Buddy beat Ben Hogans course record

turkeyfeathers

So course record of like 60+ years by Ben Hogan is now owned by a friend of mine  Previous was 64  He shattered it with a 31-30 =61    Actually left a couple out there too. Parred a par 5 only 500 yards  He hits it 340 all day long, not even kidding. Plays some mini tours and when gets it going really gets it going. Brookfield CC. I caddied for him at The Porter Cup last year. Next to the Amateur it's the largest am tourney there is.

My personal best is 66 at Fox valley CC  and Lancaster CC (9 birdies and 3 bogeys)  some 67's thrown in there too. 61 is freakin crazy number . I contribute his 61 by me tinkering and toying with his irons and wedges in our lie/ loft machine here at work lol

• Like 9

So course record of like 60+ years by Ben Hogan is now owned by a friend of mine  Previous was 64  He shattered it with a 31-30 =61    Actually left a couple out there too. Parred a par 5 only 500 yards  He hits it 340 all day long, not even kidding. Plays some mini tours and when gets it going really gets it going. Brookfield CC. I caddied for him at The Porter Cup last year. Next to the Amateur it's the largest am tourney there is.
My personal best is 66 at Fox valley CC  and Lancaster CC (9 birdies and 3 bogeys)  some 67's thrown in there too. 61 is freakin crazy number . I contribute his 61 by me tinkering and toying with his irons and wedges in our lie/ loft machine here at work lol
What course? Or did I miss that??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Rumor around wny is the actual clubhouse at Brookfield has some major structural issues and needs to be replaced soon....any truth to that TF?

Sorry to derail the thread

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Absolutely true. Members are pizzed as going to get thwacked with a huge assessment. Many are leaving because of it

It's usually a local who has course records. I remember once reading the story of the Bethpage Black record. some local shot 64 and didn't even win whatever tourney it was. It just all came together one day, but I think he missed two short putts also.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

f9087ca7a5ded91d4b61e052e18ebef1.jpg4eec9b163c30ccce9ed9f1c4b8aecc9f.jpg6d1b2d65e094bc2446b45828ca76688a.jpgb4d60dce2a7c8898b0360ba4b897b6c5.jpgad17921c8688453249aa9161a4b9cd0b.jpge6a8a6af94cc4f3b1f1820d2ce07077e.jpg828c486cc42819d1f6183fb3400bfa71.jpg52711ac65683fdae425d5f7dc9a9df81.jpg8369f81cbcc31091c4f1d9df364564dc.jpgeeb96c199a7fe4d96b0c591a7d561f4f.jpg548df9fd039cedc6e7cb8e07b4d5fde1.jpg
Dug this up. Played with 29 of these guys. Sadly my name isn't anywhere on there. Well dang, just noticed . I shot 67 at Byrncliff which apparently is tied. White tees , oh well. Lol  Had one up in East Lansing , MI for a few years with a 68 but that got wiped. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

I'm an office golfer if that.  i just bought a new set of clubs couple years ago.  i've used them once.  i do like playing but can't get out enough with other stuff going on.  i've played so many times i could probably count them all on my fingers not that long ago.

TF you got the link for that buffalo news article handy?

Some of those scores surprise me as in they are a little higher that I would expect. Like a 69 at Buffalo Tournament Club? I do not find that course to be hard at all. I'm not saying I can shoot 69 there I'm just saying I'm surprised the record is a 69. 

And Dustin Johnson holds the record for The Links at Ivy Ridge.... is that the same Dustin Johnson that is currently the world number one golfer? 

TF you got the link for that buffalo news article handy?
Some of those scores surprise me as in they are a little higher that I would expect. Like a 69 at Buffalo Tournament Club? I do not find that course to be hard at all. I'm not saying I can shoot 69 there I'm just saying I'm surprised the record is a 69. 

And Dustin Johnson holds the record for The Links at Ivy Ridge.... is that the same Dustin Johnson that is currently the world number one golfer? 

I doubt too many world class golfers have played there, and you need to be one to shoot 69