Shooting 101.2 no alcohol while shooting

Zag

16 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I would have never thought hunting drunk would be illegal, not a very smart thing to do but never would think it illegal to do.

Then again , nothing you've ever thought or said has been very rational either. 

Drinking , getting buggered and then hunting.  I'd like to think most would know is a no no  Common sense is tougher to learn than say Latin   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jmark said:

In my humble opinion, having a firearm in your hands, at all, while drunk should be a crime.  

Times sure have changed. I remember as a kid, probably about 15 or so, smoking a joint with my cousin while driving to the gun club he was a member of. As for drinking, we used to measure driving times by the number of beers one could drink on the way to wherever we were going. AHHH to live in the 80's again lol. 

29 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Times sure have changed. I remember as a kid, probably about 15 or so, smoking a joint with my cousin while driving to the gun club he was a member of. As for drinking, we used to measure driving times by the number of beers one could drink on the way to wherever we were going. AHHH to live in the 80's again lol. 

That at about sums it up. Moron completed 100 %   You win 

I try hard not to get personal on any forum with another member. but dang uptown redneck I cant figure out if you really are that ignorant or if you just like getting under peoples skin, i was a hell raiser when I was young bet even THEN I knew to not mix a good time with  firearms or anything with wheels. 

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I knew to not mix a good time with  firearms or anything with wheels. 

I am curious of your age because when I speak to people younger then me (and unfortunately for me there seems now to be more and more of them lol), those in their early to mid 20's, they are all amazed when I tell them stories of the things we did back in the mid to late 80's, and most of them are shocked with what we all got away with doing. As I said earlier in this thread "times sure have changed". It certainly was a different and more fun filled time.

9 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

...and I rest my case.

• Like 1

Don't knock it till you tried it. Sounds like a joint or two with a few beers might make you a better person 

TF probably drinks more beers than any of us. He posts his beers like every day. That being said, he probably does it responsibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I am curious of your age because when I speak to people younger then me (and unfortunately for me there seems now to be more and more of them lol), those in their early to mid 20's, they are all amazed when I tell them stories of the things we did back in the mid to late 80's, and most of them are shocked with what we all got away with doing. As I said earlier in this thread "times sure have changed". It certainly was a different and more fun filled time.

I am 46 and believe me I have stories also. but there is a fine line between having a good time and being stupid.

I don't think there are many people who survived who could tell the "stories" I could tell about my experiences in the '70s and '80s.  That's not bragging, I'm not "proud" of it.  I shake my head thinking back on it.  I'm lucky to have lived thru it all.  But with time and age (59) has come, I like to think, a measure of wisdom, and some discretion in the things I say.  Particularly to young people (and on public forums).  

"Times" have changed - but not in the sense suggested.  There have always been idiots who guzzle beers (or smoke dope) while playing with firearms.  And thankfully there has always been a more intelligent majority who handle and use firearms responsibly.  My 12 year old son would be appalled at some of the comments I've read here - he has been taught to respect guns, and people.  He's learned it well, and I'm proud of him for that.  

Internet forums seem to always have a few "trolls" who like to rile people up.  I generally try to ignore them.  I guess I'm violating my own rule right now.  Oh, well.  Moving on....

• Like 2

Only time I drink beer and smoke dope is when I'm jack lighting giant 200" deer off game preserves!

On a serious note the guys should be thrown in jail. Too many people out there that thinks this practice is okay. There aren't high enough fines in my opinion for this, poachers, and trespassers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

TF probably drinks more beers than any of us. He posts his beers like every day. That being said, he probably does it responsibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good beer  or 2 a few nights a week. Some are running high %. Won't get behind the wheel after doing so. Too much at stake. 

Drinking and firearms certainly don't go together either 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Too much at stake. 

I agree.

However "back in the day", when things were considerably different and when the cops weren't the pr$cks they are today one got away with a lot more then is possible today. (Especially when one was known to most local cops through family connections in local law enforcement)

Yup cops are all pricks for doing their jobs and trying to protect the general public from degenerate assholes like ___________

Insert name ^^^

• Like 3

When I hear people talk in such hateful words about the police, the first thing that comes to mind is a question of what kinds of lawless scumbags they are. That kind of talk is usually somebody who has frequently tested the limits of the law and have had more than their share of run-ins with law enforcement that they came out on the losing end of. I really have no use for people with anti-law attitudes and an irrational hatred with those people charged with enforcing law and order.

• Like 8