Netflix suggestions

stubborn1VT

Thanks all.  I stayed up late watching Peaky Blinders.  It's good, and the subtitles aren't distracting.

Longmire was a good one.  It was understated, beautiful scenery, and funny at times.

I will probably give Mindhunter a shot.

I would watch a new episode of Meateater ever single day if I could.  I enjoy listening to Steve talk about hunting.  

It took me almost 4 episodes to get into Stranger Things, but ended up digging it.  The 80's stuff is fun to see and I cared about the characters.  

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The brand new season? No spoilers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

53 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The brand new season? No spoilers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I won’t memtion that Birmingham is overrun with Sasquatch.    Not hokey at all like frontier.  

• Like 1

With my current job I have about an hour commute each way so I watch a lot of Netflix on the train if I'm not listening to podcasts.

Of the series, I highly recommend Stranger Things, Sense 8, Penny Dreadful (not a Netflix original but available on Netflix), and The Punisher.  Of the Defenders series, Daredevil was the best one.  The others sucked.  And Punisher is way better than Daredevil (though it's not part of the Defenders line).  I started watching Mindhunters.  It's starting out slow for me but I'm going to keep watching and hopefully it picks up because I've heard a lot of good things about this show but so far it's boring.

Of the documentary side, Making of a Murderer was good but The Keepers and The Seven Five were better.

Of the Netflix original movies, What Happened To Monday is pretty good.

Amazon Prime, I saw The Tick and Jean-Claude Van Johnson.  They had their moments but neither are must watch.

• Like 1

With my current job I have about an hour commute each way so I watch a lot of Netflix on the train if I'm not listening to podcasts.
Of the series, I highly recommend Stranger Things, Sense 8, Penny Dreadful (not a Netflix original but available on Netflix), and The Punisher.  Of the Defenders series, Daredevil was the best one.  The others sucked.  And Punisher is way better than Daredevil (though it's not part of the Defenders line).  I started watching Mindhunters.  It's starting out slow for me but I'm going to keep watching and hopefully it picks up because I've heard a lot of good things about this show but so far it's boring.
Of the documentary side, Making of a Murderer was good but The Keepers and The Seven Five were better.
Of the Netflix original movies, What Happened To Monday is pretty good.
Amazon Prime, I saw The Tick and Jean-Claude Van Johnson.  They had their moments but neither are must watch.

I'm flying a lot, the new download feature is awesome. I watched a few eps of Sense8 and had no idea what was happening lol

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm flying a lot, the new download feature is awesome. I watched a few eps of Sense8 and had no idea what was happening lol

In the beginning it's hard to figure out what's going on because the characters are also trying to figure out what's going.  Once they figure out what's going on then its a matter of who to trust, who is on who's side, and how they/re going to get out of certain situations.  To me, that's what made the show good.

• 2 weeks later...

I am through 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders.  It's good, but a downer.  

I watched Godless and enjoyed that quite a bit.

I agree that Frontier was a bit hokey, but still worth watching.

It's good to hear that The Punisher was worth watching.  I found the character a bit annoying when he appeared on Daredevil.

I somehow missed that Vikings came back on, and Comcast won't let me go back and watch the first 3 episodes of the new season.  TV is such a scam...

Looks like a warm up on the way anyhow, as in rain on Thursday, so I will be able to get out of this recliner and do some stuff!

If you're into that kind of stuff, Black Mirror is decent.  It's like Twilight Zone mixed with Isaac Asimov (meaning it all involves how too much technology has changed the fabric of human existence).  Each episode is it's own story.  Some episodes can be a bit boring but some episodes are really good and really does get you thinking.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I watched 2 seasons of "Schitt's Creek" with  Eugene Levy and Chris Elliott . Funny show .

Another good series is "The Red Road" 

"Crossing Lines" is an excellent series 

Last Blue Jays game I went to Eugene Levy threw out the first pitch, it was the highlight of my Summer lol