Another age him and guess weight buck

turkeyfeathers

First, is he missing his tail ??

3, hands down. Flat back, average sized head, no belly sag.

Dressed at 175#

Deduct 3# if you cut that nasty ass basketball hanging from his chest prior to weighing.

He's 435# with pa chest girth

If I was to name him, it would be dolly, like dolly Parton.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe someone used the wrong/underpowered bullet on a Texas heart shot.   It might have clipped the tail on the way in, did not open enough to strike any vitals on the way through, and was stopped by the hide short of exiting.   The tumor might be scar tissue encasing the bullet.   One sure way to find out is to kill him and cut it open.   

Maybe someone used the wrong/underpowered bullet on a Texas heart shot.   It might have clipped the tail on the way in, did not open enough to strike any vitals on the way through, and was stopped by the hide short of exiting.   The tumor might be scar tissue encasing the bullet.   One sure way to find out is to kill him and cut it open.   
Only idiots shoot for that bullseye .....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

here's my thoughts. he's well fed but legs still appear right compared to depth of body. neck just isn't there even for as early as mid october for a 4.5 yr old deer by me. also antlers are scrubby but i wouldn't expect them that thin at 4.5 either. his waist line still has a bit of a taper despite the filled out fat gut.  i'd put him at a plump 3.5 yr old right now. in another couple weeks he'll be running that off and show more of a streamlined look. plus he'll bulk up a little more in the front end. weight? depends on when in the season you shoot him. right now my guess for live weight would be high 180's, which puts live weight at something like 234lbs.

• Like 1