For Those that are Boycotting

fasteddie

IT is tempting to do the trade in deal. I have a half dozen non working cams that would be great to trade in. But i have a hard time spending money at a business that can be so narrow minded. A simple and stupid decision on their part cost them millions.. and the funny thing is the article i read posted by the CEO shortly after their "decision", stated how hard they have been hit financially after deciding they way they did.. and their half ash apology...

I think its hilarious and they deserve every bit of it. 

I hate to bring politics into any situation most of the time, but for the way society is becoming these days.. I absolutely have to sometimes!! 

Its a scary world my children have to grow up in now.. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No, it doesnt make sense. Do you not believe that its happening though?

No , I don't disbelieve it . It just made no sense to me .

I read that article , that I hadn't been aware of and apparently DICKs still plans to sell guns and ammo but want to see some changes in the gun laws . No idea what changes they want to see .

11 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I read that article , that I hadn't been aware of and apparently DICKs still plans to sell guns and ammo but want to see some changes in the gun laws . No idea what changes they want to see .

They want so called "assault weapons" and "high capacity" (whatever the arbitrary number they pick is I guess) magazines banned, and the minimum age to purchase a gun/ammo raised to 21. Thats what they have said publicly at least.

17 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

And they have hired a lobbyist firm to push their agenda in Washington. So keep pumping cash into the anti Second amendment machine. 

• Like 2

I absolutely respect your opinion, but it's not just their political views. They are using the profits they make to hire lobbyists to fight the second amendment and advance gun control.
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/03/dicks-sporting-goods-hires-lobbyist/
It's difficult for me to give them my money to fight me.

I didn’t hear about that before, so I’ll definitely have to look into it. All I heard before was that they increased the minimum buying age to 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I didn’t hear about that before, so I’ll definitely have to look into it. All I heard before was that they increased the minimum buying age to 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion it is their choice to sell what they choose. So if they do not want to sell modern sporting rifles and don't want to sell higher capacity mags that is their choice. I do take some exception to them setting an age to purchase higher than the law requires but I could be convinced to accept that pretty easily. The lobbying is the straw that brakes the camels back for me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

A simple and stupid decision on their part cost them millions..

I was really hoping that would be true but they're doing well (bastards). I'll include the link but for those that want the abridged version and skip the read;

They made their anti AR decision in February, by the end of May;

• Online sales up 24%
  • Same store sales down only 2.5%
  • Stock price surged 27% (although they were higher last year)

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/news/companies/dicks-sporting-goods-earnings/index.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

In my opinion it is their choice to sell what they choose. So if they do not want to sell modern sporting rifles and don't want to sell higher capacity mags that is their choice. I do take some exception to them setting an age to purchase higher than the law requires but I could be convinced to accept that pretty easily. The lobbying is the straw that brakes the camels back for me. 

Exactly. If they had just not sold "assault rifles" any longer, and kept their mouths shut and not hired a lobbyist, Id still be buying my ammo, treestands, clothes, sneakers, boots, hunting supplies, fishing tackle, boat stuff, kids hockey equipment, golf balls, etc there. Now I go to Runnings or buy online.

• Like 3

I had read that they were doing well also. But then it makes me wonder why I get a different "flash sale" or other promotion basically everyday now in my junk email account which hadn't really been the case in the past. I guess that goes hand in hand with the increased internet sales posted earlier. We'll see with their next quarterly posting.  

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I was really hoping that would be true but they're doing well (bastards). I'll include the link but for those that want the abridged version and skip the read;

• Online sales up 24%

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/news/companies/dicks-sporting-goods-earnings/index.html

Wait till hunting season rolls around, I bet then you will see a drop. Right now you have all the soccer moms, golfers etc buying. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

• Online sales up 24%

I will have to read this.. What I read a few months back was an article about the situation and supposedly a breif statement the ceo stated only a few weeks after their decision. 

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Wait till hunting season rolls around, I bet then you will see a drop. Right now you have all the soccer moms, golfers etc buying. 

right, I would imagine their sales have gone up due to the changing seasons plus gaining the people who didnt shop there before, are now beginning to because of their political status. The exact opposite like some of us here. 

• Like 2

I have been to the store once since there announcement to buy an item for a gift for my daughter that I could not find the color she wanted anywhere else. I did get a $10 voucher for there so I will go spend that, to not to would let them keep money!!

Too bad I used to love their deals but will stand my ground against their politics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I don't see any "surge" that is out of the ordinary for the yearly cycle.  I do see stock prices down from previous years and they may have grabbed this topic like a lifeline to get free press and stir up the anti's business. 

I like your analysis a whole lot better than the CNN article I posted! What does a certain someone refer to CNN as?

• Like 1

I went ti DICks this am and bought another Trail Cam . I talked to a guy back in the gun Dept . He said they only had a couple of the Ar type rifles in the store and took them off the shelves and they were not big sellers or much of a seller anyway . The store has around 100 or so rifles & Shotguns . F&S in Henrietta has over 500 in stock . Yupper , I guess they are anti 2nd Amendment . 

Beikircks is out of Business and a lot of the little stores are going to have a hard time getting some guns as Prince Andy has screwed them with his laws . 

16 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I went ti DICks this am and bought another Trail Cam . I talked to a guy back in the gun Dept . He said they only had a couple of the Ar type rifles in the store and took them off the shelves and they were not big sellers or much of a seller anyway . The store has around 100 or so rifles & Shotguns . F&S in Henrietta has over 500 in stock . Yupper , I guess they are anti 2nd Amendment . 

Beikircks is out of Business and a lot of the little stores are going to have a hard time getting some guns as Prince Andy has screwed them with his laws . 

I don't mind the AR discontinuation at all. A lot of gun seller don't mess with an AR platform. My only beef is the part about using my money to pay lobbyists that actively work to restrict my rights to a hobby that I enjoy.

When the heck did Beikircks close??? That's a surprise to me. That was great store!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don't mind the AR discontinuation at all. A lot of gun seller don't mess with an AR platform. It's only the part about using my money to pay lobbyists that actively work to restrict my rights to a hobby I enjoy.

When the heck did Beikircks close??? That's a surprise to me. That was great store!

I was told that the Pennsylvania store closed a year ago . The East Rochester store closed July 21 . There is or was an Auction at the ER Store . 

As for not selling to anyone under the age of 21 , it is my understanding that a father can purchase a rifle / shotgun and give it to a son who is under the age of 21 . 

Beikirchs, closed. But is opening a new store, same great sales and staff, in Henrietta this Fall . 

Selling some guns that you approve of because I guess they’re mostly hunting and the like does not make you pro 2A , just the opposite .

Think of free speech , I don’t have to like what you’re saying but I’ll defend your right to say it . In this case, Dicks is saying , I don’t like these guns so I won’t sell them . They’re choice but in these times I can’t do business with them .

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I was told that the Pennsylvania store closed a year ago . The East Rochester store closed July 21 . There is or was an Auction at the ER Store . 

As for not selling to anyone under the age of 21 , it is my understanding that a father can purchase a rifle / shotgun and give it to a son who is under the age of 21 . 

That sucks about Beikircks, they'll be missed for sure.

Even the 21 thing doesn't bother me. It's their store, they can do what they want. It's the fact that they hired professional lobbyists to lobby politicians in Washington to ban certain guns and magazines. They're using the profits on their sales to directly pay those lobbyists.

For me, it just feels like giving money out of my wallet directly to Cuomo and Bloomberg to generate another SAFE-act.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I see you posted where to buy gun powder, so let me ask you this,  what if dicks starts lobbying that congress should regulate it. I mean it’s a explosive after all and you don’t need a permit to buy it. Your not looking at the entire picture, I have zero use for  a AR but that doesn’t mean some one else shouldn’t own one if they want.. 

12 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I see you posted where to buy gun powder, so let me ask you this,  what if dicks starts lobbying that congress should regulate it. I mean it’s a explosive after all and you don’t need a permit to buy it. Your not looking at the entire picture, I have zero use for  a AR but that doesn’t mean some one else shouldn’t own one if they want.. 

That's a lot of speculation . DICKs has never sold gun powder . Why would they even care ?