2000 Ford Ranger

philoshop

Tried again just now. No joy. It's really not a big deal with the hour setting because I can remember it's an hour ahead, but  it's also about 10 minutes behind, and I don't always remember that. On top of this my cell phone clock is off by an hour and a half. Time to buy a cheap Timex and wrap it around the rear-view mirror like I've always done.

Small pickup trucks are a thing of the past. Any of the newer advertised "small trucks" aren't really small or as inexpensive as imagined. Haven't seen the new Ranger yet, but assuming it's like it's step-brother GM's Colorado. A chopped down full sized truck with more interior room than bed size. Can't wait to see what MSRP Jeep puts on their new CJ hybid truck. :wacko:

FYI - Owner's manual

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals-search-results.html?make=Ford&model=Ranger&year=2000

Edited by nyslowhand

4 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Small pickup trucks are a thing of the past. Any of the newer advertised "small trucks" aren't really small or as inexpensive as imagined. Haven't seen the new Ranger yet, but assuming it's like it's step-brother GM's Colorado. A chopped down full sized truck with more interior room than bed size. Can't wait to see what MSRP Jeep puts on their new CJ hybid truck. :wacko:

FYI - Owner's manual

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals-search-results.html?make=Ford&model=Ranger&year=2000

More in likely cost nearly the same to produce as the F150 light duty.

love my little truck - does all i need !  been very dependable - second one i have owned.   usually keep for 10 years - pay for first five then five without.  

4 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

FYI - Owner's manual

The SeaArk!.jpg

• Like 2

$24k to low $40k’s

I have an F250, and a new Escape, the Escape is my daily commuter.  The Escape has auto 4x4, nice power, and 3500 lb tow rating is sufficient enough for my current needs for vacations, and back/forth to our upstate cabin.  I would prefer a bed, for last minute larger needs, instead of waiting a day or 2 to bring my trailer...I drive 37 miles each way to work, so I need to always have a vehicle that can do a little of everything, and still not eat me out of house, and home in fuel.  The Ranger is definitely an interest for me for next vehicle.  2.3L ecoboost, 10 speed auto, 7500 lb tow 22-24mpg, could definitely be a good vehicle for me.  

20 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

That's a pretty old truck. Curious what kind of shape it's in. Does it have southern roots?  Does it have the 4 0r V6 in it? Any pics? I always like the Ranger.  Heard Ford was bringing back into production in 19.

It wasn't from the south that I know of but the cab is almost spotless as far as rust. The exterior rear panels must have been painted by some guy on the morning after the super-bowl however. The rot is horrible on those panels. Interior bed is good, though. Then again, if the whole truck was perfect it would have cost me twice what I paid for it, soooo...

Got the clock changed too. Thanks much for that!!

I think what killed the Ranger is when Ford started downsizing the basic 150. The new 150 is not much roomier than my old Ranger to be honest. And just try buying a "full-sized PU" with an actual 8 ft bed without having to special order it.

Also, it's got a really snotty little v-six in it. BTW. After the front-wheel drive minivans I've had over the last several years, I'll have to be careful with the accelerator in the snow or mud. ;-)

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Wait til the rancheros come back out in a few years.

I had a 1972 El Camino in high school. (1976?) I've never been a brand loyalist when it comes to vehicles. :rofl: The four-barrel carb and manifold went on for the summer, and the two-barrel setup for the winter. It was tricky enough to drive even in the summer with the Rochester Quadrajet, it would have been suicide in the winter. :drinks:

I’ve grown into a ford truck fan.

I love my ranger. 1999 ORP. Thing was a tank. Regret ever getting rid of it with lots of life left.

Have had two escapes and an f150 now. First escape threw a rod at 191K after a ridiculous amount of neglect and minimal cost. Replaced the alternator and two abs sensors in the entire time outside of brakes, oil, filters.

Current one is at 163K and hybrid. Love them honestly.

Like my F150 but really prefer the small and mid size trucks. Definitely eyeballing the Ranger a couple years into the new model line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see the new Ford Rangers advertised with a starting MSRP of ~$20k, Then you look online and they're well above $30k.

Yeah, I also have owned 3X Rangers over the past ~25yrs with a few passenger cars interspersed between. From used rust buckets to a brand new one. Wish I had my 2005 back, top of the line XLT, ext cab, 4.0/V-6, 4WD purchased new and owned for 11yrs!!! Damned truck would go anywhere & pull anything! Cost of repairs was taking its' toll on my love affair with that truck. I'm an idiot, traded it in...

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1