New Rechargeable Drill Recommendations

moog5050

9 hours ago, moog5050 said:

So my old drill finally kicked the bucket.  I wanted a drill that was of good quality, 2 batteries and good battery life.  Ordered the DeWalt 791D2 based on good reviews on Amazon (several hundred) but since ordering have a seen a few reviews where the chuck is releasing the bit due to the brake.  Anyone have this particular drill or have a recommendation for one?  I can return the DeWalt if I missed something better.  18-20v mainly to be used for non-commercial DIY stuff but I prefer to buy reasonably good quality within reason.

Wow..........a traditional bow shooter like you Mr B oughta' be running and old fashion hand drill. :)

• Like 1

I killed a dewalt impact doing 3 decks. I went to makita and have been very happy. If i were to buy again Milwaukee would be my choice, if i wanted to save some money rigid would be the one. My uncle flips a few houses a year, complete gut and redo's. He uses rigid after being fed up with dewalt.

• Like 1

BTW, just to add more confusion here's yet another name... Bosch. Little heavy and not super ergonomic. Not one I'd be toting on the roof or up a ladder. Can drive screws into most anything. Mine is ~15yo and not a single complaint for homeowner's use. Torque adj, 2X speed, reversible, keyless chuck, 2nd battery, charger, case.

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I feel like everything Black & Decker these days is orange and black. Did they decide at some point to change colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the highest quality heaviest duty stuff is included in the pink line of products.

• Like 1

I do construction for a living and use Dewalt,, I am hard on my tools and go through a drill and saw sall about once a year,, I have been the Ryobi route and ok for a homeowner or to use around the house,, my brother in law uses Makita and are nice tools, but I personally don’t like the feel and the Dewalt are more powerful IMO and we work together daily..

Ypu can also go to places like Battery World and buy batteries at half the cost but dont have the name on them..

Dewalt is my vote ..

• Like 1

So the Dewalt arrived.  Gotta say it seems to pretty much kick butt.  Some serious power and like that it’s brushless.  I know there is no lifetime service agreement but I doubt I will return it.  Picked up the impact driver for $50 shipped to.  If it lasts as long as my cheap hitachi, it will be worth it. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3