Jump to content

Buffalo Bills


The_Real_TCIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

You gave specific scores, looks like 0-3 so far. Just saying.
LOL

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk



Not that far off. Had Bills game low scoring it was. Had Falcons upset, it was. Had chiefs and titans both over 20, it was. Had saints scoring 30, they will.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, stubby68 said:

Bills fan favorite line. There is always next year.

Yup, and it holds true for this year. Happy with the season though, glad they ended the drought. Now that doesn't have to be the main goal next year.

This game and the entire season proved that Tyrod just ain't the guy. Now that has to finally be clear even to the most ardent Tyrod supporters.

I do think that things are different though, and that bodes well for "next year". McDermott fixed most of the defense, although pass rush and run defense needs to be improved. Now the offense gets a rebuild.

I just made a fresh batch of Bills Kool-Aid...:drinks:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yup, and it holds true for this year. Happy with the season though, glad they ended the drought. Now that doesn't have to be the main goal next year.

This game and the entire season proved that Tyrod just ain't the guy. Now that has to finally be clear even to the most ardent Tyrod supporters.

I do think that things are different though, and that bodes well for "next year". McDermott fixed most of the defense, although pass rush and run defense needs to be improved. Now the offense gets a rebuild.

I just made a fresh batch of Bills Kool-Aid...:drinks:

It was a drop in the bucket. That doesn't count as an end of a drought.

     Tyrod was not the problem Bortles played like a grade school kid. He was forced to run because he couldn't pass. Every pass was in the ground or over thrown. The team was able to win even with a joke for a QB. Even after a bad pass he acted like a little saying but mommy it was suppose to be good.

 Mind you I'm not a bills fan nor a fan of any player on the team for that fact. Jags QB was a joke yet they won. Bills QB better but not by much yet they lost. It is a team sport and the team lost the game. Doesn't not matter who the bills have for a QB the team can never pull of the important wins never have been able to. The team has to be able to adjust for the QB but the bills staff no matter who it has been always try to make the QB adjust his style to the team. 

     The Bills are like the minor leagues  it is where players stop off for a while before going to a good team where their talents will actually be used. Doesn't matter who they have for players they never amount to anything until they go to another team. Heck the best QB they ever had was flutie and they dumped him because he was the wrong style of QB for them.

     You are right though there is always next year and the next and the next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stubby68 said:

It was a drop in the bucket. That doesn't count as an end of a drought.

Umm, the drought was the period of time without a playoff appearance. I beg to differ - that particular drought is over.

     Tyrod was not the problem  Tyrod was one of the problems. He was 17-34 with 134 yds and a pick. That's a bad game for a QB in anyone's book.  Bortles played like a grade school kid. He was forced to run because he couldn't pass. Every pass was in the ground or over thrown. The team was able to win even with a joke for a QB. Even after a bad pass he acted like a little saying but mommy it was suppose to be good.

 Mind you I'm not a bills fan nor a fan of any player on the team for that fact. Jags QB was a joke yet they won. Bills QB better but not by much yet they lost. It is a team sport and the team lost the game. Doesn't not matter who the bills have for a QB the team can never pull of the important wins never have been able to. The team has to be able to adjust for the QB but the bills staff no matter who it has been always try to make the QB adjust his style to the team. 

     The Bills are like the minor leagues  it is where players stop off for a while before going to a good team where their talents will actually be used. Doesn't matter who they have for players they never amount to anything until they go to another team. Heck the best QB they ever had was flutieKelly - fixed it for ya.  and they dumped him because he was the wrong style of QB for them.

     You are right though there is always next year and the next and the next. Glad for that!

 

Edited by Steuben Jerry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i've been a tyrod supporter all along and I don't blame him for the loss. But it is clear that like Alex Smith, this is his peak. We wont go any further with him. It seems odd to let the 1st QB to get us to the playoffs in 17 seasons go, but that was a tough game.

give jax its due, they have the best D in the league and this game was going to break on one or 2 plays and unfortunately it didn't break our way. I still am happy with the results of what was supposed to be a tanking season. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bills need an Offensive Coordinator . There has been some real dumb play calling in most of their games . First and goal on the one yard line .... pass , pass , pass ... ? Should have given the ball to McCoy one , two , three times to score . Pathetic play calling most of the season ! 

I really didn't expect the Bills to go far in the Playoffs but 3 points ! I was hoping Kyle Williams could retire on a higher note ( assuming he might retire ) . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

The Bills need an Offensive Coordinator . There has been some real dumb play calling in most of their games . First and goal on the one yard line .... pass , pass , pass ... ? Should have given the ball to McCoy one , two , three times to score . Pathetic play calling most of the season ! 

I really didn't expect the Bills to go far in the Playoffs but 3 points ! I was hoping Kyle Williams could retire on a higher note ( assuming he might retire ) . 

i didn't hate the pass call as I know they were taking advantage of an obvious run down, but I agree the first shot should have gone to tolbert or even williams lol. The only real weakness on the jags are with fat darius in the middle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tyrod missed so many throws it was ridiculous and thats all season long. Its too bad because hes a very likeable guy and a great athlete. I hope we move up as high as we need to and draft Allen. I think Rosen goes #1 to the Browns (RIP) and then the Giants and Broncos will be picking QBs as well if they dont grab Smith or Cousins. Someone will trade into 2 for Barkely and he will be a colossal bust as is Penn St RB tradition. I wouldnt touch Darnold after watching him stink up his bowl game and look like a little beyotch on the sidelines. Mayfield is intriguing. I dont see him as Manziel 2.0 he works damned hard

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lot of doubt in this coaching staff. When that dummy punted in the OT of the Colts game I lost all confidence in him. The series of events that got us back in position to win that game vs gaining a single yard was a damned miracle. On the radio the next day he admitted a tie was on his mind, and a tie meant no playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

 

Kelly? Now that is a joke. Old statue Kelly if he had to take more then two steps he was done. He was washed up when Buffalo got him. That joke was one of the worst they ever had.Frank Reich proved that when Kelly put them in a huge hole and then went out injured. Reich not only pulled them out of the hole but had  one of the greatests cone back ever. Then your great go Kelly comes back and what happens? Nothing that's what. When asked what he thought of how Reich had played Kelly said let's face it Frank is just a back up I am the starter. 

    Reich got the boot and never could make it as a starter with another team. I will give u that. However if the bills had made him there starter they might have had some good years. He proved he could start for that team and be a winner. But yes low life looser dirt bag crybaby Kelly was the best. You keep thinking that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stubby68 said:

Kelly? Now that is a joke. Old statue Kelly if he had to take more then two steps he was done. He was washed up when Buffalo got him. That joke was one of the worst they ever had.Frank Reich proved that when Kelly put them in a huge hole and then went out injured. Reich not only pulled them out of the hole but had  one of the greatests cone back ever. Then your great go Kelly comes back and what happens? Nothing that's what. When asked what he thought of how Reich had played Kelly said let's face it Frank is just a back up I am the starter. 

    Reich got the boot and never could make it as a starter with another team. I will give u that. However if the bills had made him there starter they might have had some good years. He proved he could start for that team and be a winner. But yes low life looser dirt bag crybaby Kelly was the best. You keep thinking that.

Yeah, OK.

ESPN ranks Kelly in their top 20 NFL QB's of all time. In 11 seasons, he went to 5 Pro Bowls, 4 Super Bowls, and in his 5th NFL year posted over 3,800 yds passing, 33 TDs to 9 picks, and only missed 3000 yds in a season 3 times (he was injured part of those seasons).

I'll take a washed up QB like that any day of the week.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

The Bills need an Offensive Coordinator . There has been some real dumb play calling in most of their games . First and goal on the one yard line .... pass , pass , pass ... ? Should have given the ball to McCoy one , two , three times to score . Pathetic play calling most of the season ! 

I really didn't expect the Bills to go far in the Playoffs but 3 points ! I was hoping Kyle Williams could retire on a higher note ( assuming he might retire ) . 

I heard Tyrod checked off the call run and changed it to a passing play.   He went in with 2 passing plays and 1 running play assigned 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I heard Tyrod checked off the call run and changed it to a passing play.   He went in with 2 passing plays and 1 running play assigned 

He did play was a design to run he checked out to get the 1 on 1 and didn't make the throw...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, sodfather said:

He did play was a design to run he checked out to get the 1 on 1 and didn't make the throw...

in fairness to tyrod, although a dumb audible... making the throw wouldn't have mattered as bengamin pushed off. the whole fiasco is really his fault. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stubby68 said:

Kelly? Now that is a joke. Old statue Kelly if he had to take more then two steps he was done. He was washed up when Buffalo got him.

Best quarterback the Bills EVER had and probably ever will have:

Doug Flutie

 

 

doug.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a Chiefs and football fan in general, Jim Kelly is the best Bills QB all time and I don’t think anyone if close.

The chiefs lost a lot of playoff games in the last 30 years and many to great QB’s: Kelly, Mario, Elway, Peyton, Brady, Big Ben, etc. some of them twice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...