Cell Cams banned by P&Y

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So cell cam for inventory is OK but for "locating, pursuing or guiding the hunter" its not OK.  This looks like a great new specialty area for a lawyer.  lol 

Anybody know a good lawy.........oh wait, never mind. 

:)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

But remember, it's not a "book buck" unless it's in the BOOK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you shot a state or world record, being in the "BOOK" probably only matters to you.   But to each their own.   If his head is on your wall does it really matter?   

• Like 7

Unless you shot a state or world record, being in the "BOOK" probably only matters to you.   But to each their own.   If his head is on your wall does it really matter?   

Depends on the person, not sure how many entries there are in P&Y but I'm betting there's a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never felt the need to see my name in a book, to know I killed a good buck. I just knew, he was a good one for me. And that's always been good enough. Except for family and a few friends, no one has seen these bucks. I'm good with that too. They will never mean as much to anyone else, as they do to me. And as I've only been using trail cams for a couple years, I've never had one of the good ones on cam first.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 5

Oh wait a while..I remember a bow over 50% let off would disqualify to..then it was 65% Now if over that they add an* 

It's always been based on a hunters honesty..I have a friend that turned down them after a taxidermis has his rack measured.. He said no my. Bow has too high a let off.. No one would ever know if it was or wasn't..

I have several buck that would make nys book and 1 that would make p&y. None are officially entered but they have been measured. ( I do that for myself to check my measuring. Abilities) only contest I have is between myself and that game I persue.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Oh wait a while..I remember a bow over 50% let off would disqualify to..then it was 65% Now if over that they add an* 

It's always been based on a hunters honesty..I have a friend that turned down them after a taxidermis has his rack measured.. He said no my. Bow has too high a let off.. No one would ever know if it was or wasn't..

I have several buck that would make nys book and 1 that would make p&y. None are officially entered but they have been measured. ( I do that for myself to check my measuring. Abilities) only contest I have is between myself and that game I persue.

Only contest I have is between myself and the game I persue.  Perfect!!!

• Like 4

I will be completely honest, when I first shot my bow buck this year, I was excited knowing he could be entered in p&y and bb club.  Had him measured and yep he would make it.  Then the more I thought about it, it seemed silly to me to enter him. Just to have my name in a book. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to diminish what that deer meant to ME.  It became a number.  That's not why I hunt and it doesn't matter much what others think.  impressing others is the only reason I could come up with to enter him.  Not my thing.  He is on my wall and a great reminder of the fun of that hunt and the entire season with my buddies.   That's what counts to me.  He won't be entered nor will any other deer I shoot (but I am reserving a world record exception).  Lol

• Like 15