Small problem could be worse

DanielT

Move camera .... Why have a camera in a bedding ground..trails to or from will tell you when to be there..this time of year my.cams are on feed areas and trails to bedding t ha t intersect logging roads.. Easy access to camera and easy scent control... 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 3

Cam should not be set up in bedding areas or areas that you may think are prime bedding areas. My Cams are soley set up over mock scrapes, trails leading to food/bed or on my food plots. I never venture near bedding or sanctuary to put a cam. Access to cam is just as important as placement of the cam.

• Like 4

Here they bed everywhere...so I need to figure who and when...is it fawns bedded that I'm pushing or a family group...time of year will dictate that. Time of day  that is just experience and glassing from a distance before going in. When have they left for water and or preferred food...Well about the time I'm figuring during hunting season that they will be on their feet and moving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielT said:

Whenever I retrieve my trail cam cards in this one spot I seem to have deer bedded within 15 yards and they jump up for the third time now I'm afraid I'm going to spook them for good what would you do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you spooked them 3 times already and they keep coming back I wouldn't worry about it or move the camera. Only other thing you could do is make more noise or move the camera. Being that they stay there until they see you I wouldn't be too concerned. Now if it were a mature buck and you jumped him once I would be pulling the camera and try to catch them moving to the bedding area vs setting up in the bedding area.

On my parents property we jump deer no matter where you go into the woods. They come back eventually or move off into another direction and watch us until we leave.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

I prefer to check my cams with someone else and we just talk and don't try to be sneaky. The deer always come back but there used to people i guess as ones a x-mas tree farm and the other is a urban hunting area. The urban area i can hunt in jeans and a t-shirt washed in Tide soap and they still wouldn't care. 

• Like 1