that's not what happened but keep dodging and resetting to your own made up scenario instead of what I gave you . I enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, Core said:

The only made up scenario is yours; there is a real one in the first post, as most of us realize when we actually opened the thread.

The problem is you realize how "crazy fringe" it was when you said you'd shoot the hunter in the article if you were in that situation, yet you don't want to admit you misspoke so instead you dig your heels into your corner more and more. And this is what you "enjoy" doing. smh

Hold up I must have missed something, Doewhacker you said you would shoot someone over a dog? You would willing spend the next 10 years in jail over a dog? Really? I'm sorry but that is insane. That's like people saying they would shoot in the direction of a trespasser to warn them. Both equally as dumb.

19 minutes ago, Core said:

haha Nice try. I laid it out for you and you are trying your hardest to change what I clearly said was my made up scenario. You seem like you might be weak and scared to defend your self in the scenario I gave you. Its ok to be that way, its your choice, just like its my choice to return fire if fired upon.

19 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Hold up I must have missed something, Doewhacker you said you would shoot someone over a dog? You would willing spend the next 10 years in jail over a dog? Really? I'm sorry but that is insane. That's like people saying they would shoot in the direction of a trespasser to warn them. Both equally as dumb.

Exactly. He said: 

If some whack job shot my dogs while I was minding my own business hunting small game I would shoot back in self defense.

This was his first post in the thread, so reasonable to assume he was speaking about the scenario outlined in the news article in the first post. Specifically, a hunter shoots a guy's dogs. Doewacker indicated in that circumstances he would have shot back at this guy and claimed it was self-defense.

Edited by Core

18 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

You could just read the thread. Basically some people here condone shooting a dog in what ever made up situation they invent but they are not ok with the thought of someone return fire after they shot. And I highly doubt I would see any jail time in my made up scenario, self defense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Core said:

Exactly. He said: 

This was his first post in the thread, so reasonable to assume he was speaking about the scenario outlined in the news article in the first post. Specifically, a hunter shoots a guy's dogs. Doewacker indicated in that circumstances he would have shot back at this guy and claimed it was self-defense.

Uh no, stop being a Hilary and assuming things.

2 hours ago, chas0218 said:

You ever bird hunt with a dog? I owned a Springer and if someone started lobbing rifle shots  at me/the dog while I was small game hunting they had better be ducking for cover. The dog was always working  inside 30 yards to me, 50-60 max  after the shot if I did my job.  The dog was always in a red jacket so should have been no excuses to mistake him. We hunted birds during bow but kept him home during regular season. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stubby68 said:

Too many people see animals ( pets for this matter) as being more then what they are and that is animals. I own dogs, take my dogs for walks and hunting neither of which I do with them during deer season. If I ever saw one of them chase even one deer it would get shot. If you don't want your dog's shot keep them on a leash or at home off other people's properties. Your pet does not have the right to trespass or disturb someone's deer hunt just because you feel it is a family member.

I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood where everyone's dogs are valued as more then simple animals. 

I think some buddy letting their dogs loose to do whatever they want is irresponsible and different than if someone was hunting with a dog. If someone lets their dog run loose without restraint or supervision they should understand their dog may not come back. Simple as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Again Trial...too many people on this site know me to be lying about any thing.. That has always been the come back by those that spend their lives being clueless. When you spend most of your life actually out door or around a variety of people . When you do more then go to a job back home, to bed and repeat... Life is a small box not a vast journey  of experiences and learning.

• Like 2