Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Decision time...

Stay on the grass/hay field for the entire day.

Or cross the field to the woods blind.

No deer since 830. They all went into the woods

Decisions decisions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Woods my friend

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, growalot said:

Wow I decided to try that ever calm...WTH it reeks....deer herd liquid...did I get the wrong stuff?

Nope you got the right one. I imagine the liquid is highly concentrated compared to the stick form. Although the stick is pretty dank too. Not sure I want to ever smell the VSL or whatever it's called.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm out here

Alone!!

F in deer

I'm pulling plug soon gonna take the 50 minute drive and see if the floodwaters have eased the road into the island I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know there will be a huge rut party as soon as you leave.  

• Haha 1

I’ve been wondering what buck had been making all these scrapes, so on last Saturday (4th) after hunting the morning. I pissed in one of them and then put cam to watch it. Here he is later that night. This is 100% the buck I just seen this morning. I guess he got mad and laid down in it lol

6d2ff78b7ec96024d69a992e0c164ce5.jpg&key=e4b1e64dfef3394e50a2afdd80de36a0d9c45573b16525b1de62ef843b9b8eae

988ffae7e64d08fbfcce9b0b7991cc92.jpg&key=97be60d681b651775f4d172c2c9b8242c94c277fcafcc1c8ba8d5280e81226b5

He came back on the 6th and then this morning. I’d love to kill this buck with a Mathews. I knew based on scrapes and big buck rubs that something had to be here bigger than the small bucks I had seen. Now I’m torn between here with compound and my regular land in 3N with xbow on where to hunt rest of day, tomorrow and weekend

3c0386122f56c01847c3062ed08348d5.jpg&key=875bc8c6c396e072712a47462cccda1088916f34dbf852da0b7da6fc74c9a771

I think I’ll Go hunt 3N with xbow this afternoon and come Back here for the morning and hope this guy comes by again but closer.
What’s the consensus, better chance to kill him in the morning or night? He checked scrape twice at night after sunset but I saw him this morning at 8am....

Nope you got the right one. I imagine the liquid is highly concentrated compared to the stick form. Although the stick is pretty dank too. Not sure I want to ever smell the VSL or whatever it's called.  
I was thinking the same thing and stuck with the bedding area deodorant stick. Deff alot nicer application then worrying about spilling liquid esterous all over the place.

Not sure I wanna smell the vsl either....I think the vsl may be a very powerful overwhelming smell in the woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

I know if I ever spill that in a pocket Mr B will kick me out of the house until end of season...LOL...he complains about my fresh earth wafers....

Nothing will ever smell as bad as the bottle of Hawbakers fox long distance call lure a kid poured in the radiator at school in 8th grade. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think I’ll Go hunt 3N with xbow this afternoon and come Back here for the morning and hope this guy comes by again but closer.
What’s the consensus, better chance to kill him in the morning or night? He checked scrape twice at night after sunset but I saw him this morning at 8am....

Best chance to kill Him is to staying hunting where He is.   IMO.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'd say hunt where you are this afternoon  Catch him coming back to bedding area. 

• Like 1

If that's your target buck now....hunt him hard.....he likes that area and frequents it enough for you to catch him if you get lucky and a doe becomes hot in that area.....basically let 3n lay idle till gun and focus on this buck

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You know there will be a huge rut party as soon as you leave.  

Funny thing is I've hunted this chunk for a decade and have never seen a buck chase a doe in here lol. I've seen some nice bucks in here and we have taken quite a few deer outa here just weird. One day, not today though. I got those 2 bucks I saw Saturday on the island on my mind and I have doe tags there. None here as I burned my antlerless already.

I'd say hunt where you are this afternoon  Catch him coming back to bedding area. 

Yea he definitely went into the swamp over the hill. That’s where all the deer appear to go in the morning after I️ see them.

Had a bad experience with the evercalm stuff. This was years ago, put it way upwind of me, perfect scenario and had multiple deer come in and blow out of the area. Was peak rut too, nothing came close. Never used it again and switched stands.... I had heard good things though. Maybe my herd was a bunch of commys that didn't like intruders...? Idk. Hope it works better for you !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Best chance to kill Him is to staying hunting where He is.   IMO.  

Yea unfortunately I️ didn’t pack food or drink. I’ll head home eat and probably come back here instead of 3N I️ guess.

Yea unfortunately I️ didn’t pack food or drink. I’ll head home eat and probably come back here instead of 3N I️ guess.

Tough it out, move to set up on his exit of the swamp and get ready. It's the 9th of November chances are he's not laying there until sunset.

• Like 5

This fella was checking out the "doe stand" pretty hard on 10/25 - 27.  Late pre-rut?  Early estrous?  All nighttime pics, but there was a pic of a buck (can't see him in full) at 9:31 a.m. on Halloween.  Nothing after.  Yargh... 

Not many does cruising through, so this is kind of strange.

I've got to figure out a strategy to get in front of one of these fellas in the daylight.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.52.55 AM.png

• Like 2

Wow I decided to try that ever calm...WTH it reeks....deer herd liquid...did I get the wrong stuff?
That is the smell of deer passion. It works amazingly though I just use the stick version. It's easier than the liquid

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk