Anyone eat fawn?

First-light

I thought recent posts here were dealing with what we could do to get young people involved in hunting?  Knowing that the majority will be young males, a few of us figured we'd start them off on the right foot here, that's all.  I think hunting is a good time to talk to kids about some of the facts of life. Gosh, here we go with the "facts" again.  :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really WNYH...how would you like ..lets say your daughter to come on this site and read crap like that....I won't give my suggestion on what you can do with this...( ::) )

My daughter is 7, she goes only to sites that I allow and isnt allowed to get on the computer unless I am nearby and say she can. You know, like a parent should.

BTW, Im pretty sure alot of the pictures of torn apart deer and animal's guts hanging out are a little more explicit than this thread. Most of what is said by kids in middle and high school is leaps and bounds worse than anything that has ever been said on this site.

Ill let the attempted insult go this time. Its Friday and Im in a great mood.  ;)

OMG ...are you for real?  It was no attempt at an insult...you  I see, don't understand the concept on insulting ppl...It was a ?...and surely ...by all means....If worse things are said in middle school Mr  MODERATOR have at it.... on a hunting forum where I thought... all NY'ers were welcome...because well if trash talks in schools it's good enough here.....I mean your in a site where you feel your child shouldn't go and you keep an eye on her so it's OK.. :)  ....by the way...the above is sarcasm  ...Saying that your above comments makes you a Jack  A$$...well that's an insult...see the difference there?...Friday or not...take it or leave it ...wait..wait....yep ...I can't find a.... I care anywhere

OMG ...are you for real?  It was no attempt at an insult...you  I see, don't understand the concept on insulting ppl...It was a ?...and surely ...by all means....If worse things are said in middle school Mr  MODERATOR have at it.... on a hunting forum where I thought... all NY'ers were welcome...because well if trash talks in schools it's good enough here.....I mean your in a site where you feel your child shouldn't go and you keep an eye on her so it's OK.. ;)  ....by the way...the above is sarcasm  ...Saying that your above comments makes you a Jack  A$$...well that's an insult...see the difference there?...Friday or not...take it or leave it ...wait..wait....yep ...I can't find a.... I care anywhere

You really need to give it a rest. There are comments about hookers & beer and all kinds of other things on this site that nobody has had a problem with. I dont make the rules around here, and if the owner of the site doesnt have a problem with a comment, then neither do I.

BTW, you dont think your lame attempt at covering up cursing is a problem, but you think the silly jokes in this thread are? Really? Your "I won't give my suggestion on what you can do with this...( [img alt=::)]http://huntingny.com/forums/Smileys/akyhne/rolleyes.gif[/img] )" wasnt an attempted shot? Riiiight.

I gotta get going, have to go put a rub on a nice big rack

Definitions of jackass (n) symres:sb_nortoncertified.pngjack·ass [ ják àss ]  alt=Audio player height=16 width=16http://www.bing.com/s/playbtn.png[/img]

[*]male ass: a male donkey or ass

[*]offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence

I was not covering up cursing and if I had told you to stow the "rolling " eyes in a place the sun wouldn't shine ...I would not have cursed there either ........but knowing... as you do ...of the far worse things said in schools compared to this site ...I should have known having restraint is of no consequence to you. Oh yes throw the owner of the site under the bus...did he not make you one of the Moderators for a reason?...but alas so many other..... as YOU pointed out.... nasty things are said on this site why care at all?

Let me ask another question for your little brain to ponder....had a gay man or lesbian woman made the same vulgar comments in regards to a person of their same gender....how many of you would have, had to been scraped off the cieling from an explosion of righteous indignation?......

Now as far as my Dots..... well my Dears if that is the best shot you have to make at my posts go at it...If my style of posting irritates you that much...too bad...you need bigger things in your life to be ticked at :)

"Now as far as my Dots..... well my Dears if that is the best shot you have to make at my posts go at it...If my style of posting irritates you that much...too bad...you need bigger things in your life to be ticked at [img alt=:)]http://huntingny.com/forums/Smileys/akyhne/wink.gif[/img] "

Nope that....... wasn't even...... a shot...... at.... anything, .....relax....... Dottie. ......

Definitions of jackass (n) height=15 width=62http://huntingny.com/forums/symres:sb_nortoncertified.png[/img]jack·ass [ ják àss ]  alt=Audio player height=16 width=16http://www.bing.com/s/playbtn.png[/img]

• male ass: a male donkey or ass
  • offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence

I was not covering up cursing and if I had told you to stow the "rolling " eyes in a place the sun wouldn't shine ...I would not have cursed there either ........but knowing... as you do ...of the far worse things said in schools compared to this site ...I should have known having restraint is of no consequence to you. Oh yes throw the owner of the site under the bus...did he not make you one of the Moderators for a reason?...but alas so many other..... as YOU pointed out.... nasty things are said on this site why care at all?

Let me ask another question for your little brain to ponder....had a gay man or lesbian woman made the same vulgar comments in regards to a person of their same gender....how many of you would have, had to been scraped off the cieling from an explosion of righteous indignation?......

Now as far as my Dots..... well my Dears if that is the best shot you have to make at my posts go at it...If my style of posting irritates you that much...too bad...you need bigger things in your life to be ticked at :D

You typed "jack a$$", which is an attempt at disguising your curse. I never threw the site owner under the bus, I merely stated a fact. He has limits as to what stays and what gets pulled. As far as I know, he disnt have an issue with that comment, neither do I, so Im not pulling it. Oh and there you go with the insults again. "Little brain"? You dont seem capable of making a statement without taking shots, and Im not going to get caught up in it.

I have no issue with anyone's sexual preference and regularly laugh about jokes made by non-hetero people I know. Sorry, Im not a bigot.

Definitions of jackass (n) jack·ass [ ják àss ] 
  • offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence

Still not a curse...insult yes...but some computer filters on sites filter it out with out the $$....Anyone thinking that there was nothing wrong nor offensive in those comments in my opinion has a little brain....NYS should be proud of a site holding it's title..... with members that don't find something like that offensive enough to delete....kutos to your Good Ole boy mentalities you should be proud!

Definitions of jackass (n) jack·ass [ ják àss ] 

Still not a curse...insult yes...but some computer filters on sites filter it out with out the $$....Anyone thinking that there was nothing wrong nor offensive in those comments in my opinion has a little brain....NYS should be proud of a site holding it's title..... with members that don't find something like that offensive enough to delete....kutos to your Good Ole boy mentalities you should be proud!

Well if you didnt think you were cursing, why did you use the dollar signs to try and get it past a possible filter? Like I said before, your insults and cursing isnt a problem but a silly joke is? Get over yourself. ::D

Wow you are a trip...as I said some programs see it as a curse and filter...Not that I thought it was swearing and you are just trying very hard to pull away from the real issue here....but that's OK...because what was really said  is there for all to read...and your female family members should be very proud that you found that vulgarity a "silly joke"...I'm so done with you

Wow you are a trip...as I said some programs see it as a curse and filter...Not that I thought it was swearing and you are just trying very hard to pull away from the real issue here....but that's OK...because what was really said  is there for all to read...and your female family members should be very proud that you found that vulgarity a "silly joke"...I'm so done with you

Again I ask, if you didnt think a filter would screen it for being vulgarity, why use the dollar signs?

Id appreciate it if you didnt speak about or for any member of my family as you dont know any of them, and I wouldnt bring your family into any type of disagreement. I may not agree with you on some things, heck I may not even like someone, but I dont bring their family into it.

WOW...  ???

So, bringing the [forum] question back into focus - fawn is delicious.  I shot a small one a long time ago (could have stuck it in a game pouch on a small-game vest - like a rabbit).  There wasn't much meat - but it was absoulutely delicious!

Speaking of hot-dog sized tenderloins - perhaps if I ever shoot another one, I'll have all the meat made into venison hot dogs (50% venison / 50% pork)... that way I'll get 2x as much meat.

I imagine the taste of a big-wood's fawn would taste different than that of a corn-fed one though, (like any other deer - it's what they eat that makes them taste either like corn-fed beef or red-maple shoots).

You are what you eat and less developed muscles are more tender than the old well defined and used ones... just if you shoot one (sm deer) butcher it yourself..them seem to charge the same no matter what size it is...

I always thought there was a 3 point rule when shooting deer.  That they have to be of a minimum age before you can harvest them.

I heard it was 8 point outside the ears  :)

You guys are to funny, I wonder if there are any other hunting sites that a topic can go from talking about eating fawns, to inuendos, to name calling to homosexual perversion and back to eating fawns. To funny.