LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

15 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

You are not going to like it but it works not moving .

Needed to make the rear  sight higher was shooting low .

So I Just heat formed some plastic  cut a  notch in it at the proper height. Has no weight to it  so the recoil has no effect  that I can tell and I shot it over  30 times  to test it out and sight it in .

20191125_160020.jpg

You taped a sight on?  Why not just shim your current sight?  If that is not possible, I would definitely have it professionally repaired. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

The sight on the back of that shogun is just a notch on the gun  and for me it shoots low . So to ajust for that you need a higher one all I did was make a piece that lines up with that Notch just higher up get my drift .  

You're a riot, Storm!  You claim to have Weatherby's and then you hunt with an $89 shotgun!  LOL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Not  exactly just added height .

No gunsmiths  near me anymore 

20191125_161908.jpg

Ditch that sucker.  for $200 you can have a reliable single shot and another $100 for optics.  Why waste all that time hunting only to have an equipment issue when an opportunity finally comes along.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ditch that sucker.  for $200 you can have a reliable single shot and another $100 for optics.  Why waste all that time hunting only to have an equipment issue when an opportunity finally comes along.

I got other shotguns 

They don't weight 4 pounds that's why . 

As soon as I can find  a gunsmith its  getting  a upgrade for sure .

Actually first thing I did when I picked it up Is ask if they have a gunsmith at the store or if they knew one and they didn't .

I even contacted the manufacturer and ask them same answer they didn't know anybody unreal .

Edited by Hunter007

3 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

I got other shotguns 

They don't weight 4 pounds that's why . 

As soon as I can find  a gunsmith its  getting  a upgrade for sure .

Actually first thing I did when I picked it up Is ask if they have a gunsmith at the store or if they knew one and they didn't .

I even contacted the manufacturer and ask them same answer they didn't know anybody unreal .

OK then I would lug around a few more pounds until that is fixed.  As I recall you said you were a big guy, I doubt you will even notice a few more lbs on a gun.  But its all your call.   I just know I would hate to have an equipment failure at the moment of truth and obviously a taped on sight is almost inviting that issue.

• Like 2

Tell you what moog let me hunt your  10,000 acres I  know you got up there,  you with your bow or crossbow and me with my 100 dollar shotgun and see who gets a deer first lol 

It's still a gun and out to 50 its dead on now  I could care less what you guys think about it the way it looks.

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

OK then I would lug around a few more pounds until that is fixed.  As I recall you said you were a big guy, I doubt you will even notice a few more lbs on a gun.  But its all your call.   I just know I would hate to have an equipment failure at the moment of truth and obviously a taped on sight is almost inviting that issue.

Usually I use a rem 1187  with factory iron sites but .

I'm sorry I love that 4 pound shotgun lol and now that its hitting where I'm shooting I like it even more. 

I'm more worried about seeing a deer to shot at right now to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Tell you what moog let me hunt your  10,000 acres I  know you got up there,  you with your bow or crossbow and me with my 100 dollar shotgun and see who gets a deer first lol 

It's still a gun and out to 50 its dead on now  I could care less what you guys think about it the way it looks.

Lol.   Uhhh no.   It’s obvious you know better than the rest here.  Stick with the taped on sight.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Man, sat this morning. Nothing. Sat this afternoon. Nothing. Beginning to think I totally suck at this. 

On another note, a neighbour - nice guy, Eastern European, barely speaks English - stopped by and while we were chatting offered to let me hunt his stands. I’ve never been on his property so wanted to check them out. As I walked up I noticed a lot of deer tracks in the snow. Came to the stand to see a salt block and auto feeder with corn everywhere. Second stand has the same set up. 

Really don’t know what to do. Don’t feel right about reporting him and not sure I want to confront him. Probably won’t see him again until the spring. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Lol.   Uhhh no.   It’s obvious you know better than the rest here.  Stick with the taped on sight.  

You hunt with a recurve right ?

And I'm crazy because I use a shotgun even a  cheap one no match 

I think I still have the advantage  .

Like I said got other shotguns. 

And I have no problem paying a gunsmith to put what I want on there just have not been able to find one around here I'm thinking I'm  going to go out to PA  to find one .

Edited by Hunter007

2 minutes ago, left field said:

Man, sat this morning. Nothing. Sat this afternoon. Nothing. Beginning to think I totally suck at this. 

On another note, a neighbour - nice guy, Eastern European, barely speaks English - stopped by and while we were chatting offered to let me hunt his stands. I’ve never been on his property so wanted to check them out. As I walked up I noticed a lot of deer tracks in the snow. Came to the stand to see a salt block and auto feeder with corn everywhere. Second stand has the same set up. 

Really don’t know what to do. Don’t feel right about reporting him and not sure I want to confront him. Probably won’t see him again until the spring. 

Seems he does not play by the rules LOL

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

NOT SAYING THAT , BUT Who shot that shotgun you or me ,

ME RIGHT SO I WOULD KNOW IF IT DIDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT WOULDN'T I ?

If it didn't I wouldn't use  it .that simple  and I'm not taking long shots  with that thing anyway 50 yards that is it .

• Confused 1

Just now, Hunter007 said:

NOT SAYING THAT , BUT Who shot that shotgun you or me ,

ME RIGHT SO I WOULD KNOW IF IT DIDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT WOULDN'T I ?

If it didn't I wouldn't use  it .that simple  and I'm not taking long shots  with that thing anyway 50 yards that is it .

<<<YAWN>>>….

7 minutes ago, left field said:

Nice guy , let you hunt his land , I’m not reporting him, but I may mention it to him next year . Plus maybe he doesn’t have room or time for a food plot .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I learn the same lesson every time I engage Stormy.   Hopefully it sticks this time.  

Don't get mad  buddy I know you mean well

I can change shotguns  anytime I like if I want . And may do that next time I go out .

Edited by Hunter007

47 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Sounds great but I want either  iron sights  or  scope rail  18 inch barrel interchangeable chokes and only 4 pound that's a take down .  If you find one let me know. 

Nice guy let’s you on his land? I definitely wouldn’t report him. He’s not hunting any more it sounds so have a conversation with him in the spring about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2