anyone rethinking the opener for a day off?

Robhuntandfish

Too much can go wrong, bowhunting in a steady rain. Been there, done that. Also, I just don't enjoy it as much in high temps, and or rain. I'll pass. 

Long season, plenty of time to hunt. Used to be, the season didn't open until the 15th, so these first two weeks still feel like "bonus time" to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Interesting....where abouts?

Just west of town .there is a flashing signal there now. Maybe 1/4  mile up on left . Museum owns 40 acres there has pole barn on it. . Oh good times visiting skinny dipping hole down the road  a little bit and visiting the juice bar...

35 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Just west of town .there is a flashing signal there now. Maybe 1/4  mile up on left . Museum owns 40 acres there has pole barn on it. . Oh good times visiting skinny dipping hole down the road  a little bit and visiting the juice bar...

Haha!familiar with that area as ive fished trestle park many of times and hunting grounds are just east off ivison/dublin rd

1 hour ago, doebuck1234 said:

Haha!familiar with that area as ive fished trestle park many of times and hunting grounds are just east off ivison/dublin rd

Never hunted out that way though I've had invites through farmers I met over the years through friends there.. I'm to lazy to drive that far to hunt.

1 hour ago, Jamoke said:

Not sure why anyone would waste a vacation day that early. You'll wish you had it for more time in the woods in another 4 weeks.

wasting a day of vacation is going to pottery barn not bow hunting.  Am taking an early vac day cause can only take so many days off in late Oct/early Nov without work thinking i won the lotto and sailed away.  Not gonna take the first if it stays true to be 81 and stormy but wed or thurs if it drops 20 degrees i will be out.  

• Like 3

I thin it depends on the property..    If you can hunt the edges and don't have to walk too far and get all sweated up it is one thing..   If you have to walk a quarter mile thru your property leaving a sweaty scent trail, you can really screw yourself...   Hard not to sweat when it is over 70 degrees  Just my opinion..