Mayweather!!!

chrisw

I was upset with the early stoppage . I didn't realize boxers were that much softer then MMA guys . Connor even said"let him put me down" he was more then aware of what was going on,he was still making an attempt to back peddle even though he was taking shots and clearly rattled . I look forward to more Connor press conferences, dude is hilarious. 

• Like 3

Pathetic performance again by Mayweather. 10 rounds to beat an amateur? Let's see Mayweather last 10 rounds in an MMA fight with Mcgregor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you even watch the fight? Mayweather barely threw a punch the first 4 rds, McGregor gassed himself out quick and then was a punching bag for Mayweather. He fights smart, unlike McGregor. I laugh when people say pathetic performance, he's 50-0. A W is a W. To say Mayweather is pathetic is ignorance.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was upset with the early stoppage . I didn't realize boxers were that much softer then MMA guys . Connor even said"let him put me down" he was more then aware of what was going on,he was still making an attempt to back peddle even though he was taking shots and clearly rattled . I look forward to more Connor press conferences, dude is hilarious. 

It's not about being soft, it's about not getting your brain rattled more than is necessary. And for all it's worth, Conor was down, the ropes held him up. He was being punched from one end of the ring to the other, back peddling is not an ability to defend yourself, which he was unable to do at the end. You should learn more about boxing and the rules before saying they're soft...

• Like 1

Did you even watch the fight? Mayweather barely threw a punch the first 4 rds, McGregor gassed himself out quick and then was a punching bag for Mayweather. He fights smart, unlike McGregor. I laugh when people say pathetic performance, he's 50-0. A W is a W. To say Mayweather is pathetic is ignorance.

So you honestly think Floyd beats any other top level boxer last night? He's not what he used to be probably because he's 40 years. I think he would have been knocked out if he was fighting an experience top level boxer last night

• Like 2

So you honestly think Floyd beats any other top level boxer last night? He's not what he used to be probably because he's 40 years. I think he would have been knocked out if he was fighting an experience top level boxer last night

I think so yes, Floyd is the best at defense, so well that at times people complain about a boring fight, but he always wins. Last night was all about strategy, the same as any fight. Floyd knew if he let McGregor throw bombs early he'd tire out and Floyd could pick him apart. I think you're missing the point here, Floyd didn't come back to fight a champion boxer, he came back to shut a loud mouth MMA champion up. Floyd wasn't running around challenging everyone else in their sport, the idiot was. Floyd admits he's not what he used to be, you show me an MMA fighter that holds the belt for 21 years and then you can talk trash.

Exactly let Conner get em in one of those choke holds

For the 8th time, Mayweather wasn't the one challenging another man to his sport. You run your mouth, you need to back it up. To walk into the ring with Floyd and say you're better than the 21 year champ at his sport is just being a douchebag. Fanboys are obnoxious, talk big then when he loses it's all excuses. How about the 6 illegal hammerfists to the back of Floyd's head? Conor can fight, in MMA, he should stay there.

There has also been a few brave and very good boxers to enter a mma bout. One was former champion--James (Lights Out) Toney. He fought Greco- Roman wrestler and former MMA Champion--Randy (The Natural) Culture. Toney got tackled and was choked out very fast by Culture.
    So- this type of bout has happened before. An early MMA Champ- Jennum is his last name tackled a pro- boxer and finished him down there with punches and the best arm-bar I have yet seen in action.    I believe I am right on both here going by memory as a hard core boxing fan since I could watch tv and UFC fan since its beginning in 1993. Members can google what I just wrote to see if I am right.
  I would really like to see a current Boxing champ-(any weight)- challenge a MMA fighter -but have the courage to go in as a MMA fighter-chokes and all. It would be best if the mma fighter was a champ himself.  I understand McGregor gave a good account of himself. Now

I

I would agree that McGregor won the first few rounds but that was part of the Mayweather plan, he knew if he bought some time early he could capitalize later on, the rounds won are irrelevant when it ends in KO. I understand Conor is all about show but his constant denouncing of boxing as a real combat sport is as ridiculous as his mouth. I'm glad Floyd put him in his place. I'd like to see him come out of this a bit more humble but I think douchebag is part of his DNA unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisw said:

It's not about being soft, it's about not getting your brain rattled more than is necessary. And for all it's worth, Conor was down, the ropes held him up. He was being punched from one end of the ring to the other, back peddling is not an ability to defend yourself, which he was unable to do at the end. You should learn more about boxing and the rules before saying they're soft...

Mayweather built his whole career out of back peddling. I said they were soft compared to MMA fighters which is 100 percent accurate.

37 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I

I would agree that McGregor won the first few rounds but that was part of the Mayweather plan, he knew if he bought some time early he could capitalize later on, the rounds won are irrelevant when it ends in KO. I understand Conor is all about show but his constant denouncing of boxing as a real combat sport is as ridiculous as his mouth. I'm glad Floyd put him in his place. I'd like to see him come out of this a bit more humble but I think douchebag is part of his DNA unfortunately.

He proved his point about boxing being below MMA . 1st profesional fight against the best boxer ever and took him into round 10. Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds the other way around.

He proved his point about boxing being below MMA . 1st profesional fight against the best boxer ever and took him into round 10. Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds the other way around.

You're not accepting the fact that was the plan from the Mayweathers the whole time, he's a smart fighter. How long after Floyd started punching did it take? That's right, 4 rds tops. And let's not pretend Conor is some schmuck off the street. He's a world class athlete as well. It's clear your a UFC fanboy who can't stand your loudmouth lost. They fought, he lost, it would behoove you to give Floyd some credit.

Mayweather built his whole career out of back peddling. I said they were soft compared to MMA fighters which is 100 percent accurate.

He built his career out of wins. Show me an MMA fighter who's been on top for 21 years. You can't.

It only stands to reason that since boxing skills are only a small part of the MMA arsenal, a top boxer would beat an MMA fighter in boxing and the same would is true when a boxer tries to beat a MMA fighter at his game.    In the end, they are both laughing all the way to the bank.  If so many didn't hate Macgregor, no one would pay the $100.  And neither could make this type of purse without the hype of both personality and pitting sport against sport.   No one would pay that type of cash to see mayweather beat another boxer.  It was marketing genius in my opinion.  Especially since we all likely could guess the outcome from before the first punch. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 6