Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

If it’s not fun anymore- call it quits for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree we don't live in a society where we need to hunt for our food to live......this time of year is supposed to be like xmas Everytime we step into the woods.....when you stop enjoying it, and enough is enough, call it quits for the season. When anytime I participate in something that starts to feel like a job and a daily grind I move onto another hobby or project and hopeful the fire gets rekindled.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Out and about in 4z. Ain't seen diddly save for squirrels and a mosquito trying to land on me. 

Just let out a booty call to see if that has any effect. 

If this place ends up being a bust again I'm crossing it off my list. 4-5 visits over two seasons and all I've seen were some does, one bear and one turkey. 

I've seen your post I know where you are....creepy right? Basher holds some nice one's you just better be a quick shot and own good tall muck boots. My first job was at the grocery store in Wurtsboro 17 years ago. Let' say I made it late to work once or twice stuck in a swamp.

• Haha 1

Because that’s how you’re supposed to hang them. You want the blood to pool down in the neck, not in your hind quarters.

That’s a bunch of hooey!! When it’s dead the blood does not pool up in neck or the hinds! It stays where it is unless cut. That’s basic science.
Now hanging head up or down just seems to be how you learned. But head up the body cavity drains out where ya wrung it. Head down it all sits in the neck.

• Like 2

That’s a bunch of hooey!! When it’s dead the blood does not pool up in neck or the hinds! It stays where it is unless cut. That’s basic science.
Now hanging head up or down just seems to be how you learned. But head up the body cavity drains out where ya wrung it. Head down it all sits in the neck.

Hooy? Explain the blood draining then? Old school by the head was probably just easier because there wasn’t a gambrle around.

I honestly don’t care, just think it’s funny how people try to justify disproven methods because of tradition

Unfortunately it is a buck! When it came out I'm like sweet big ass doe, just what I'm looking for. 45 yard shot with the ML dropped on spot. Go over to it and hey now its got boy tools and both antlers nastily busted at skull. I am now just out with the boy for him to get one and then maybe see if a big boy around in late ML. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

Hooy? Explain the blood draining then? Old school by the head was probably just easier because there wasn’t a gambrle around.

I honestly don’t care, just think it’s funny how people try to justify disproven methods because of tradition

Blood doesn't drain or move through the body when the heart stops. If you rinse while hanging by the neck stuff will drip out the bung.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Unfortunately it is a buck! When it came out I'm like sweet big ass doe, just what I'm looking for. 45 yard shot with the ML dropped on spot. Go over to it and hey now its got boy tools and both antlers nastily busted at skull. I am now just out with the boy for him to get one and then maybe see if a big boy around in late ML. 

My father shot one just like that Saturday evening.  Both broke about an inch up. Never seen that before

26 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Don't tell a forensic scientist that.  He might actually set you straight.

He is pretty much spot on. If you cut an artery or vein you will get some. But a hanging whole deer the blood does not all run from one end to the other!

4 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Maybe not so much after they are field dressed, but it's not true at all before that.  With the circulatory system intact, but the heart stopped, the blood will indeed pool.

I'll agree with you there. Like when you slaughter a pig and cut the juggler. But yes for deer gutted in the field and dead for a bit. Not much blood going to come out that has not in the gutting.

5 minutes ago, halfnelson said:

Fletch,  

What brand hoist is that?  Looks good!

I'll have to see if it has a name on it. I swear I got it from Sportsman's Guide many, many moons ago. It is cheap but has served me well. Hoisted a couple ton of deer.