Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

2019 LIVE from the Woods!

Its that time of the year again! Time to start scouting for this year's birds, and the season is coming up quick! This is our 2nd year for doing this thread and its always a lot of fun! Post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from the woods with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.  Don't forget, the site is accessible via your mobile device and there is even an app - Tapatalk enabled!    Lets see those pics!

Bonus to anyone that LIVE streams from the woods!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not really from the woods, but head my first gobble from the new house this morning.  Had 8 jakes coming in to the bird feeder past week. Now there's only 6.  Something or someone got 2 of them. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Possibly that Jake Flock was scattered big time by Coyotes. There could be one Lonely Jake out there Looking for his Brothers Tomorrow.:yes:

Started with 8.  3 days later, yesterday, 6. Today, 5....

10 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Keep looking. I don't think Coyotes could take out 3 Jake's in the open + Leafless hardwoods. 

I agree. They might be in someone's freezer.  Fisher cat possibly.  

3 gone in 4 days seems odd.  

Jake's don't like to be alone. They stick together like glue. 

• Like 1

Getting close to May 1.  Tree guy has been working diligently on my 1187 , cleaning (it was a mess I learned , mounting my Burris fastfire 3   Tightened Samanatha’s saddle mount which was a chore as one pin/ screw stripped and optics wouldn’t lock tight as mount loose. I had camo tape taping front of rail down   He’s been working hard on getting us back on track  Thank you Andrew ! Now we have to sight it my Burris , her new Trulock tube designed for tss 7’s and wait til opener. 

Just spray dyed these clearance pants and light jacket I got few years ago from bargain cave on Cabelas site for about $25 combined.  They were way to light and tan. Daughter skipping school opening morning. Just hope I can finally get her a bird under her gun.  I’ll be listening a few times on dirt we acquired last year to see what I hear.  Can’t wait. Turkey woods is my happy place 

19061DBB-D966-4C83-AD55-09EE67767FFE.jpeg

70469177-9A13-45D1-B9F2-6397C8E21FFD.jpeg

• Like 5

Good luck out there! I am already thinking it will be too buggy and leafy and that I am a poor excuse at turkey hunting and will enjoy my one morning I may get out in poor turkey habitat lol!!

Pulled a tick out of my arm yesterday after taking down a tree stand. And was fighting off mosquitoes while grilling last night. Its been warm one day wth!

In my happy place ! Scouting mission this morning.  Pretty breezy out here so took the higher ground in thinking birds will be death gripping lower land trees.  Almost full moon so we’ll see how that effects them.  Deer it doesn’t but turkeyss May roost a bit longer. I’ve had them stay up til almost 10 when the moon shining bright like this.  

B0287D9B-671A-4C18-A831-D7BD12628B5A.jpeg

• Like 4

None of these got any gobbles. Gibson crow call sure does sound purty too. Hung a cam up over fox den kid and I found last year. Saw one bird on the way out. 65b358096b7da468c4f2f6e52750d22e.jpgcdb4cb4660002ace4fa386b2148acbf5.jpg1a8b2db207fb45064286313bfc7ff874.jpg
Leeks are popping. Few more weeks on them. 74b7adae350647cb4a7487e74759b710.jpg
Windy as heck out and moon. Figured it would be slow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No gobbles yesterday but set two blinds for the opener .......leaks popping all over the property as well.
Through out a few cams and put boots to some new adjacent property we gained permission to hunt.
Clear Creek which cuts through our lease was ranging but did find a few spots that should be holding fish.d4b9609403e404d420262673793e1c01.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Parked the truck ,these hens walked up , later carrying a 17 foot ladder stand walked to within 35 , 40 yards of this Tom and hens in a wide open field . That’s why I don’t hunt them , no challenge.

2A5BA9B8-A022-4FE2-A026-37A4606AB415.jpeg

92DFC6E7-5A40-405A-99B1-126784606214.jpeg

3E607F05-C63F-4F2B-A3CB-C416621EE0D4.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

No gobbles yesterday but set two blinds for the opener .......leaks popping all over the property as well.
Through out a few cams and put boots to some new adjacent property we gained permission to hunt.
Clear Creek which cuts through our lease was ranging but did find a few spots that should be holding fish.d4b9609403e404d420262673793e1c01.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Clear Creek was real high yesterday? I imagine after tomorrow it will be way up again

I checked several cameras yesterday, lots of gobblers on camera, different times of the day. When I first pulled up to my parking spot there were birds in the lane about 150 yds away. I heard several gobbles. Boy if that doesn't get the juices flowing!!

• Like 3