Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Deer are like rabbits. I had a dog that would get bored from hunting rabbit's if there weren't any around and pick a deer to chase.  Most deer would take off straight and you could here the dog go out of ear shot then 5 10 minutes later here they come most of the time you could watch the deer run by then get a whuping stick ready for the chaser!! That dog would see me standing there and just role over on his back!  Crazy dog couldn't help himself. I was always afraid someone wold shoot him.  

Good luck tomorrow grow. Keep at it.

• Like 1

I think I may have met the dumbest deer ever tonite! The sad part was, she got the better of me...

Doe comes walking along following my scent drag. Steps into the open lane at 22 yards. I shoot, hit a tiny branch and the arrow buries in the ground between her legs. She jumps back and then walks back to sniff the arrow. Walks on the path till I have a 15 yard shot that, again, hits a branch that jumped up and threw itself into the path of my arrow! At this point she stops and stares at me. I stand up and tell the deer that I'm not wasting my last arrow on her and she better leave before I change my mind. This ultra-wary (hah!) beast then walks past me and out to the winter wheat, quietly feedin 25 yards from me. Just to add a little more insult to my day, a nice 8 point cruises by ten yards further out in the field, sniffing the doe but never stopping or offering me a shot. 

The final insult comes when I decide to leave. This brain dead deer wanders back into the woods twenty yards from me while I climb down, retrieve my bow, notch an arrow and then say " oh hell, no" and walk away. I'm sure that deer was having a good laugh as I walk off with my vestigial tail tightly tucked between my legs. 

Hate to admit it but, all true. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nephew was out in 4-0 saw two bucks and one large doe. Had a forkie at 15 yards. But A/R makes him ng. He has one more day he can bow hunt, so a big doe may be on his list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whereabouts in 4o?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So did an all day sit today, action was slow with a few sightings ... until time to leave then all hell broke loose and I was stuck in the tree until it was pitch black so not to spook him out of the area. As I was packing my stuff up to get out of the tree I hear chasing in the distance coming my way. All of a sudden a doe runs towards my stand chased by one of the big boys. She circles my tree at about 10 yds and in he comes. I can hear him walking snapping sticks and he comes in to less than 10 yds. He's standing there as the doe continued slowly circling my tree. After a few minutes he slowly walks angling towards the doe as it's getting darker. Now he's about 30 yds from my tree as it's getting darker. Now it's darker so I can't see him anymore but I can hear him rubbing a tree. Then I hear another deer coming from behind me. The commotion attracted another deer which ended up coming right up to my tree. I can make out its shape in the darkness but can't tell if it's a buck or a doe, although I thought I heard antlers brushing up against branches when it was walking through some thick brush beside my tree. The first buck started approaching him and I thought I was going to hear a buck fight but the second one started walking away. Meanwhile the doe wandered off in the other direction. Then the first buck wandered off in the direction the doe headed. By the time they all finally left and I could climb down it was 5:25. Hopefully they'll be back tomorrow during legal time!

• Like 3

I think I may have met the dumbest deer ever tonite! The sad part was, she got the better of me...
Doe comes walking along following my scent drag. Steps into the open lane at 22 yards. I shoot, hit a tiny branch and the arrow buries in the ground between her legs. She jumps back and then walks back to sniff the arrow. Walks on the path till I have a 15 yard shot that, again, hits a branch that jumped up and threw itself into the path of my arrow! At this point she stops and stares at me. I stand up and tell the deer that I'm not wasting my last arrow on her and she better leave before I change my mind. This ultra-wary (hah!) beast then walks past me and out to the winter wheat, quietly feedin 25 yards from me. Just to add a little more insult to my day, a nice 8 point cruises by ten yards further out in the field, sniffing the doe but never stopping or offering me a shot. 
The final insult comes when I decide to leave. This brain dead deer wanders back into the woods twenty yards from me while I climb down, retrieve my bow, notch an arrow and then say " oh hell, no" and walk away. I'm sure that deer was having a good laugh as I walk off with my vestigial tail tightly tucked between my legs. 

Wow man, I don’t I’ve heard that happen to anyone twice. Sounds like some lame trimming is in order.

After it happened to me once on a nice buck I made sure every little twig was removed on every stand lol.

• Like 1

She new she was safe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I want the group's opinion on something. Was just walking out for coffee and a snack. There is treeline that runs straight up the middle of the property and splits 2 fields. I travel this line because it helps conceal me.  Anyway on the way out I noticed that there is a brand new hang on stand and set of sticks in a tree smack dab in the middle of the property. No contact information anywhere on it. I am the only one with permission to hunt here and the property is posted. What would you do?
I'd pull it all and leave a note

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guess who’s back in the mix tomorrow?

I am. 636am sunrise tomorrow, 32 degrees. Heading to 3S with compound. Will be my 19th sit in 2017, 13th different day. I’ve already hunted more this year than any prior year in NY thx to the compound and I’m having a blast

• Like 10

I am. 636am sunrise tomorrow, 32 degrees. Heading to 3S with compound. Will be my 19th sit in 2017, 13th different day. I’ve already hunted more this year than any prior year in NY thx to the compound and I’m having a blast

It's like you never left... ha.

I'll sneak in just before first light to "the doe stand." Gotta help the wife with the boy in the morning, and the south wind has worked well from that stand.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

From the amount of posts during the day I didn't think you worked anyways. Haha jk

• Like 5

Can't wait for the pics Growie...hey Biz-No "PERFECT DAY/CONDITIONS" post tomorrow- stick to the objective info and good things will happen- get it done- I hope to jump back in 3s after "Teacher Detention" aka conference day tomorrow for the last 90 minutes- daylight savings is killing my hunting opportunities

• Like 2