Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Someone said 188+ gross.....think it would shrink that much?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not shrink 19”, but lose 19” in deductions? I’m just curious....if it’s 188” gross, it’s probably even less after drying, so then after deductions is it 170” still?

Great buck regardless for NY, I’m just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 degrees with a 7 mph wind. Hopefully something is walking at legal shooting time. hey where is book so i know for sure i dont shoot before sunrise. One minute can make or break a day. 5 seconds can change your hunt from a good day or a not so good day. good luck to everyone in the woods and to those that arnt. na na na na na na.

• Like 1

I'm back at it folks.  No treestands but I can sit in a blind all damn day if I want.  Not bad for having pretty major surgery on 11/13 !!  

With great friends , who know what getting out means to me, I'm here and they're ready to work. 

Let's hope that I see a deer.  It's been such a messed up season. 

You never know folks   Life is funny, and cruel  but beautiful and today, is beautiful

40 degrees, wind in my face.  Fresh scrapes 40 yards out.  

good luck 

IMG_2255.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, upstate said:

I'm back at it folks.  No treestands but I can sit in a blind all damn day if I want.  Not bad for having pretty major surgery on 11/13 !!  

With great friends , who know what getting out means to me, I'm here and they're ready to work. 

That's awesome!  Good luck!

You never know folks   Life is funny, and cruel  but beautiful and today, is beautiful

good luck 

IMG_2255.thumb.JPG.29cfc7186aaa12d73f74890075f24dcb.JPG
Enjoy the day ! Welcome back !!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, upstate said:

good luck 

IMG_2255.JPG

Diehard! Good Luck and Godspeed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Just saw pics.   That thing is pretty crazy. 

are they posted somewhere? 

13 hours ago, Cory said:

I've seen this little one a couple times this year and was really hoping it mad it because piebald deer are cool we definitely don't see them often. But low and behold some scumbag disgraced this beautiful creature and all hunters. This is what I found on my walk thru state land today. Shot her right in the neck and just left her. DISGUSTED 

IMG_0082.JPG

makes me sad. I'd have trouble with even a grown piebald and never sure if I would/could do it. I guess I would make my mind up when/if presented. But she deserved a longer life regardless of coat. 

Rarely will you find me defending a NYS hunter...but lets examine this whole piebald situation...ONE observant person noticed the back leg....which,saying this not seeing first hand , didn't look shot but broken.

So if that were the case...another hunter seeing this and shooting that rather tiny fawn( for this time of year) wasn't such a scumbag after all...look at that 2 possible scenarios ...assumptions....:rolleyes:

i took a walk out to the back of the property this morning. Looks like a deer highway, and i saw a few scrapes that have been freshened up a bit so it looks like its about to be back on. I hope the folks in the development behind me dont get to twisted if they see me up in a tree. Everybody has those big new development back  yards.Flat all the way to the creek I should be good by about forty to fifty yards.with all the nonsense on the news I am fully expecting someone to call the cops on me.

That piebald is just a shame. what an absolute waste.

Edited by vizslas