The battle,over gun rights

What force is going to actually come and take your guns? I'm always surprised by the "natural" progression from gun legislation to no guns in one easy step.
You are right on that one. Largest most well armed military force in the world are the law abiding gun owning citizens in the United States. I damn sure wouldn't want to have to go door to door asking them to give me their guns. Ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As i said earlier the NRA is just going to get run over on this one.  They have no push against this its just too hot.  They just lost the president as well.  Membership for them is not going up its been at the same baseline for a while for totals.  5-6 million is but a speedbump for this freight train right now.  We can only hope its tempered.  There will be more laws passed Federal and by each state and i am just hoping along the line some school security money and plans are built in to actually help solve the real problem of having a soft target.  

At the same point , no one is coming for your guns anytime soon.  Not in our lifetimes.  Things will change, somewhere down the line we will prob see more registering and background checks, more restrictions on Rambo looking guns whether we like it or not.  And because we are good people we will abide by these new laws and still be able to hunt. 

On 2/28/2018 at 7:49 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

So Dicks nationwide will no longer sell assault “ style guns “,  normal  ( what they call HiGH capacity ) mags,or any gun to somebody under 22 y/o .

Thank you Single Shot, there is a way to notify them so they stop asking all the time .

Dues money by law can’t be used for political purposes, hence the begging for it .

Makes me laugh because Field and Stream (Dicks sister store) will continue to sell them. They did the same thing when Sandy hook happened but they magically made it back into the store a couple years later. It's a publicity stunt to try and pull more people into their scam deals.

4 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Makes me laugh because Field and Stream (Dicks sister store) will continue to sell them. They did the same thing when Sandy hook happened but they magically made it back into the store a couple years later. It's a publicity stunt to try and pull more people into their scam deals.

Read the memo. They are pulling them in all 32 Field and Stream stores. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Read the memo. They are pulling them in all 32 Field and Stream store. 

Good for them, I never bought anything from them anyway because they were usually the highest prices around, and all my local gun shops had no problem beating their prices.

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Membership for them is not going up its been at the same baseline for a while for totals. 

Gun owning Non NRA Members need to step up and join the fight by becoming a member. Current members can increase membership by signing up non members, I just purchased memberships for my Wife and Grandson. Every little bit helps and adds up.

Al

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, airedale said:

Gun owning Non NRA Members need to step up and join the fight by becoming a member. Current members can increase membership by signing up non members, I just purchased memberships for my Wife and Grandson. Every little bit helps and adds up.

Al

Just re-joined, as I had let my previous membership lapse. Something Ive been meaning to do, just hadnt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Al

Thank you Al ! It’s often a numbers game . Where we gain our strength is there is something like 50k  NRA members in each Senate district,  we tend be single issue voters and they know that .

Will that be  enough now ? IDK, but if we each signed one person up that may well be a game changer . Also there are companies offering to,pay part of a membership ,just google it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I should have a Garage Sale and sell all of my NRA bags that come free with a 5 year subscription ..... :taunt:

...and hats, belt buckles, knives, I think I have an NRA camp stool somewhere...

I usually use the phone to re-up my membership and specifically ask them not send me the promo stuff. I'd rather they use all of my dues for things that matter to me. JMO

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Warms my heart. Delta cut NRA discounts , now losses millions in tax breaks because of it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/georgia-senate-approves-tax-bill-snubbing-delta-nra-53446838

The hilarious part is that Delta is set to lose millions in tax breaks and yet just 13 NRA members ever used their discount with Delta. How I lol'ed

That was some expensive virtue signaling over a non issue 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Talking with coworkers and friends, it baffles me how many hunters and gun owners are ok with age restrictions for guns going up to 21 years old.

We've got so many of these threads going that I can't remember which one I put it in. But the FBI Crime stats show that the Demographic of below 20 isn't the group with the highest number of homicides. Gotta believe that would hold close for firearm homicides. 

I would LOVE to see a politician stand up and propose disarming minorities just to see the Left's collective heads explode. They love stats and such to justify that anything is justified to "just save one life".  I love reading through he FBI crime stats. The white firearms homicide rate is 1.55 / 100,000 of white population. The minority homicide rate is 6.5 / 100,000 of minority population.  And before I see the "the populations are so different in numbers" look at this. White population is 197.8 Million. Minority population is 125.3 million. After all, anything is justified "if you can just save one life"....right?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I would LOVE to see a politician stand up and propose disarming minorities just to see the Left's collective heads explode. They love stats and such to justify that anything is justified to "just save one life".  I love reading through he FBI crime stats. The white firearms homicide rate is 1.55 / 100,000 of white population. The minority homicide rate is 6.5 / 100,000 of minority population.  And before I see the "the populations are so different in numbers" look at this. White population is 197.8 Million. Minority population is 125.3 million. After all, anything is justified "if you can just save one life"....right?

Statistics can sometimes be manipulated, but there is no refuting the ones you posted.  I have always said that if it wasn't for blacks occupying American prisons, they'd probably be able to close at least half of all the prisons in the U.S.  Of course no one will ever bring this up.  Blacks want to make it look like they are being locked up for no good reason which is BS.  No one gets locked up for nothing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Statistics can sometimes be manipulated, but there is no refuting the ones you posted.  I have always said that if it wasn't for blacks occupying American prisons, they'd probably be able to close at least half of all the prisons in the U.S.  Of course no one will ever bring this up.  Blacks want to make it look like they are being locked up for no good reason which is BS.  No one gets locked up for nothing.

I know it was a far fetched and off the wall post but I was just trying to illustrate how insincere  and propaganda driven the Left is on this issue. 

• Like 1