Who's getting out for the bass opener?

Fletch

It's going to be hot this weekend and the lakes will be crowded..I'll look for a cooler day or two next week..

I'll probably also target either bluegills/sunfish or perch..Both are hitting well right now..

Bass are lots of fun to catch, but I prefer the panfish to eat..Also, we generally catch a fair number of bass incidental to our panfish...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm debating hitting Erie Sunday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it at small boat harbor. South gap and north gap of wall. Water intake housings too. Bounce those Gulp Minnie's on weighted jig heads. Seneca shoals if not too windy to get there. Bait shop at harbor sells perfect sized crayfish for shoals. 

We wont be making opener but soon after. Buddy has been hammering them. Bass thumb here we come. 

• Like 2

The bass seemed hungry this morning on lake Erie, but it was hard to stay on them in the high winds with my light aluminum boat.  (2) 17", (3) 15" smallies and one 17" largemouth made it into our livewell.  We lost a few more right at the boat.    There was a bass tournament going on, out of small boat harbor in Buffalo, and them bass boats were on us like gnats almost every time we hooked a fish.   Those bass sure are well-fed with all those gobies out there right now.  I can't remember ever seeing fillets as thick as they were today.  Usually they are thinner at this time of year, when they are just recovering from spawning.  It was nice that the rain held off until the afternoon.

• Like 1