Walmart Cheapo thermos bottle test

The_Real_TCIII

2 minutes ago, goosifer said:

~20% difference in weight. Thanks for taking the time, @Bionic

My pleasure! Both adequate performance for their price points in my opinion, especially since the Ozark is a quarter of the price of that Yeti.  Both keep cold a LONG time.  If I have a drink with some ice, and leave it out, there will still be ice in each in the morning for whatever its worth.  

• Like 2

I got a Yeti for my birthday last year. My only complaint is it works too good!

I can pour my coffee an hour before I leave for work. Drive 40 min to work and the coffee is still to dang hot to drink!

I end up taking the lid of for 20-30 min so it can cool down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Reminds me: that Ozark Trail bottle sucks. I took coffee crow hunting last week and it was luke warm after only a couple hours and I did not open it. Maybe it will be useful for cold

Bring it to the Academy this summer, we'll set 'er up at 75 yards and have at it........

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:51 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Temper craft here. Pretty good for keeping cold but fair for hot beverages. No seam. Double walled. Wife’s Yeti much better at both. 2e8c5092cd4723ec4a738d022a8e202e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it has a curse printed on it, so that would explain why it just doesnt work as well.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bionic said:

I am wanting a half gallon jug.

Rtic I am thinking.

k thanks bye

If the goal is to keep fluids cold, I have the coldest water bottle in 64oz version.  It will keep water ice cold without any prep for a full day.  I bring it when working at the property in the summer.  A little big to hold with one hand, but they have a decent carrier that has a strap on the side to hold one handed.  I never really use it for hot beverages but it supposed to work well for those too.

https://thecoldestwater.com/product/the-coldest-water-bottle-growler-64-oz-vacuum-insulated-growler-and-wide-mouth-water-bottle-cold-up-to-36-hrs-hot-13-hrs-double-walled-with-strong-cap/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

If the goal is to keep fluids cold, I have the coldest water bottle in 64oz version.  It will keep water ice cold without any prep for a full day.  I bring it when working at the property in the summer.  A little big to hold with one hand, but they have a decent carrier that has a strap on the side to hold one handed.  I never really use it for hot beverages but it supposed to work well for those too.

https://thecoldestwater.com/product/the-coldest-water-bottle-growler-64-oz-vacuum-insulated-growler-and-wide-mouth-water-bottle-cold-up-to-36-hrs-hot-13-hrs-double-walled-with-strong-cap/

I will take a look, looking at a 1/2 gallon just for keeping ice water for work.