Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Today's my birthday, and for 40 yrs I've done my damnedest to get a bday buck without success.  This morning was no different. Didn't see a thing.  I'll be out this afternoon for another try.  There's always next year. Lol

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Today's my birthday, and for 40 yrs I've done my damnedest to get a bday buck without success.  This morning was no different. Didn't see a thing.  I'll be out this afternoon for another try.  There's always next year. Lol

Happy Birthday.  Buck or not, great way to spend the day.

• Like 1

Did a slow trail walk around the property...OMG so much deer crap! ...got to the oak flats  plot  and I'm watching the bedding area on the other side as I approach to check cam ..Up pop two deer just off my left side..few yards away...They get 20 +yrds out on the slashing and stop...I froze. It's the buck fawn and doe... So starts a 20 min stare down and walk back to me...Do you know how sore that can make you?...geezs...The doe fawn was much smarter. She stayed well into the slashings slowly moving away as he came towards me. It ended when he got into the open and I stood there in the open as well . By now gun shouldered and supported with and army  type sling rest....That was well over a 5 min 10 yrds wide open stare down ...him licking his nose bobbing his head...pretending to clean his back and quickly looking at me...pretending to eat and snapping to attention...LOL the little guy pulled out all the stops. I was dressed in black jogging sweats ,camo jacket ..work clogs orange vest and hat, no mask, no gloves...The doe finally decided she'd waited long enough ..gave a quick huff and trotted away he turned and decided she had the right Idea and trotted after her...

Wow was that fun...sore... but shoulders ,knees on fire LOL...I'm not desperate enough to shoot a fawn buck or doe...besides I owe them, if not for them all I'd see this season is crap! Literally...Though he did give me a chance to at least remember what my gun feels like shouldered...hahaha...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3

12/2/17: I just shot my personal best whitetail, and did it with my Mathews. Pics to come.

too soon?
Would have been even bigger if it was shot with an Elite. The monsters seeming sacrifice themselves to hunters shooting Elites

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Up in ladder stand. Never killed a deer past 2:30 so hoping to break the ice.  Shooting through the hills so thinking that’s a good sign. A few field mode deer along the drive. Bumped a plump doe 30 yards from stand. Couldn’t get her to stop. Tried an estrus drag on way in. Screwy wind so only getting half my normal field of view without blowing straight at them. My ML wants to make some noise. 

• Like 6

Would have been even bigger if it was shot with an Elite. The monsters seeming sacrifice themselves to hunters shooting Elites

Wasn’t smooth when I shot them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t been out in like ten days , don’t need more meat . Would like to kill more coyotes, and I’ve started my annual Larry feeding the hunters doe shoot .

Leaving the big black .270 home, love the little pink 7mm08 .

2EB941BB-52DF-454A-8210-A6ED859504EF.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Interesting. Must have been a gritty shop

No, it's my bad shoulder. I had 0 intentions of buying the Mathews HTX No Cam, but for whatever reason that felt the smoothest on my shoulder and that's all I care about. I'm not even shooting 250fps.

• Like 1

No, it's my bad shoulder. I had 0 intentions of buying the Mathews HTX No Cam, but for whatever reason that felt the smoothest on my shoulder and that's all I care about. I'm not even shooting 250fps.
So long as you can do so accurately that's all that matters

• Like 1