Pattern Session at the Academy

The_Real_TCIII

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And I unzip daughters gun case to remove her 20 gauge to find my Ruger 10.22 as I used her case to go visit Biz. All downhill from there. My turkey gun is off and wtf happened I don’t know. Going to peel scope off and install Burris fastfire 3. Her gun barrels just got switched from slug to turkey barrel. I gots some work cut out now. 

Went on an early season Adirondack bear hunt two years ago. Buddy of mine said he was bringing in his dad's old 300 savage.  When we met there that night after dinner I said let's see that old savage. He opened the case and was just staring.  I say " I thought the 300 savage was a lever action?".  Yeah he had a .22.   He grabbed the wrong gun case when packing and brought a .22 on a bear hunt. Laughed our asses off. 

I went to the range today too and was playing with some different brands of ammo in a rifle and walked away about the same as you guys did.  Couldn't decide if one was better than another.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I think that concludes my stupidity though. 

You're not done... none of us are! We all screw up and it gets worse as we get older! 

Sunday I made some venison Italian sausage and packed them to take to have after hockey, I was about 5 minutes from the rink and my wife called me to ask if I was supposed to take the cooler on the kitchen table? The 1 with the sausage in it!

Here's your sign! 

Edited by 2012_taco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here’s how it’s done at the Webster Militia Proving Grounds ,( my range given that name 15 years ago ) .

Toss beer can on ground ,tell daughter ,”take 20 large steps ,turn around shoot can .” Bang , “ good job if that was turkeys head he’s dead, let’s go home .”

4297C63B-BC3F-45CF-A1CC-5B17E1B9E547.jpeg

• Like 8

Did any of the working class of NYS notice the time of the next play date? 4:30 Wednesday?!? Wtf?!? Anyone work out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought it was only retirees who get to attend those early bird advertisements:

4-6pm Happy Hour
4pm weekday golf leagues
Dinner specials before 5pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya know ,Biz I kinda get it now being retired, we sit at home waiting to go,out to dinner . Then I say wtf are we waiting for I’m hungry let’s go eat !

Although 5:30ish is my earliest start time .

Youll see down the road .

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Did any of the working class of NYS notice the time of the next play date? 4:30 Wednesday?!? Wtf?!? Anyone work out there

I'm off at 4:30 and the Academy is 2 miles from my office.  I figure if I take one less smoke break during the day I can skip out 3 minutes early.  :)

• Like 3

Ya know ,Biz I kinda get it now being retired, we sit at home waiting to go,out to dinner . Then I say wtf are we waiting for I’m hungry let’s go eat !
Although 5:30ish is my earliest start time .
Youll see down the road .

I’m all for it man. If I was retired, I’d start early too. Day drinking is way more fun anyway

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

We're already at work making the world go round while you're still in bed grinding your morning wood in to the mattress . LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Aren't you off from June-September??

Teachers they get good pay , excellent benefits and summers off and still complain their being short changed. PS don’t ever show this to my wife who happens to be in the education field lol

• Like 1

Morning WNY...I’m up and the coffee is on.
Early day for me- should be home around 5:30 after coaching. Then I have some SUMMER CAMP work to do this evening.
I’m not bitchin....just bustin balls (and maybe even a bit jealous).
I forgot how sensitive you ladies are out there!

Teachers they get good pay , excellent benefits and summers off and still complain their being short changed. PS don’t ever show this to my wife who happens to be in the education field lol

Don’t forget TENURE(can’t be fired!); strong unions, done at 3:00, and I get to indoctrinate all the kids with snowflake, liberal, democratic ideals while spending my days with all your PEFECT children who needs a ribbon every time they wipe their nose (which they don’t do themselves anymore cuz they’re afraid of getting boogies on their iPhones that they don’t need but were given cuz every once else got one and they need it to play fortnight or “Snapchat” since their parents don’t wan to walk to them!
It’s Paradise!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Don’t forget TENURE(can’t be fired!); strong unions, done at 3:00, and I get to indoctrinate all the kids with snowflake, liberal, democratic ideals while spending my days with all your PEFECT children who needs a ribbon every time they wipe their nose (which they don’t do themselves anymore cuz they’re afraid of getting boogies on their iPhones that they don’t need but were given cuz every once else got one and they need it to play fortnight or “Snapchat” since their parents don’t wan to walk to them!
It’s Paradise!!!

You left out the amazing health insurance, I know we paid for those calf implants!
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yesterday was XR 5’s but will hunt with TSS 7’s once Fastfire on and dialed in.  

Nice, Got a new Sumtoy 562 coming for the mossberg 20 and a couple new recipes to try out. Ill try to get some loaded this weekend with my 4yr old daughter. Gotta Build a shot trap then ill shoot em"

• Like 1