LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

88f60c216c0211a1b47df20bab568d8c.jpg

Little “chef special” but all doe must go for this program. Liver was smoked- she was only 100 yards away but right over a 75’ cliff so I couldn’t see her bed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that ought to top off the freezer!  way to go.  Keeping this thread alive and the deer dyin' !  

Not LIVE from the woods, but I started habitat work yesterday.  Well, I cut some firewood.  I am expanding a tiny plot in the woods, then connecting it to another area.  The plan is to add a 3/4 acre woods plot to the little clover plots I have now.  I will also slightly expand the half acre plot I have in an old pasture.  

I am stacking the soft maple tops for the deer and dropping and leaving some ugly pines to let in light and perhaps provide bedding.  As a bonus, I should get 6-8 cords of firewood out of the process.  I spent most of the day running chainsaw.  It was good to (sorta) be in the woods.

• Like 2

High of 54 today and 52 tomorrow in 3S....can’t believe it’s this warm in December(Thanks Trump!). I still feel it’s cool enough from overnight temps in low 40s to let hang a bit. Probably cutting it up Sunday due to scheduled events - this little gal doesn’t need much aging time.
Anyone strongly disagree?!?

88f60c216c0211a1b47df20bab568d8c.jpg&key=1594f7bc40bb0c36fa7e07ab92357c4002cb01e137e436301cf5ba27897854ae

Little “chef special” but all doe must go for this program. Liver was smoked- she was only 100 yards away but right over a 75’ cliff so I couldn’t see her bed down.

Chef special is the best eating

• Like 1

High of 54 today and 52 tomorrow in 3S....can’t believe it’s this warm in December(Thanks Trump!). I still feel it’s cool enough from overnight temps in low 40s to let hang a bit. Probably cutting it up Sunday due to scheduled events - this little gal doesn’t need much aging time.

Honestly yea I do. Not trying to start a debate but anything over 41 and it really shouldn’t be done. If you are interested in the why google food temperature danger zone.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I STRONGLY disagree!! If it you decide to hang it...use my garage lol

• Haha 1

Damnit!!!! Two of my favorite people offering different opinions...one offers science and food background....the other offers a world of outdoor experience beyond what I can dream about.

Turns out my appointment for later was cancelled so to be safe it’s getting chopped today. But if it wasn’t, Grampy, I would have no issue following your advice!

Oh and squirrel; that was mighty nice of you to offer temporary lodging!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Damnit!!!! Two of my favorite people offering different opinions...one offers science and food background....the other offers a world of outdoor experience beyond what I can dream about.

Turns out my appointment for later was cancelled so to be safe it’s getting chopped today. But if it wasn’t, Grampy, I would have no issue following your advice!

Oh and squirrel; that was mighty nice of you to offer temporary lodging!

I was thinking it would be more long term storage lol

• Haha 1

Too bad, time to pull the plug on this one. Gotta take mom to the airport so she can leave this beautiful weather for a miserable 80 degrees. Saw 2 doe at about 60 but they never came in but a weird fog did. Couldn’t see more than 20 for a bit. O well. Back at it tomorrow.

• Like 2