Main Irritant when Gun Hunting

fasteddie

Had a re-occuring thought come to mind . I remember 3-4 occasions having  gun hunters on  adjacent properties look at me through their gun scopes . It's a nerve wracking experience . I was able to confront 2 of these a-holes directly after getting out of my stand and walking to them even though I went onto their property . Both said " I didn't have my finger on the trigger " . I was literally screaming at these yahoos for having their guns pointed at me and said for $10 they could carry a pair of cheap Binos to scan the area . I had words with them and left .........

I don't feel that I over reacted as there is nothing more scary than staring at a gun barrel pointed your way . 

• Like 5

Many,years ago,in Washington state my friend had that happen , later he ran into the guys on the dirt road, and almost came to,blows .

That was the deciding factor in him switching to bow , in that state you can do,one or the other not both . 

• Like 1

That is absolutely nuts! i stay away from property lines during gun season as much as possible, mainly because some of my close neighbors are really careless in the woods, resulting in deer to be no where around lol. And you never know what they are capable of, im not sure how color blindness works in the deer woods either. Id just really hate to become a deer looking object. But this would be another good reason for me to stay away from them. I Hope they dont do this to you again, but as non intelligent as they seem..  i pray for you sir!

So looks like the main irritant are the other people with guns,haha. I think that too. There is a group that leases a 500 acre former dairy farm,and last year one of the guys shot a doe on the property i hunt,two properties over from the farm they lease. Not like they dont know the boundary either since they posted their lease heavily.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Had a re-occuring thought come to mind . I remember 3-4 occasions having  gun hunters on  adjacent properties look at me through their gun scopes . It's a nerve wracking experience . I was able to confront 2 of these a-holes directly after getting out of my stand and walking to them even though I went onto their property . Both said " I didn't have my finger on the trigger " . I was literally screaming at these yahoos for having their guns pointed at me and said for $10 they could carry a pair of cheap Binos to scan the area . I had words with them and left .........

I don't feel that I over reacted as there is nothing more scary than staring at a gun barrel pointed your way . 

Just curious, were you wearing blaze orange?

I cannot even begin to fathom any reason for knowingly aiming a loaded firearm at another hunter.  Guys like that have zero business hunting with a firearm.

• Like 1

Pointing a gun at person is a very dumb move, especially when done intentionally.  Thank you for confronting those idiots.  I had my hair parted by a slug one time, and I felt that shot before I heard it, so this is a sore subject for me.  That time, the guy was aiming at a deer that was in-between us, so his aim at me was not intentional.  Many get blinded by deer when they see them.  That is why I am most comfortable hunting at least a few feet off the ground, on flat land when there are other hunters in the area.  

3 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Just curious, were you wearing blaze orange?

I cannot even begin to fathom any reason for knowingly aiming a loaded firearm at another hunter.  Guys like that have zero business hunting with a firearm.

Damn right I was wearing Blaze Orange ! I ALWAYS wear Blaze Orange when gun hunting . 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Damn right I was wearing Blaze Orange ! I ALWAYS wear Blaze Orange when gun hunting . 

I figured as much, but did not want to ASS-ume.  No fn excuse at all for another hunter to put you in his crosshairs like that!  Fatal accident waiting to happen.

2 years ago when I first bought my land i was getting out of my blind about 10:30am and after taking a couple steps a shot rang out so close i instantly hit the deck,find out later that some idiots have stands set up 50ft across the property line facing into mine and likely shot at me thinking it was a deer.  I ended up running into them last year trespassing on my property during muzzloader and did confront them right then,after we chatted they decided it would be best to remove the stands facing into my property.  Luckily they are really bad shots,I cannot stand people that shoot without confirming their target.