LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

13 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Just recovering with the pb hunting my waterfront...image.thumb.jpg.bb57ffbb6279de516cf0fee82e29d216.jpg

Here is my sideways dock blind...custom:

image.thumb.jpg.a271067132d435d21c1fe25adbfeec43.jpg  

Pretty sweet getting to hunt and score all before 8am still have plenty of time to get ready to drop my son at school

If I lived there id look into an ice eater, youll be the hottest spot on the lake!

• Like 2

Friend called last night wanted to know if I wanted to go out on his boat duck hunting the Bay this morning . Let’s see 17 degrees ,out on a boat, and oh ya I’d have to get up at idk 4:30 , to shoot a duck .

Its 9am and I haven’t put on shoes yet ......

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Gotta ask.   How many things have you kerplunked over the side ? My shotgun might be at the bottom of whatever water I was hunting 

He hunts from the shore paddle board is for recovery.

Edited by Nomad

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

you're still boarding out through the ice... 

It was harder yesterday with 2ft waves and a wounded drake I had to chase down and paddle finish 20 mins before sunrise ha...probably should wear my wetsuit under my gear ha 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

26 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Friend called last night wanted to know if I wanted to go out on his boat duck hunting the Bay this morning . Let’s see 17 degrees ,out on a boat, and oh ya I’d have to get up at idk 4:30 , to shoot a duck .

Its 9am and I haven’t put on shoes yet ......

I can walk out front and shoot a duck 30 seconds later...never had it so easy can’t believe I didn’t start years ago 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I can walk out front and shoot a duck 30 seconds later...never had it so easy can’t believe I didn’t start years ago 

I like that! The thought of a few mile ride in a metal boat ,  before sunrise, with temps in the teens, not so much . 

4 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

paddle board now known as “the icebreaker”

61620DB7-4DD5-4BF3-B5C0-E9EC4356F033.jpeg

Just looking at the sheets of ice on the board tells me it's a slip and fall waiting to happen.  More power to you.  I'm sure you know what you're doing but I wouldn't get on that thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Thanks fir the concern all...

I’m close to home and people know where I am...I’m tempted to go try fir another but I got company coming for the weekend (deer and duck on the menu) 

for me it's just the slip hazard. cold ass water with heavy clothes is a bad deal. I'd think you could find a cheap kayak that would be a lot better choice. just my .02 though. 

Oh I understand , I didn’t want to,go,out on a Johnboat with a PFD on , but Jay  asked about dropping his gun overboard ,which made me think Jay thought he hunts from it .
Thanks fir the concern all...
I’m close to home and people know where I am...I’m tempted to go try fir another but I got company coming for the weekend (deer and duck on the menu) 

7404E51B-FFA7-454A-A2EA-20B5F292F3AE.thumb.jpeg.a0a415d7615dfd6d7947ff529a7e3088.jpeg
I may have missed this.....what body of water are you hunting?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Belo said:

for me it's just the slip hazard. cold ass water with heavy clothes is a bad deal. I'd think you could find a cheap kayak that would be a lot better choice. just my .02 though. 

Thanks again for your concern.

I have several hobe kayaks and various paddle boards a windsurfer an aluminum row boat and 17.5 fishandski...

I live here I’m pretty comfortable with understanding my limitations and the conditions.

Me using the word duck in this thread is always met with some consternation so I will bid you all happy holidays see you in October!

• Sad 1