I see the nys budget passed, so now we have AR's?

rob-c

36 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

The last I heard the ARs were left out of the budget. I would get the info before reacting. 

Absolutely right. No telling what those zipperheads, in Albany, cut and left on the floor. Or slid in through the back door. 

• Like 1

Usually they put something in the budget to sneak it though because they don’t have the votes to get it passed. I think the ar thing may not even get out of committee.

Also now these senators can say we tried but we couldn’t get it though. Just to let you all know I’m against AR’s.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, growalot said:

Flawed argument  4 seasons...think about it...they would have been shooting smaller 6 and 8's first. No difference.

Highly doubtful because they shoot the first spike and crotches they see. To find a 6 or 8 yearling would take a little bit of work in many places. No Ar kills babies by the 1000's and many are by husbands of non hunting wives.  Trust Me...I see it year after year. I would love to see Ar in this state if not just for that reason!

Irks me too, but that situation has been around for decades. Probably as far back as the party permit era. No way around it w/o annual competency certification of weapons per license purchased, stricter penalties for violations &/or more DEC/ECOs. Which none of that will happen!

10 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Ride sharing (uber) - yes.

crossbows - no.

antler restrictions - no.

absolutely friggin' exhausted - yes.

Which means the "no" items aren't dead, just taken out of the budget bundle and must be passed via the legislature as separate bills!!!!

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What's the timing on ride sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 8 +

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2017/04/08/uber-lyft-coming-what-you-need-know/100216908/

It's about freaking time! I've possibly never seen a taxi where I live. They barely exist in rochester except maybe in the city center? I don't even know. Once in a blue moon I could benefit from using one and not having to wait a dog's age for it. Uber will absolutely fill in a need in this area IMO.

• Like 3

Things are different here then..I do as well,you guys read me complain  about it enough.They ( wives tag)  shoot  6-8's just not  the "target" bucks.. Good God! reading all these threads Makes me think NYODN is faking the  deer kill pics,importing them from out of state and there is some sort of invisible high fence around a large section of  8N.,M,and H where I use to live.

Well perhaps all this back and forth has accomplished one thing...If anyone from the DEC has been following it...They have a better idea of where to concentrate The let them walk campaign and where it was self imposed starting many years ago. So until next year,tuck it in and put it to bed.;)

ARs are like providing first aid triage to a war wound. I supported them from a gun hunter safety standpoint but they're not going to touch the culture of killing, illegal activity or game management incompetence. Simply put they were the best and easiest option for the NYS Big Game hunter's level of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk