piss bottle or let er go

nybuckboy

6 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I recommend eating some asparagus to really bring the bucks in !

I was in a hurry and messed up the second "R", the Mrs didn't care for me posting the pic on Instagram .

image.png

Why should she be upset?  Unless that's her handwriting! ...........smile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grampy said:

I just pee wherever. Even write my name in the snow too. Got in trouble doing that when I was a young buck. Local farmer saw it, in his daughter's handwriting! .......grin.

What a great thread. If the farmers daughter had ahold of my junk there would be no name writing in the snow, to this day, I still can't pee with a boner. We should have a contest to see who can get their wives to fill the most water bottles with their pee for freshening up scrapes, somehow we're going to need some kind of proof 

I use my spitter if I have to pee.

When my brother first started hunting I had him convinced to just pee in the bottle he is spitting his chew in.

I let er go, never had it bother a deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boss hunts at my place a couple times a year and he smokes cigs like it's going out of style. He's also my best friends dad so we make sure to setup a stand for him out in the "smoking section" we call it haha. But this guy uses a piss jug and then sticks all his cig butts in it. I always ask him what's the point of using a piss jug when your smokin a half a pack every time your in the tree lol. He then ties his jug up in the tree and will leave it there, for me to see flapping in the wind when the trees get bare lol. Good thing he only hunts 2 maybe 3 times a year with me lol

When I had a hub blind on top of my 6 foot high platform , I put . a  funnel in a hose and had the hose run to the ground . Didn't have to leave the blind and didn't use a bottle .

If I hunt from a ground blind I use a pee bottle . Not about to get out of the blind nor pee inside .

Here's the $1M question... If you pee in a scrape, it'll help attract bucks to the scrape! So why worry about peeing from a stand? And.. What do you do with the contents of your pee bottle after the hunt, pour it out next to your stand/blind? Somehow that just doesn't make any sense to me and the reason I just let it fly overboard during my hunts. I've actually had young bucks directly under my ladder stand sniffing where I'd pee'ed. Obviously, you do what you feel confident doing, so keep doing it that way!!

Here's the $1M question... If you pee in a scrape, it'll help attract bucks to the scrape! So why worry about peeing from a stand? And.. What do you do with the contents of your pee bottle after the hunt, pour it out next to your stand/blind? Somehow that just doesn't make any sense to me and the reason I just let it fly overboard during my hunts. I've actually had young bucks directly under my ladder stand sniffing where I'd pee'ed. Obviously, you do what you feel confident doing, so keep doing it that way!!

As much time and work as we put in to try and kill a couple bucks what if your pee made a buck you are after turn and head the other way? It's a ram many are willing to take and is also easily avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk