LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

OK, I have a question about duck hunting. I drive down RT 5 along Lake Erie every day, there are ducks on the water, right where we kayak in the summer.  Yesterday I though, I wonder if I could take a kayak out there and shoot a few?  Is it legal to shoot ducks from a kayak on Lake Erie? This may be a ridiculous question, if it is I apologize, I know nothing about duck hunting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Youre on a journey now my friend, and may need a second job

I had a ton of action in the first 45 minutes I just got to get dialed in and some heavier load...

called a group of mallard back to me after they passed by that was cool

Edited by OtiscoPaul

2 minutes ago, Don_C said:

OK, I have a question about duck hunting. I drive down RT 5 along Lake Erie every day, there are ducks on the water, right where we kayak in the summer.  Yesterday I though, I wonder if I could take a kayak out there and shoot a few?  Is it legal to shoot ducks from a kayak on Lake Erie? This may be a ridiculous question, if it is I apologize, I know nothing about duck hunting.

You sure can but please be careful

26 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

OK, that's crazy!

Just fir the recovery I’m hunting my water frontage...I literally just got back from dropping my kids off at school saw this group at my neighbors frontage so I called them to me...this is easier than opening day of gobbler (2 mallards is bag limit so I’m done fir the day I can’t ID these birds on the wing well yet)

D80D4F72-4F77-423A-9974-0A32250CC422.thumb.jpeg.5c76c3603944d80618467e518ca6b42d.jpeg

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Just fir the recovery I’m hunting my water frontage...I literally just got back from dropping my kids off at school saw this group at my neighbors frontage so I called them to me...this is easier than opening day of gobbler.

Ok, not quite as crazy but still crazy...I saw that first pick with your shotgun in it and then the pic of the paddle board and I pictured you out there with the shotgun slung over your shoulder paddling away....

• Like 1

Thank you. I can't imagine actually going out there in a kayak on anything but the calmest and warmest of days, but I was just curious if it was legal.
Don C......I'll spot for ya.....I know the birds your talking about and think I live pretty close to ya.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So got my first ever hang on stand up yesterday, alone. Wasn't as challenging as anticipated. Gonna take a little getting used to tho. I am accustomed to the arm rests and shooting rail on my climber so felt a bit exposed. 1st sit in it will be Saturday morning. Got it set up atop a ridge with a well walked trail leading to bedding. Hoping to run into the nice 8 I saw there last time. Hero or Zero, either way will let you know. At this stage of the game, fork being finicky. ANYTHING that presents a shot is in for a bad day. 

• Like 5