Academy 2019

sodfather

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Saving by using an intern was a poor choice, in hindsight

i was going to make some twisted joke about you "using" an intern but in all honesty can't trash an intern. hunting public guys were all interns for bill winke (midwest whitetail) at one point.

• Thanks 1

i was going to make some twisted joke about you "using" an intern but in all honesty can't trash an intern. hunting public guys were all interns for bill winke (midwest whitetail) at one point.

THP guys are hunting in NY right now, assuming it’s finger lakes because I think they’re with the same host from turkey season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

THP guys are hunting in NY right now, assuming it’s finger lakes because I think they’re with the same host from turkey season

They must have saw something they liked when they were here for turkey . The original plan they said was a year or 2 before they would be back. 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

How do you know that? social media I'm assuming? I don't have any social media , but follow their youtube- what a show.

If you like hunting videos check them out, they hunt public land in several states and post videos every few days. And they rarely plug any products
Midwest whitetail was like that but grew into something with a ton of sponsors. I honestly dont follow the hunting public though. Just dont have time it seems with everything going on. When the they still had ties to MWW show they had a NY crew from WNY that was on. Wouldn't surprise me if they talk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Midwest whitetail was like that but grew into something with a ton of sponsors. I honestly dont follow the hunting public though. Just dont have time it seems with everything going on. When the they still had ties to MWW show they had a NY crew from WNY that was on. Wouldn't surprise me if they talk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The guys who started THP were working for midwest whitetails a few years ago. 

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Ok so what r the rules here?? The top center is yard hunting!! The Second from right on bottom looks like a road kill!! The second from left on bottom yard hunting as well!! The guy on the bottom right is gonna hurt his arms they are so stretched out there!! Biz looks like he just robbed a liquor store!!

JK guys!!  Well done but the Academy needs a photographer!!

You say you're only kidding but I'd just like to point out that the buck I killed (2nd from left on bottom, yard hunting) was shot in the late afternoon and not recovered till 9:18pm, far from the spot of 'hero' shot.  The picture below was taken as soon as I found him in case I had to abandon him during the drag out in the darkness down the steep hill.  I had filled out my tag and was concerned I might have to leave him in case I had trouble with my knee or ankle on the pull out.  The trip out was as bad as I expected and to be honest, I had no business hunting that side hill in my condition, especially in the afternoon.  Leaving the buck till morning wasn't an option due to coyote infestation.

All that said, I generally take great pride in my field pics, always trying to do the animal proud in an ungutted position.  All via self timers on my camera and cell phone.

Here's in the field.....

A4NgYgR.jpg

And this is in the barn.  Maybe you can see the fatigue in my eyes?

c8t9BaC.jpg

All that said, a "yard hunting" buck does have some appeal....... :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

You say you're only kidding but I'd just like to point out that the buck I killed (2nd from left on bottom, yard hunting) was shot in the late afternoon and not recovered till 9:18pm, far from the spot of 'hero' shot.  The picture below was taken as soon as I found him in case I had to abandon him during the drag out in the darkness down the steep hill.  I had filled out my tag and was concerned I might have to leave him in case I had trouble with my knee or ankle on the pull out.  The trip out was as bad as I expected and to be honest, I had no business hunting that side hill in my condition, especially in the afternoon.  Leaving the buck till morning wasn't an option due to coyote infestation.

All that said, I generally take great pride in my field pics, always trying to do the animal proud in an ungutted position.  All via self timers on my camera and cell phone.

Here's in the field.....

A4NgYgR.jpg

And this is in the barn.  Maybe you can see the fatigue in my eyes?

c8t9BaC.jpg

All that said, a "yard hunting" buck does have some appeal....... :)

I hope no offense was taken. I was just pokin at you guys in good fun!! You guys are having a super bow season!!

But you gotta admit TF looks like he is taking that pick and the deer is stuck under his front tire!!! lol

:taunt:

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, Jeremy K said:

They must have saw something they liked when they were here for turkey . The original plan they said was a year or 2 before they would be back. 

Let’s rephrase that. “ They must of heard about us so they decided to come to NY. “ 

• Haha 1