Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

24 minutes ago, growalot said:

I to watched that beautiful Sun set... haven't seen a deer in a while...not even the fawns..nothing on cams.. How I know for sure it's pointless... neighbor drove their Gator from east to west  towards me and through the middle of the golden rod field.. did not kick one deer to me..:rolleyes:

Wow,that is the goldenrod field you found 60 + beds in,right?

I think someone is making sure you are having a piss poor season so you really really appreciate next years success.

• Like 2

No deer seen up on the ridge in 4L. Beauty of a sunset, though, and I suppose I'm content with the gift given.

A handful of turkeys trotted to about 40 yards around 4:10. They stood for a bit, checking me out. It's the first time I've seen turkeys hesitate. I must have been close to, or leaning against their roost.

Once they turned around, I knew I wouldn't be seeing any deer either. A fine afternoon to be in the woods, all the same.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got into the woods at 1130.

Still hunted a property I got access to a month ago. Thus far I've only hunted the edge. And seen deer 90% of the outings.

I went around the the woods for the first time. Turns out it looks just as good in the middle and the other side as it does from the side I hunt

3 ridges forming a t shape. Making 2 draw/funnels 2 distinct small bedding areas. Corn bordering 2 sides of the square property.

Heavy use trails on each ridge and in the valleys between.

Found a couple nice spots for stands next year.

No deer seen. Went to my main stand.

Way too windy to sit. Big gusts moving the tree a foot or more.

Got down and moved an extra blind into the center on the widest ridge lookingf down into bedding and a draw coming up between the 2 corn fields.

Again no deer.

Either way a great afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Going to pa camp Friday even though i'm tagged out, if all the blinds are not full ill be on coyote and spotter duty. Sunday ill be back at it in NY maybe take a doe with my last DMP, then have the wife transfer me hers since i think shes done. 

No way..opened the door and it was a mini hurricane out there...not risking another widow maker...my shoulder from the last one is still messed up and tender. It's suppose to rain later so maybe  a mid morning sit...

What are the odds of getting hit by a fallen tree twice in one season? Just go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, growalot said:

Tree guy..I only see what he types if someone  Quotes him. Blocked long ago....

yes you remind people how superior you are to me and doewacker quite often. What's funny is that i was trying to help.

carry on.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1