Maine, finally here.

Bionic

9 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

That's some spectacular country!  Glad you're having a great trip.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you, and not a problem,  I take tons of pics each year, I like to look back at them over the year.  

6 minutes ago, Rob... said:

It looks like you are having a blast Bionic. I enjoy seeing pics of mountain ranges and the terrian as much as I like seeing pics of big bucks.

Thank you for sharing.

We sure are having a blast, its my favorite place.  I too share that interest,  trying to see bull moose in daylight,  my girlfriend has yet to see a moose in daylight, and a good sized bull. 

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

These are just awesome! makes me want to load up the family now and start trail riding and enjoying this with them. thanks for sharing!

Its a special place, this is our first trip here with an ATV, and really the first real trip with an ATV.  We have some spots in NY to ride legally, but you can go hundreds, and hundreds of miles here, makes me want a side by side for more comfort.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helmut in the bush said:

Great pics, keep posting. Did you run in to any other people on the trails?

Glad you're enjoying them as much as us! Short answer, 2 other Polaris Ranger UTV's that was it, both separate occasions.  On weekdays, and especially this time of year, with colleges, and regular schools starting back up, plus school shoppers, and just being where this place is located, it has become pretty quiet here in the village.  Adding to that, the village is 19 miles from where we parked to ride, and photo these spots you see, so it becomes just THAT much quieter, on this ride we did 48 miles, and ome UTV was not even a half mile in, the 2nd UTV was after 30 some miles of riding I believe.  Even the dirtroads you share for a half mile, or so to the next trail we saw nobody! I love it, this area is just perfect to me.  You can go walk around the village at night, have a nice lunch, or dinner, then within an hour be on top of a scenic area on an atv.  More pics to come, and Saturday we leave this rental, and head northwest about a half hour to a cabin for our last 3 nights up here.  We plan to hike up a firetower on a small mountain top where views are indescribable, based off interbet searched pics, and a whole other section of ATV trails to roam.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Glad you're enjoying them as much as us! Short answer, 2 other Polaris Ranger UTV's that was it, both separate occasions.  On weekdays, and especially this time of year, with colleges, and regular schools starting back up, plus school shoppers, and just being where this place is located, it has become pretty quiet here in the village.  Adding to that, the village is 19 miles from where we parked to ride, and photo these spots you see, so it becomes just THAT much quieter, on this ride we did 48 miles, and ome UTV was not even a half mile in, the 2nd UTV was after 30 some miles of riding I believe.  Even the dirtroads you share for a half mile, or so to the next trail we saw nobody! I love it, this area is just perfect to me.  You can go walk around the village at night, have a nice lunch, or dinner, then within an hour be on top of a scenic area on an atv.  More pics to come, and Saturday we leave this rental, and head northwest about a half hour to a cabin for our last 3 nights up here.  We plan to hike up a firetower on a small mountain top where views are indescribable, based off interbet searched pics, and a whole other section of ATV trails to roam.

We did the Five Island Boothbay trip a couple of weeks ago, I like Maine.

• Like 1

Today was a chilly day, but still comfy, so since we were already loaded up, we went back to the same place as yesterday, but took a different, and much further route into the backwoods.   Anyways, no moose spotted, but did see sign, and smelt what we believe was moose urine, it was so strong we smelt it while puttzing along on the quad, so we stopped, got off, and peaked around.  It smelt just like that deer estrus piss crap in the bottles....saw some fresh moose scat, still glossy, and slimy looking.  Spoke to the owners of the trading post where we parked, and I told them how I have visited the area for 15 yrs now, and in the past 4-5 yrs, it seems that it has been much more difficult to spot moose, no matter the time of day, whether its 6am, or 3pm, or midnight...i asked if it were just our luck, and she said she has coincidentally heard the same thing, and even including her, she has not seen many either.  She said she would know in about a month, once the moose hunt info is posted.  I guess they study the area to take inventory of the moose population?  Assuming so, did see a chopper that was landed on the side of a logged clear cut...anyways, saw some moose tracks, checked a few bogs, checked gisnt clear cuts, and so on, no moose.  I used to see numerous moose years back, so this is disappointing.  The trails, and the ride was AMAZING however, and we are both HOOKED.  The quad has been handling, and performing so well, and it is perfect for us so far.  Also, after lifting it 2" it operates in both 2, and 4x4 as it did stock, so I am relieved that the front end is holding up with the steeper angles, plus it helps having both of us on it, probably squats a tad....

20180830_185207.jpg

20180830_171846.jpg

20180830_171621.jpg

20180830_171533.jpg

20180830_171520.jpg

20180830_171119.jpg

20180830_165851.jpg

20180830_165717.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Fresh sunset pic!

48404.jpeg

I could  get used to seeing that every night.. 

Glad  you and the better half are having a good time, It is a little addicting hopping on the wheeler and just heading out to see the wilderness.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I could  get used to seeing that every night.. 

Glad  you and the better half are having a good time, It is a little addicting hopping on the wheeler and just heading out to see the wilderness.. 

It truly is addicting, I am already thinking about a Can Am Maverick trail, with a lift kit lol.    Honestly,  that view never gets old driving by. 

• Like 1

Nice ride today near Rockwood, Maine.   Quiet trails, and very technical for us noobies, but we handled it, and a great time.  Not too many pics, due to being in the woods mostly, but a nice scenic area at one small spot.  We did about 30 miles today, short rides, but great times.

20180902_162524.jpg

20180902_162243.jpg

20180902_160910.jpg

20180902_160919.jpg

20180902_160831.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Can't say enough, how much I've enjoyed your pic's! Beautiful! 

Also, your girlfriend has been an absolute trooper! Has the armrest seat kept her comfortable? You are a lucky man! My wife would have told me, "you're on your own"!!!

Glad you enjoy them, tomorrow is our last full day, depressing, I want to live here so bad.  Everyone is so nice,  its slower paced. Everyone works, no one tailgates you, no trash on roadsides, and so on.  

Jen actually enjoys it, I bought the best reviewed seat I could find,  as well as it has a lot of storage in it for groceries, extra fuel, the helmets, etc.  That box has her comfy for hours, and hours.   What also helped, was the 8" rise foot pegs, that get bolted the floor boards.  They help her stay up in the seat securely.   We do plan on a 50" side by side hopefully within 2-3 yrs tops.  

• Like 1

• 11 months later...