Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Nope you got the right one. I imagine the liquid is highly concentrated compared to the stick form. Although the stick is pretty dank too. Not sure I want to ever smell the VSL or whatever it's called.  
The VS1 Reeks of Deer Passion!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think I’ll Go hunt 3N with xbow this afternoon and come Back here for the morning and hope this guy comes by again but closer.
What’s the consensus, better chance to kill him in the morning or night? He checked scrape twice at night after sunset but I saw him this morning at 8am....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you saw him in the AM you will see him in the AM again, he was either heading back to his bedding area this morning or heading to feed. Either way I would piss in his scrape again it got him to change his pattern and that is how you kill a dominant buck.

Yea unfortunately I️ didn’t pack food or drink. I’ll head home eat and probably come back here instead of 3N I️ guess.

Tough it out, move to set up on his exit of the swamp and get ready. It's the 9th of November chances are he's not laying there until sunset.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Decision time...

Stay on the grass/hay field for the entire day.

Or cross the field to the woods blind.

No deer since 830. They all went into the woods

Decisions decisions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have killed some of my best bucks after 10. If you have had any action at all I'd stay put, only time I'd move if is i haven't seen a thing and for some reason i think i can move to a stand without busting bedded deer.

Tough it out, move to set up on his exit of the swamp and get ready. It's the 9th of November chances are he's not laying there until sunset.

I’m already home it’s only 5miles

If you saw him in the AM you will see him in the AM again, he was either heading back to his bedding area this morning or heading to feed. Either way I would piss in his scrape again it got him to change his pattern and that is how you kill a dominant buck.

I️ pissed in it. Are you saying don’t hunt there this afternoon and only wait for Tom morning? Or do both? I’m not a big scent guy was wondering if some estrous on a tree a little closer might do the trick?

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I️ pissed in it. Are you saying don’t hunt there this afternoon and only wait for Tom morning? Or do both? I’m not a big scent guy was wondering if some estrous on a tree a little closer might do the trick?

You could work a drag line with hot piss from where you saw him to where you are set up.

• Like 2

Started hunting this new piece of state property 3 days ago. Saw some good sign ground scrapes and a lot of tracks. Hunted yesterday from 830-1pm with some doe estrous out nothing. So this morning after I dropped my wife at work I headed straight to the woods. Got out of the truck got ready and on my way about 830. Headed up the trail to my spot 1.5 miles away up the mountain. About 250 yards in cresting a hill theirs another trail to the right I took a few steps and seen some movement. So I raise my 3006 and look through the scope its a buck with its head to the ground zig zagging his way right to me. At about 50yrds he stops I fire a a 150 grain 3006 bullet right through the vitals he takes off I'm following him through my scope I see another opening lane and fire again dropped right there. Gave him about 10 minutes I could see the white belly and him. Walk up too him a nice Adirondack 6 pointer. My biggest deer yet horn wise. Both shots vitals. Big woods hunting on my feet. I'm very pleased with this deer and venison for my freezer. I'm going to try to post pics later.

• Like 30

6 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Started hunting this new piece of state property 3 days ago. Saw some good sign ground scrapes and a lot of tracks. Hunted yesterday from 830-1pm with some doe estrous out nothing. So this morning after I dropped my wife at work I headed straight to the woods. Got out of the truck got ready and on my way about 830. Headed up the trail to my spot 1.5 miles away up the mountain. About 250 yards in cresting a hill theirs another trail to the right I took a few steps and seen some movement. So I raise my 3006 and look through the scope its a buck with its head to the ground zig zagging his way right to me. At about 50yrds he stops I fire a a 150 grain 3006 bullet right through the vitals he takes off I'm following him through my scope I see another opening lane and fire again dropped right there. Gave him about 10 minutes I could see the white belly and him. Walk up too him a nice Adirondack 6 pointer. My biggest deer yet horn wise. Both shots vitals. Big woods hunting on my feet. I'm very pleased with this deer and venison for my freezer. I'm going to try to post pics later.

Congrats on the buck!

• Like 3

Already regretting moving to the woods lol.

I forgot how limited viewing is from the ground compare to a tree stand. When in the woods.

Don't like it. No sir, not one bit.

And these woods aren't even dense.

Thinking I'll push out of here at 2 to catch the evening field action.

Going to have throw a Hang on stand up in here. Pretty woods. But it's too late to do a bunch of trimming for ground blind sight lines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Someone has been running a bulldozer a couple hundred yards north of me . Was tempted to leave but thought maybe the deer would detour and come this way . Saw a doe cross the field 180 yards East of me a few minutes ago .
View from the stand. . . e5a2f4f18568ec29619e1bd159d4dc54.jpg3881d8bd27392bb9f319fa3a845b52eb.jpgfafda26b4ac9a7543abc3b0a58d31ee3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk