Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well that was a sh!t show! I have been seeing a lot of deer on an edge of an old grown up pasture. Last night I woke up and it dawned on me I used to have a stand in the corner of it so I decided I would get in early and hang a stand, well wasn't near as easy as I anticipated I should have pulled the plug immediately but I'm hard headed and had to cut about 40 branches of a tree that had blown down on top of my old tree. Hopefully there is a deaf buck around here somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man it's chilly!! 32
Jumped 2 yotes off yesterday's gut pile on way in. I dragged it a couple hundred yards away from this stand. I'll sit this spot this morn and let it rest for a bit. Wanted to sit it with this cold. We will see. Maybe a yote will get shot too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wish I could play hooky again today but there’s work to be done. Last night I was kicking myself for changing stands. I sat and watched a parade of deer walk out into the bean field within 35 yards of the stand I was in for the morning, including my #1 hit list buck. I ended up having a couple of small does come by my stand at 15 yards and a flock of 30 turkeys walk by. I watched 3 bucks sparring out in the beans and a ton of does mill around. Oh well, it was nice to see so many deer and great to see my #1 make an appearance in daylight. Hopefully that wasn’t his one slip up of the season. I’ll be back at it this weekend. 

• Like 1

At what point do I give up on this frozen field.?

Debating moving to the other blind halfway down the field on the ridge so I can see all of the field. But I didn't want to walk all the way across and bump deer omw in.ce3da35b9caae1de552a940e262c8370.jpg&key=0f6d8764e320d9f68922d31ffba82b67fef44b775d0ca815555f16349ee00417

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At what point do I give up on this frozen field.?

Debating moving to the other blind halfway down the field on the ridge so I can see all of the field. But I didn't want to walk all the way across and bump deer omw in.ce3da35b9caae1de552a940e262c8370.jpg&key=0f6d8764e320d9f68922d31ffba82b67fef44b775d0ca815555f16349ee00417

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Afternoon lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First time hunting this stand , tough bow stand . This is the only shot , to thick to see them coming , they’ll pop out 15 yards away in the open . Been standing with bow ready .

Three good sized coyotes slipped through . I’m going to make an effort to kill a bunch this year .

i wondered why this skinny tree kept moving , there’s a Raccoon trapped above me !

BEBC36FE-0704-4F56-8A7F-1EDED3C05E2A.png

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just had a yearling doe and tiny fawn eating under the apple tree..fawn still nursing. Doe all spooked up.20 min..then up into neighbors sanctuary. Pretty sure in sight of our drive to get in. Oh well she'll be a well fed  doe next year. Surprised  not to see spots on that little thing.

Edited by growalot

Get the kids on the bus, start getting camo on, look out into my field and a nice 6 is waljung through it. 4-5" brows, 7" g2s. I grunt and snort weez at him from our patio. He tyrns around and waljs back to my woods. Sit my butt in my stand i moved yesterday and begin rattling. In 2 minytes here comes a buck. Its the same 6. Pretty tempting buck. Got within 30 yards. I may regret passing.

• Like 6

Ahh what a morning.im ready for a beer already!!!grrr.a swing and a miss.first thing when got to stand could hear i busted something.10 mins up in stand i have a deer 20yrds from me for atleast 30 mins till she wandered away.around 745 or so hit the grunt call a few times.at 8 i peak over my shoulder and have 2 deer coming down the trail.4pt and the 8 i saw opening morning.both came by presenting shots at 25yrds and just when u think u practice enough.roght over the back of the 8pter!!!!didnt spook em suprisingly.they hung out around me for atleast another 30 mins.they would walk off n id give a couple grunts n right back in my direction.couldnt get the 8pt back in range.the 4pt got within 10yrds but gave him the pass atleast 6 diff times.o well.exciting morning.think my nerves got the best of me on that one!

• Like 5