Sad ending to an old buck

ANTLERS

I have a pic of a doe on my cell that got stuck on the same fence. I sure wish that they would allow hunting in Nassau County. But they won't, at least not until the population is way out of control. I read in an article how the City of Glen Cove recommends that if you see a deer, stay away because they can harm you. Lol. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I have a pic of a doe on my cell that got stuck on the same fence. I sure wish that they would allow hunting in Nassau County. But they won't, at least not until the population is way out of control. I read in an article how the City of Glen Cove recommends that if you see a deer, stay away because they can harm you. Lol. 

Well it’s close to getting out of control, my wife works in cove neck and it’s just a matter of time before she plows into one, I live in Huntington village and a doe ran down my block yesterday while I was racking leaves.

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

There was a cemetery in the Buffalo area that I believe was delivering the same date to many deer.....iirc they changed out all the spikes to stop killing all the deer who mis-timed their jump!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forest lawn ? That place is stupid loaded with deer. Just caught a news piece last night about trapping coyotes out of there. Supposedly “ every “ fawn was killed and eaten in there by yotes. Used to geocache in their. Saw deer every time. 

But to OP. That’s the same exact fence and spot with doe and buck ? In AK they have huge long fences with a open door for moose to cross road safely and a big moose crossing sign. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of the scrub mule deer buck I saw when I wad on my hunt out in Wyoming. The turd did us the favor of trying to hop a barbed wire fence and no doubt tore his sack in the process. The fool didn't quite jump high enough. Darwinism right before our very eyes. It was beautiful

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sucks, my deputy friend called me to pick up another one he had to shoot today. Apparently a hunter shot through both front legs just above he knee and never followed up to find the deer, the land owner was pissed and was happy that I would be using all the meat. Either was shot on the property over, or trespassing on his property. I’m not going to post photos yet because I told him it’s possible the person still may follow up with him tommorow and I’d be happy to give him the deer even though it has a roadkill tag now. It’s a nice non typical 3.5 year old.

• Like 1