17 killed in shooting at high school in Parkland, Florida, authorities say

This man's words are the solution to this issue.  It can be done if the country stops being stupid.

"Conservative commentator Lawrence Meyers, writing for Townhall, noted that after a rash of school shootings in the 1970s, Israel implemented security features and active shooter protocols at schools, which ended the problem.

“Guards don’t just stand around,” he wrote. “They check everyone entering, and engage threats.”

“And yeah, they’ve got guns.The lawful purposes for carrying guns are very clear: protect school personnel and students, create a sense of security, deter the ill-intentioned, and provide self-defense,” Meyers added."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

This man's words are the solution to this issue.  It can be done if the country stops being stupid.

"Conservative commentator Lawrence Meyers, writing for Townhall, noted that after a rash of school shootings in the 1970s, Israel implemented security features and active shooter protocols at schools, which ended the problem.

“Guards don’t just stand around,” he wrote. “They check everyone entering, and engage threats.”

“And yeah, they’ve got guns.The lawful purposes for carrying guns are very clear: protect school personnel and students, create a sense of security, deter the ill-intentioned, and provide self-defense,” Meyers added."

schools are selected as targets becasue of the innocent, unprotected kids. Easy for the shooter with no resistance. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

Just look up experiments with kids and guns there are many with videos..one has gun in toy box .1st group of kids enter and open box pull out gun and shoot each other with it..(not loaded of course) 2nd group enters same set up kids find real gun in toy box and immediately tell adult in room with out touching it..  amazing what education can do

When my daughter was very young. 4 or 5 I think. I had been up to hunting camp and had a pack of playing cards in my bag when I unpacked. I tossed them on the shelf in my closet. On that same shelf was a rear stock portion and hammers from an old percussion muzzle loader shotgun. No barrels. just stock, trigger and hammer section I was going to put fake barrels on it and hang it above the fireplace.  Fast forward a few weeks and she wanted to play cards. Well anyone that has had young kids know that trying to find a deck of cards in your house without any missing is like looking for hen's teeth. So I sent her up to my closet to get the deck I put on the shelf. about 5 minutes goes by and she isn't back. I walk up and into the room and there she is standing in front of the closet staring at the shelf. I asked he what was wrong, couldn't she find the cards. She said "They are right there Daddy but they are on the gun and I can't touch that".  Proud daddy moment right there. I knew she was listening and it was sinking in. I guess my point to this long winded story is I agree, Education is the key.  I know the Left's collective heads would implode at the thought but I really think there should be firearms training in school. Hell we teach them about sex education and how to handle that and protect themselves. Why not firearms training and training on how to act during situations like an active shooter. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 6

I would not have a problem with an armed guard or two in every school depending on the size of the school.  Schools systems waste enough money on nonsense.  If they'd cut back on the nonsense expenditure, they'd have more than enough to pay for guards.  However, what about small private schools that couldn't afford guards?  I'm sure these killers would then target those schools if they couldn't carry out what they wanted to in schools with guards. 

I am totally against arming teachers.  I would have to think LONG and HARD from my years going to kindergarten thru four years of college for a teacher who I thought would have been able to handle themselves in an armed conflict.  Most teachers I remember would not have been able to shoot their way out of a paper bag if someone tied them into one.  Maybe a couple of gym teachers along the way, but even most of them were legends in their own minds as far as how tough they were.  Teachers as a whole simply don't have what it takes from my experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belo said:

and yet they haven't. This white kid killed more people in one day then ISIS did all last year in the states. 

That's probably why I said 'if', as in, 'at some future date'.  ISIS connected Jihadists attacked an Ariana Grande concert in the UK last year, killing 23 people, many of them young kids. 

If you have a theory as to why ISIS would have no desire to launch an attack on the home-land, we are all ears.

Oh, and the shooter is a meso-American Beaner, not white btw. 

Accused-Florida-school-shooter-to-face-charges-of-murder-in-court_f.jpg

Edited by Papist

3 minutes ago, Papist said:

It turns out the shooter was on the FBI's radar. 3 years ago he said he was gonna become a 'professional school shooter'. Can we start to talk about disbanding the FBI and creating something new?  Whats the use of an agency that looks but doesn't touch?

Every...single...time...

So based on what he said should they be allowed to confiscate his guns?

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

The issue today is not guns it's the destruction of neighborhoods and family units.. when inwas a kid I would be ratted out by a neighbor calling my parents before I got home.. grandparents and f amilys lived in same neighborhoods.. one parent incomes were enough to live on. Parenting was done by community unknowingly it was just done..the old man on the corner scolding you for throwing rocks. 

Now video games and day care are the 1st step in raising kids.. many experiments of kids with real.guns have been done

.those that know real guns from home don't mess with or touch them kids that don't are pulling the trigger and pointing at people..

Perhaps it's time we make gun education mandatory in schools same as sex education. 

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/03/01/experiment-tests-kids-raised-around-guns-and-those-shielded-from-them-one-side-of-gun-debate-will-likely-be-shocked-by-results

Don't forget the deliberate government policy of post WW2 Block Busting, deliberately designed to destroy cohesive ethnic neighborhoods. Now people have no clue who lives over in the next block.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So based on what he said should they be allowed to confiscate his guns?

Yes, absolutely. He told us what he was going to do, and then did it. Kid also had a history of violence and animal abuse. A perfect candidate for psyche-eval followed by fire-arm confiscation in my opinion. If this were official policy there would be no left wing talk of gun confiscation. Crazies should not have guns. You disagree?

Edited by Papist

7 minutes ago, Papist said:

Yes, absolutely. He told us what he was going to do, and then did it. Kid also had a history of violence and animal abuse. A perfect candidate for psyche-eval followed by fire-arm confiscation in my opinion. If this were official policy there would be no left wing talk of gun confiscation. Crazies should not have guns. You disagree?

I dont disagree but unfortunately I think the NRA might

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Anyone taking SSRIs should be disarmed immediately, if only on a temporary basis until such time as they have been evaluated and weened off the drugs later on.

They are proven to induce psychosis 

http://www.anh-usa.org/take-this-antidepressant-and-you-too-may-have-a-violent-psychotic-break/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Papist said:

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This should become an interesting discussion.  Heck, the NRA had a hard time admitting that background checks are of ANY value at all.   How would anyone know that someone is crazy without some sort of background check when purchasing a gun?  Who would make the determination that someone is indeed "crazy"?  How about private sales where background checks are not required in most states?  Tough questions and I don't see anyone on the either side of the gun debate coming up with any real good answers. 

7 hours ago, steve863 said:

It's a messed up society, no question about that, and it probably won't get any better.  I think there are MANY people out there who'd rather be shot to death than put down their stinking, bloody smartphones.  Freaking unbelievable.  I won't be excluding many hunters from this disease either.  It's not enough to kill a deer anymore, they have to FILM themselves killing it.  Boggles my mind, that's for damned sure!

I film my hunts to remember the moment, learn from my shots, not just to record the kill.  You don't watch hunting shows? I must be a serial killer in the making then...

28 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

I film my hunts to remember the moment, learn from my shots, not just to record the kill.  You don't watch hunting shows? I must be a serial killer in the making then...

I haven't watched one is probably 10 years. Filled with too much BS and always edited to portray the "hunter" in the best light. I get it. It's their business. i just don't buy it. 

I feel bad for parents in these times.  They have to worry about their children coming home from school.  It sure shouldn't be that way.  I am sure a lot of people would like to home school these days but probably can't due to also having to make a living with 2 paychecks.  

And in all honesty I can see the point of many people.  Let me put in here that I def don't agree with it.  But I can see a parent that doesn't hunt or possess a firearm and one that never will, wanting it to be more difficult to get a firearm. Again I don't agree with it but I am able to see where they are coming from. There are a lot of people that have nothing to do with firearms and never will, they aren't going to care about someone who does or hunts.  All they see is a 19 old that can buy a gun that looks like something Rambo would have.

It's sure a horrible thing to see these shootings continue and if the way to solve it was to turn in your guns I would be in that line.  But we all know that isn't the answer. Just wish we knew what the answer might be.  I'm not sure at this point this is a solvable problem right now.  

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

This should become an interesting discussion.  Heck, the NRA had a hard time admitting that background checks are of ANY value at all.   How would anyone know that someone is crazy without some sort of background check when purchasing a gun?  Who would make the determination that someone is indeed "crazy"?  How about private sales where background checks are not required in most states?  Tough questions and I don't see anyone on the either side of the gun debate coming up with any real good answers. 

The NRA was instrumental in having the NICS set up in the first place. At least be fair and balanced.

Background checks are of no value when important information such as previous demonstrations of mental instability is intentionally omitted. Things like that can't even be reported to the NICS database, by law. That's not the fault of the NRA.

• Like 1

All these posts, and not one moment to say a Prayer or a thought given to those killed, or the families affected by this! Never seen a more heartless group of people then some on this site! 

My thoughts and prayers go out the all the victims caught up in this travesty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

All these posts, and not one moment to say a Prayer or a thought given to those killed, or the families affected by this! Never seen a more heartless group of people then some on this site! 

My thoughts and prayers go out the all the victims caught up in this travesty. 

There is nothing as empty as saying “prayers sent” on a Internet forum, it does nothing,  means nothing as changes nothing. 

• Like 5

^^^ Yeah, definitely a point no one wants to address. Currently, even if the people who opened their home to this kid or social media followers saw some disturbing activity - nothing legally could have done about it! Suppose law enforcement went in and confiscated his guns per behavioral tips given, there'd be an unlawful seizure lawsuit filed. Something wrong with today's society, in general. There seems to be absolutely no regard for another person's life.

Agree with Robhuntandfish 1000%! This line in the sand both sides of the gun issue have drawn needs to be looked at with open minds. JMO, the ATF needs to propose gun control legislation that would supersede all state's laws. Has to be some common ground or compromise between how (as an example only) Texas vs Calif state gun laws differ. BTW - I own long & hand guns, but I just can't continue to keep the blinders on about what's going on in the US currently. Unfortunate situation is there are no US legislators that think clearly about this issue without some prejudice or hidden agenda, on either side of the issue.

9 hours ago, First-light said:

America, your America my America keeps on sweeping this under the carpet. At some point the hard liner 2nd amendment people have to give in. There is no need for an AR 15 in the public hands.   

If it wasn't an AR, it would be a pistol, shotgun, box truck, car, etc. 

The common denominator here is that every one of these school shooters is nuts. And absolutely nothing is being done about that. 

And under the 2A, I don't feel that we should have to show why we "need" to have a certain type of gun.

Where does that stop? You don't need multiple guns, don't need a couple of hundred rounds of ammo, don't need a semi auto shotgun?

So if we give all that up, will that stop school shootings?

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

If it wasn't an AR, it would be a pistol, shotgun, box truck, car, etc. 

The common denominator here is that every one of these school shooters is nuts. And absolutely nothing is being done about that. 

And under the 2A, I don't feel that we should have to show why we "need" to have a certain type of gun.

Where does that stop? You don't need multiple guns, don't need a couple of hundred rounds of ammo, don't need a semi auto shotgun?

So if we give all that up, will that stop school shootings?

It won't stop them. Like you said it will be done with something else but....with less of an impact. We all know what an AR 15 can do in such a short period of time.  No need for it at all. You want to shoot one go rent it at the range.