Official what didga get for Christmas

rob-c

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I got a new Cannon gun safe, some socks, and some candy amongst other things. Think I made out pretty damn well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

14fece114ecf8f0107a12d29b51e7238.jpg

I had know idea you were a midget/small person lol!

14 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

I got a Yetti beer can thingy that keeps your beer cold and an F&S gift card. We got about 3 inches of snow today, seems we are in a thin band of lake effect coming off of Lake Erie, so could see a lot more. Snowing hard now.

I also got the Yeti can holder, cheers! And thanks to a Turkeyfeathers suggestion the wife got me a boot dryer. Ive been meaning to get one my entire life and never remember when im in a store lol. Got some new decoy gloves too which are going to be VERY necessary this week

• Like 3

I also got the Yeti can holder, cheers! And thanks to a Turkeyfeathers suggestion the wife got me a boot dryer. Ive been meaning to get one my entire life and never remember when im in a store lol. Got some new decoy gloves too which are going to be VERY necessary this week
Boot dryers are a Godsend! Got one for myself a couple years back. One of my best purchases for hunting/outdoor life in general

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Good for you. Those boots dryers are the nuts. Mine never gets hot and the boots are never stiff like air drying.

Rain gear took a dump after ten seasons, so my wife ponied up the cash for Sitka rain gear. If I get 10 years out of it, I'll be one happy camper. Such well designed clothing.

Also got the Fanatic Hoody. Might be the best designed garment I've ever worn. Wore it yesterday and had to handle a few tasks outside and it's awesome. It's so good I could see myself buying another in the non-camo pattern to wear working outside. I don't get how one of the major players in the men's garment industry hasn't come in and swooped that company up. It's "skunk works" behind these designs would make a killing in the work industry.

Also got some gift cards and a really nice colored picture of a deer from my daughter.

• Like 2

Rain gear took a dump after ten seasons, so my wife ponied up the cash for Sitka rain gear. If I get 10 years out of it, I'll be one happy camper. Such well designed clothing.
Also got the Fanatic Hoody. Might be the best designed garment I've ever worn. Wore it yesterday and had to handle a few tasks outside and it's awesome. It's so good I could see myself buying another in the non-camo pattern to wear working outside. I don't get how one of the major players in the men's garment industry hasn't come in and swooped that company up. It's "skunk works" behind these designs would make a killing in the work industry.
Also got some gift cards and a really nice colored picture of a deer from my daughter.
They became Kuiu

This was one of the nicest gifts I got because my wife made it for me herself. It's an old book that has the pages folded so that it shows a 3d image of a buck and a doe. It also has a fabric camo cover. be2b5b6192289a45b3d14704d913d028.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 12

4 hours ago, phade said:

. I don't get how one of the major players in the men's garment industry hasn't come in and swooped that company up. It's "skunk works" behind these designs would make a killing in the work industry.

One of the original owners of Sitka sold to WL Gore some years ago and made a bundle....2010 or 11(?)

Went on to start another company specializing in light weight mountain hunting gear called KUIU (koo-you)

(Both are places in Alaska)

Biggest knock on KUIU was they moved all production to China, have a very "athletic" fit, and in my case un able to fill an order timely. Waited 7 months for some pants that I finally gave up on. Supposedly supply chain is better these days.

If looking for good deals on Sitka, follow Linton Outdoors as they buy up the prior years models and offer some good deals if you have something in mind; have a few pieces that are some of my favorites bought there over the years.

Edited by Dinsdale

One of the original owners of Sitka sold to WL Gore some years ago and made a bundle....2010 or 11(?)
Went on to start another company specializing in light weight mountain hunting gear called KUIU (koo-you)
(Both are places in Alaska)
Biggest knock on KUIU was they moved all production to China, have a very "athletic" fit, and in my case un able to fill an order timely. Waited 7 months for some pants that I finally gave up on. Supposedly supply chain is better these days.
If looking for good deals on Sitka, follow Linton Outdoors as they buy up the prior years models and offer some good deals if you have something in mind; have a few pieces that are some of my favorites bought there over the years.

Yeah, I knew they sold out to the Goretex group but it still boggles me that they haven’t leveraged the designs for work clothing relative to trades and other fields. Such an untapped market for them.

I’m a little fortunate in that I get 40-50% off Sitka depending on the time of year. Even then the stuff is too pricey to swallow. But it only hurts once I guess, right?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, zag said:

My 9 yr old son scored his very own ladder stand. Some of you may remember the pic of his sketchy makeshift stand he built in our backyard so he could sit out back and watch the deer after school. This will be much safer!

Good job dad, I do like his ingenuity though .. 

• Like 1

Was out today with the Mrs. for some day after sales. Got a Field and Stream gift card yesterday,  so picked up a couple more predator calls. Starting to build up a good collection now, as I like the mouth calls more than the E-callers. It just adds to the fun, if I call em in. Hoping to get after some song dogs this weekend.20171226_175400.thumb.jpg.6d4f9f35c12eb7ce0c0453e36ba0d798.jpg

• Like 4

I did pretty well with outdoor gifts this year. My Son got me a Yeti cooler and wife got me a Barronette blind, Cabelas blind chair and a Buddy heater. Never hunted from a blind but really wanted to try it. Now I can!

• Like 1

Just finished this for TFs daughter... first deer...a day late.
57D68FBE-55ED-4606-A7B6-5B58D7122CE2.thumb.jpeg.003b77ecf88c4ce105101805adc12d6e.jpeg
DDFE6C50-F7F3-4A45-9F9D-A33641D1F6B7.thumb.jpeg.def13fdc9a630b677c5bfa51af7b4e2c.jpeg

Well wasn’t expecting this. Thought about it today thinking we should get started on it . I’ll be darned. Huge shout out Dino. Thank you so much. She loves it. Owe you huge my friend. What a great Christmas present. af30063f402924faca3f57ba9ba4e983.jpgebe62a37975b4ac5f27ae8e740d54e64.jpg

• Like 8