All time best movies

moog5050

You all left Walking Tall ( original '73 version ) of your lists talking classic action.

What about Missing In Action? Apocalypse Now? Causalities Of War?

I am more of a horror buff, so what about The Howling, The Boogey Man ( '80 ), The Burning, The Exorcist ( '73 ), Salem's Lot ( '79 ), The Evil Dead ( '81 ), Pieces ( '82 ), most of the Friday The 13th movies ( except that horrid reboot in '09 ), Hammer Films, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci.  All classic horror movies in writers in their own right.

Newer horror? Um, I will have to look at my library to see what's actua;y original and get back to you. 

War:  Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Enemy At The Gate, Hamburger Hill, We where Soldiers, Forest Gump
Guns/action:  Rambo, Heat (My 2 fav actors), Boondock Saints, Predator(Best gun scene.), No Country for old Men, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Shooter, Terminator, The Usual Suspects, Unforgiven, Rocky 3 simply for Mr.T and Hulk, two best bad guys at the time.  Thunder lips is here in the flesh baby. Rise of the Foot Soldier, The Mechanic, Green Street Elite, Leon the Professional, Season of the Witch
Comedy:  Hang Over, Analyze This, Red 2, My Cousin Vinny
Pacific Rim (Nice graphics), Natural Born Killers (loved the acting) Avatar awesome graphics and story line.
Any John Wayne movie! 
Honorable mention for creating a karate monkey.  Funny scene.  Warning: F Bomb at 47 Sec.

My beef strong.

"No no doctor shockaloo Your Beef Wrong"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

I watched The Revenant over the winter. Great movie!

I own it because I couldn't wait until it was available for rental. Just saw the bear mauling scene again. Makes you think twice about hunting those big bears.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I own it because I couldn't wait until it was available for rental. Just saw the bear mauling scene again. Makes you think twice about hunting those big bears.  

Even when I see the occasional black bear on our property, that scene flashes in my mind now!.........lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ....rob said:

You all left Walking Tall ( original '73 version ) of your lists talking classic action.

What about Missing In Action? Apocalypse Now? Causalities Of War?

I am more of a horror buff, so what about The Howling, The Boogey Man ( '80 ), The Burning, The Exorcist ( '73 ), Salem's Lot ( '79 ), The Evil Dead ( '81 ), Pieces ( '82 ), most of the Friday The 13th movies ( except that horrid reboot in '09 ), Hammer Films, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci.  All classic horror movies in writers in their own right.

Newer horror? Um, I will have to look at my library to see what's actua;y original and get back to you. 

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and Event Horizon are pretty good too.

• Like 1

A quick brain dump.  Not a fully thought out list:

Platoon, Reservoir Dogs, Falling Down, The Usual Suspects, Suicide Kings, Sixth Sense, Braveheart, The Matrix series, Unforgiven, Tombstone, Infernal Affair, Before Sunset.

Some not so great movies that I will watch over and over again.

The Crow, Predator, Aliens, The Raid, Zoolander, Hard Boiled, Robocop, The Blade series.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elmo said:

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and Event Horizon are pretty good too.

Prince Of Darkness, yes, Event Horizon, not so much. IMO.

Of Mice And Men

Dead Alive

Ginger Snaps ( all of them )

2001: A Space Odyssey

The Blues Brothers

Caddy Shack

Uncle Buck

Summer Rental

Animated 3D-CGI would be:

Resident Evil Degeneration

Resident Evil Damnation

If you want to talk horror for shock factor or gross out factor:

Cannibal Holocaust ( 1980 - They killed and ate a turtle while filming )

The Green Inferno ( ( 2015 ) sort of a remake of Cannibal Holocaust )

Irreversible

Haute Tension

Any of the Guinea Pig films

The August Underground Films

If you want comedy with your horror, Saturday The 14TH, or anything with Elvira associated with it. 

On 4/6/2017 at 10:07 PM, fasteddie said:

1) Full Metal Jacket 

2) Jeremiah Johnson

3) The Quiet Man 

4) Enemy at the Gates 

5) Shooter 

There is my man, I thought no one will say Full Metal Jacket, with hands down best man flick ever.. Bravo Zulu Eddie

Harry, Yea Rock, you know we are sitting on 4 million pounds of rocket fuel, one nuclear war head and a thing that has over 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder, kinda makes you feel good right?  This movie has many good scenes, another I like but not considered "great" by most.  The evaluation is pretty funny also, warning adult language.

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1