You know u have a coyote problem when..

Gencountyzeek

Heard the yotes goin crazy across the street around 830, i went out back with my glock and surefire flashlight. Made some fawn bleats, waited about 10min and came back in. Let the dogs out at 1030, and i look out back with the flashlight and i dont see the deer target... walk out there and its in pieces. Dont think it was a buck, legs bent forward and body pieces forward of the legs. A buck would hit head on. Well thats my csi take until daylight.

20171018_223819.jpg

20171018_223838.jpg

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 1

I've have my target out back too and also have big bucks that show up on trail cam here very fall.  I know I've had my target plowed over two years in a row by a buck and the heavy hoof prints in the grass right in front of the target confirmed that.

Also, there is a wood pecker that makes a cavity in my target each fall and the raccoons have pulled it apart a few times trying to get to the bird.

I'm betting it was a buck....Never saw coyotes do stuff like that...They wouldn't bother with it unless it was edible...  BEARS, on the other hand, seem to enjoy chewing up plastic or foam items just for the heck of it....They also like to eat trailcams..

Well i conducted my investigation. First, the attack happend from behind. No foam behind the legs, or between the legs. So im assuming if a buck hit it head on it would have left sime evidence behind the target or around it. All foam is ahead of the legs.

2nd, there are some small holes in the foam. I am not saying tine marks of teeth marks. They will have to be swabbed and sent out for DNA...

3rd, no evidence of deer tracks around the target. No tore up grass. The fight was quick and delicate...

So inconclusion...i am not prepared to have a final conclusion in the case of the smashed deer target. This will go down in the archives as a cold case...im sure there will be skeptics who come up with conspiracy theroys of local hoodlums smashing it or a crazed night time poacher...Good day everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

4th conspiracy. Definitely a squatch.  I'm guessing he had a little too much to drink and had his way with your target. Those were throws of passion sounds you heard and not coyote howls. 

Beat me to it haha, it's the only logical explanation.

A buddy of mine lost 2 in one year to bears...I  bought a couple of metal bear boxes for mine...They work...I have had a few FULL FACE pictures of bears with no damage to the cameras..
Can you give some insight about these bear boxes and where you got them?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

It's clearly a serial foam buck molester!  Knock on doors, to see if any other foam bucks in the area have been molested.  Perhaps a neighborhood foam buck watch group could be formed, to protect all the innocent foam bucks from molestation. These predators will stop at nothing to satisfy their sick passion for foam and plastic antlers!  

Glock and Surefire good combo !

Ive bow hunted 4 times this season for about 10 hours on stand ( afternoons I sit the last 90 minutes only ) anyways I've seen 4 coyotes , a single and last morning out ,3 in a group .

Im going to,spend some.time hunting them this year,. Nailed one with the 270 in deer season last year , but this year I'll hunt them after deer too .

• Like 2