Do You Support Crossbow Full Inclusion into the NY Archery Season?

tughillmcd

19 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You are twisting things Doc. My comments are about archery equipment in archery season. If you want to change a few words and twist it into a possible argument for injecting guns into archery season or getting rid of archery season all together, then thats on you. Its no different than people saying that Trump wants to get rid of all immigrants when he says he wants illegal immigrants deported. Its nothing but fear mongering IMO. I could care less if you agree or disagree.

I'm not changing or twisting any words. I am simply explaining why the subject of guns comes up every time you try to use bowhunting wounding losses as a justification for crossbows. Don't tell me that you have not heard gun hunters complain about deer running through the woods with arrows sticking out of them and how a better more efficient weapon in that season would eliminate some of that. That is their way of saying the same thing about guns that you are trying to say about crossbows. No, you don't want to come right out and say the word guns and you act all offended when someone points out the fact that you are saying the exact same thing that many gunners are saying. But all that huffing and puffing does not change the fact that when you begin this comparison of how the crossbow introduction into bow season will reduce wounding losses, the gun hunters are saying the exact same thing about their weapon of choice and for exactly the same reason. Now maybe that upsets you, but get over it. I will continue to point this out every time you say it. To me it really amounts to a not so thinly veiled attack on bowhunting just for the purpose of shoehorning in whatever weapon of choice is being argued about whether that be a crossbow or a gun.......no difference.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, hunter49 said:

Full inclusion all the way.  I have always said , call it "deer season" & let people use what ever they want as long as its legal .

This is exactly where we are heading. Whether we like it or not is irrelevant. This is the path that we have set ourselves on.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

There ain't no way less deer are wounded during gun season then archery . I hear them pray and spray Yahoo's going all day out this way.

Agreed, much more  hunters afield during reg. Season than bow and the volleys of gun fire i hear and rapid fire makes me wonder what these guys are shooting at. Not uncommon to hear multiple shots at running deer through fields. I call these the hail mary shots, a wish, a prayer and some luck. To be honest i have yet to encounter a wounded deer with an arrow sticking out, but on a couple occasions i had to put down deer with several gun shots in them. I just dont understand why hunters would not want another efficent tool to harvest deer during bow season. Crossbows are not a slam dunk solutuon to killing deer and certainly not on par with the effectiveness and range of a firearm, they are just another choice during bow. Enjoy life fellas, embrace change. In this instance its all good and fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Industry lobbyists +Gun hunters who want to hunt the bow season without a bow = crossbows.
When there is money to be made by catering to the lowest common denominator it's easy to see the road we are heading down.

Come on, really?  There are lobyists and industries for everything to make $$$$. Gun manufactorers, bow manufactorers all cater to the hunter to make $$$, why  not the crossbow industry? Why should they be left in the shadows of the others. Gotta be fooling yourself to think any of these industries are pushing thier agenda to make you a more successful hunter or a less lazier hunter,  their all out to take your almighty dollar.  

• Like 1

Yes, I do support full inclusion. Partially due to many of the narrow minded, selfish and elitist comments made on this thread, I just submitted my NYCC membership application and fee. Thank you for the push that I needed... B)

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 6

Lol, I could copy and paste anyone of the threads on this from 4 years ago till now. With little exception NO one would notice the time line....It reminds me of a cats toy...ball in a ring..cat slaps the ball and it rolls around the ring to it for another slapdefault_rolleyes.gif

The funny thing is I feel that 4 years ago there was more support for the Xbows on this forum, now it seems there is more push against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Yes, I do support full inclusion. Partially due to many of the narrow minded, selfish and elitist comments made on this thread, I just submitted my NYCC membership application and fee. Thank you for the push that I needed... B)

Hey....Congratulations. You just successfully parroted back all of the best emotional name-calling. Great job! Let's see, narrow-minded, selfish, and elitist. I would have thought that a little more imagination would have produced some new ones by now ........ lol.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2017 at 6:10 AM, Doc said:

I'm not changing or twisting any words. I am simply explaining why the subject of guns comes up every time you try to use bowhunting wounding losses as a justification for crossbows. Don't tell me that you have not heard gun hunters complain about deer running through the woods with arrows sticking out of them and how a better more efficient weapon in that season would eliminate some of that. That is their way of saying the same thing about guns that you are trying to say about crossbows. No, you don't want to come right out and say the word guns and you act all offended when someone points out the fact that you are saying the exact same thing that many gunners are saying. But all that huffing and puffing does not change the fact that when you begin this comparison of how the crossbow introduction into bow season will reduce wounding losses, the gun hunters are saying the exact same thing about their weapon of choice and for exactly the same reason. Now maybe that upsets you, but get over it. I will continue to point this out every time you say it. To me it really amounts to a not so thinly veiled attack on bowhunting just for the purpose of shoehorning in whatever weapon of choice is being argued about whether that be a crossbow or a gun.......no difference.

I don’t give a damn what “gun hunters” say. I’m talking about archery. Using your logic, you could replace guns with rocket launchers. Keep twisting things to try and make your point all you want. Anyone that has spent a couple of years on this site knows that’s how you roll. What I said is there for anyone to see. It’s also there for anyone to see that a few of you anti crossbow guys are the only ones suggesting the possibility of injecting guns into the archery season at some point. 

On 10/7/2017 at 11:45 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

The funny thing is I feel that 4 years ago there was more support for the Xbows on this forum, now it seems there is more push against them.

Or quite a few pro crossbow members don’t bother replying to the treads year after year. 

• Like 2

or maybe Bow hunters are getting wise to that fact that the infringement will not stop at crossbows. just like it didn't at there use there use or people with disabilities and just like it's didn't stop after the original two week infringement.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

or maybe Bow hunters are getting wise to that fact that the infringement will not stop at crossbows. just like it didn't at there use there use or people with disabilities and just like it's didn't stop after the original two week infringement.

I can’t say that I have noticed anyone that has been for full inclusion in previous years changing their stance on it. You anti guys sure do like to make your baseless assumptions. 

• Like 1

Its not really surprising that there is a push for full inclusion , its just the way we are as humans these days .Except for the slim few that have physical limitations ,everyone wants to bowhunt without putting in the work it takes to shoot a bow proficiently to be able to hunt with one . With a crossbow ,there is no need to practice  even 1 percent of what it takes of a vertical bow .  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I don’t give a damn what “gun hunters” say. I’m talking about archery. Using your logic, you could replace guns with rocket launchers. Keep twisting things to try and make your point all you want. Anyone that has spent a couple of years on this site knows that’s how you roll. What I said is there for anyone to see. It’s also there for anyone to see that a few of you anti crossbow guys are the only ones suggesting the possibility of injecting guns into the archery season at some point. 

I know you don't give a damn what gun hunters say (or anyone else). It doesn't advance your argument to allow the discussion to go anywhere beyond your nose and the carefully laid out scenarios and limitations that you think you have control over. But there are people out there that welcome your little fantasies about shoving more advanced weapons into bow season to help the "wounding loss" abuses of the evil vertical bow. Those gun hunters that you are desperately trying to exclude from the discussion have been saying exactly the same thing for years and truly welcome your words.

And by the way I never suggested that you were for guns in bowseason, but for some reason you have slapped on the blinders and choose to hide from any suggestion that others may not pay any attention to your little rules and limitations. I have a news flash for you.... You don't get to set the rules. In spite of what you say, the future is not limited to what bowhunters or crossbow hunters want. We really don't get to exclude gun hunters from the discussion like you would like to do.There really are gun hunters who want a piece of the bow season, and they are more than happy to use the very same arguments that you put forth for your beloved crossbows. So don't be getting all bent out of shape when I and others constantly remind you of a little bit of reality.

• Like 2

The main reason we will see full inclusion, in the next few years, is that vertical bows are not an efficient enough weapon to control deer numbers.  Much of the state is grossly overpopulated, after two consecutive non-winters.   The silence of the crossbow is the secret of it's efficiency, compared to firearms.  

17 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The main reason we will see full inclusion, in the next few years, is that vertical bows are not an efficient enough weapon to control deer numbers.  Much of the state is grossly overpopulated, after two consecutive non-winters.   The silence of the crossbow is the secret of it's efficiency, compared to firearms.  

Afraid you got your facts mixed up ,the verticle bow is more the capable of taking deer . Ever hear the term operator error? Back to my other comment ,it takes practice and commitment to use a bow successfully or just look through a scope and pull the trigger. People want the easy way out .

• Like 1

wait I thought crossbows were no different then compounds and recurves...? Now we are admitting they are easier or have greater efficiency. why stop at crossbows..? you want quite efficiency lets allow suppressed rifles during the archery season.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:55 PM, Core said:

The guy there said he has sold some to people who are using it for "target practice". I don't think he believed it, either. They really are fantastic to hold.

The scope hash marks are crazy close too. Nice scope as well. Even has txt on the bottom reminding you to keep fingers away from the string.

at over a grand i find that hard to believe. target practice with a crossbow isn't even that fun. now loud booms. no real skill...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I have no doubt they will get full inclusion at some point . I don't think I'll ever agree with the decision .

I think it will be a good night when I can sit there an think about how I want to hunt the next day, making the decision between my crossbow, compound or recurve.  Kind of like I do with my guns. Rifles, shotguns, ML or pistols.  Which ever one I pick won't have an impact on anyone other than me. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Its not really surprising that there is a push for full inclusion , its just the way we are as humans these days .Except for the slim few that have physical limitations ,everyone wants to bowhunt without putting in the work it takes to shoot a bow proficiently to be able to hunt with one . With a crossbow ,there is no need to practice  even 1 percent of what it takes of a vertical bow .  

Speaking only to my own situation, I don't want to spend another $1k+ on yet another hunting tool when the one I already have (an xbow) is perfectly capable of harvesting a deer.  Bow/xbow are both archery tools and the skills needed to successfully put yourself in position to make a kill shot (5-50 yards) are essentially the same.  The main difference I can think of would be the hunter forced to hold draw whereas the xbow hunter only holds a sight picture.  Is that worth keeping two separate seasons?  To me, no.

• Like 1

IMHO, if you are disabled and/or suffer from a significant shoulder injury, (i.e. torn rotator cuff, torn labrum), and have valid proof of said medical disability and/or over the age of 65, I don't have any issue with X-bow.

For those 65 and older, X-bow keeps them in the game.

However, in the event you don't meet the above criteria, X-Bow hunters should be grateful for the rules as presently drafted.

X-bow is without question easier than Bow & if you can shoot a rifle proficiently, X-bow is not a challenge.

To become proficient at bow demands time, practice, skill & patience.

One of the major reasons why any bow kill is something to be very proud of.

Anyone can pull a trigger.....

• Like 5