Land Price Per Acre

BBDEric

Needing some input and I know the answer can vary but ..... Recently 37 acres came up for sale 1/2 mile down the rd from me. It sold for 1590 per acre and the buyer has backed out of the deal. So its back up for sale and I am thinking I shouldn't miss out on this land or I will regret it when I'm older. My dad is always telling me stories about not buying this or that when he was younger. My question is I am looking to scrape together enough cash to make an all cash offer. Would you just offer what it had been sold for $58550 or would you start lower 50,000 that way you have some room. Owner does not know I know what they accepted. I know because I talked with the buyer who backed out due to financial issues. Its 25 acres of hardwood and 12 acres of tillable ground. It was timbered about 12 years ago looks reasonable to say its will be ready in 10years again. Just wanting some advise( good deer and turkey hunting) it unique in that there is a 100 ft access rd that runs to the property that is 750 ft off the rd. So its in the center of everyone's property on the rd.

Screenshot_20171201-213136.jpg

Edited by BBDEric

Myself if I really wanted it , I'd come in under but close . After the other deal falling through he may  be antsy , but I'd have proof of the cash so,he knows it's not dependent on other factors .

If he counters then fine . Our land is in 8H and it's done nothing but go up , and frankly most land around  us is sold without ever being listed .

So the blue lines are the property ? It seems like the orange ones should be the lines , but they don't match up .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

5 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Confused, the property lines are the orange ones , which show the parcel not going up like the blue lines to Osborne rd  , but to the left and off the pic.

Yes it was resurveyed it was part of a large grape farm. They chunked off the back 37 acres. so I drew in the property line

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Myself if I really wanted it , I'd come in under but close . After the other deal falling through he may  be antsy , but I'd have proof of the cash so,he knows it's not dependent on other factors .

If he counters then fine . Our land is in 8H and it's done nothing but go up , and frankly most land around  us is sold without ever being listed .

So the blue lines are the property ? It seems like the orange ones should be the lines , but they don't match up .

it was recently resurveyed and chunked off a larger grape farm they wanted to split away the grapes. That why I didn't want it in the first place they were selling the whole farm. Then they ended up chunking off a piece.

Is that access rd part of the actual property or some sort of right of way owned by another?...not all ROW deals are equal and some could expire or cause a payment..IE..we have the camp neighbor a septic 1acre  piece  for a Certain price  to be paid to us when land changes hands.. we also share the road with them.  Any maintenance is share per written agreement . Now is an agency involved? That makes a. Big difference. If not, do you know the people at all?

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

Is that access rd part of the actual property or some sort of right of way owned by another?...not all ROW deals are equal and some could expire or cause a payment..IE..we have the camp neighbor a septic 1acre  piece  for a Certain price  to be paid to us when land changes hands.. we also share the road with them.  Any maintenance is share per written agreement . Now is an agency involved? That makes a. Big difference. If not, do you know the people at all?

Not ROW owner bought 2acres for 9k a few years ago to conect it

• Like 1

go for it. I think you can go a little lower than the previous offer. But a few  things for you two consider: What is the market value of the property, how many other potential similar parcels are there near you, and is it worth losing the land over a few thousand dollars. Give a solid cash offer at $1,500 per acre, all-cash, with a large deposit.

• Like 1