Who is the first person you call/text?

ATbuckhunter

The only time I call anyone these days, is when I am up in the Adirondacks.  I call my father in law on the cell phone, so that he can get his ATV as close as possible, to ease the recovery.  I did not need the phone for the first one up there last year during early ML.  The doe was close enough to his house, that he heard the shot while eating breakfast.  She ran towards the house, after I double-lunged her, and he found the carcass before I did.    

The first thing I do, after every kill, is say a silent prayer of thanks to Jesus for the excellent food that he just provided.   In my younger days, I would call a few of my buddies, on the evening of the kill, for a little "bragging".   Now they often don't learn the score, until I run into them at a New years party.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, moog5050 said:

Phade to rub it in!   Ok to share our collective joy.  Lol

Except he does this and says "I shot a two year old."

Did this 2x this season and shot 0 two year olds. WTH!

• Like 1

Most of the time I call my wife but on occasion I'll call a hunting buddy, either Dave or Clark.  When I shot this buck fall of '15 I called Clark first.  Within seconds of hanging up the bow after the shot I had him on the horn.......I absolutely new that the shot was as perfect as you could ask for and that the buck was going to be "Stevie Wonder" easy to recover. Then I called Dave, THEN my wife. :)

98BA359D-D1F9-4D8D-9E67-56B6DA5FF844_zps

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Most of the time I call my wife but on occasion I'll call a hunting buddy, either Dave or Clark.  When I shot this buck fall of '15 I called Clark first.  Within seconds of hanging up the bow after the shot I had him on the horn.......I absolutely new that the shot was as perfect as you could ask for and that the buck was going to be "Stevie Wonder" easy to recover. Then I called Dave, THEN my wife. :)

98BA359D-D1F9-4D8D-9E67-56B6DA5FF844_zps

Still one of my favorite bucks killed by the hunters on this site. 

• Like 1