Nomad

Ha ha ha ,my friends back yard

Recommended Posts

A half mile East of Moog ... my buddies backyard today, he thought it was going to walk right up to him , he said he could have stabbed it . These are screen pic of a video he sent me , I don’t know how to post the video .

I’d lie to see the one that broke off his G2 on the left side .......

F9583497-E98F-4DED-BF8D-C742280F7206.png

058BE0EA-1010-47CB-93E5-D988672C78B5.png

AE647A2D-53C4-4111-9072-DC34D513F2D1.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nomad said:

A half mile East of Moog ... my buddies backyard today, he thought it was going to walk right up to him , he said he could have stabbed it . These are screen pic of a video he sent me , I don’t know how to post the video .

I’d lie to see the one that broke off his G2 on the left side .......

F9583497-E98F-4DED-BF8D-C742280F7206.png

058BE0EA-1010-47CB-93E5-D988672C78B5.png

AE647A2D-53C4-4111-9072-DC34D513F2D1.png

Ive been in sterling forest the last 3 days and all ive seen is squirrels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.. What a buck. Lots of hiding places around Monroe county.. Which is where I'm assuming this is

Edited by JRod 8G8H
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Daaaaang ....

That’s exactly what my daughter said .

Not the first time he’s seen it on his two acres ,although the woods snakes around a bunch of houses . 

i know where I’ll be shed hunting !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy was in my friends yard last year and we figured out it was close to Moog too.   What the hell are they putting in the water up there ??

459B86C9-11AF-4C40-97C7-AC43098BFC00.thumb.png.43316b8a4258e08e4452e8a93719124e.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucks that learned living in suburbia ain’t such a bad thing.  No one shooting at them and all the hastas they can eat.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s true ,Brian. But I’ve lived here 60:years, 50 of those I’ve stomped around these woods, from building forts as a kid, to drinking ,and sleeping overnight in them as a teenager  . I’ve hunted them ( including the town hunt ) shed hunt, them ,,and know many hunters who, live and hunt here . That deer is far from typical for ,here . 

There’s still a lot of hunting in this town , guys have killed  them this year in the woods across from ,my driveway  , you can see the houses on the other side it’s so small , but it’s not hunters but cars that really keep the population in check, which is why they started the town hunt  . Drivers kill far more deer then hunters ,and we got more and more drivers , and deer pushed into smaller spaces .

My buddy who got the pics has found arrows in his one acre of woods behind his house ,If there’s  more then three trees guys are hunting it .

Edited by Nomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s true ,Brian. But I’ve lived here 60:years, 50 of those I’ve stomped around these woods, from building forts as a kid, to drinking ,and sleeping overnight in them as a teenager  . I’ve hunted them ( including the town hunt ) shed hunt, them ,,and know many hunters who, live and hunt here . That deer is far from typical for ,here . 

There’s still a lot of hunting in this town , guys have killed  them in the woods across from ,my driveway  , you can see the houses on the other side it’s so small , and cars really keep the population in check, which is why they started the town hunt  .

No gun hunting.  Big big difference.  And the more populated it becomes, the less areas to hunt and more areas to safely hide.   I am sure there are great bucks pulled out of Webster every year by  those lucky enough to have access but also plenty that never see a hunter in a tree.  

When I was growing up, you could shoot guns at my fathers 40acres on corner of plank and 5 mile.  Now you have to go east of 250 I think. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, johnplav said:

This guy was in my friends yard last year and we figured out it was close to Moog too.   What the hell are they putting in the water up there ??

459B86C9-11AF-4C40-97C7-AC43098BFC00.thumb.png.43316b8a4258e08e4452e8a93719124e.png

Not sure what's in water, but pretty sure Moog is drinking it too.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

East of 250 is Penfields law . I was shooting them in the woods along 104 and Hard road just a few years ago, used to sit by the bus garage just the other side of the fence ,busses a few feet away , and I wasn’t the only guy there 

Like most Webster hunters have ,at one time or another I’ve hunted by the town barn, cops get  their fuel there ,they didn’t care I was in  a stand 75 yards away ( great staging area .) 

two guys on Pellet rd I know still knock ‘em down there .

Yes gun hunting in this town isn’t what it used to be ,for sure ,but cars are the number one killer anyway and we’ve sure increased those .

Edited by Nomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

East of 250 is Penfields law . I was shooting them in the woods along 104 and Hard road just a few years ago, used to sit by the bus garage just the other side of the fence ,busses a few feet away , and I wasn’t the only guy there 

Like most Webster hunters have ,at one time or another I’ve hunted by the town barn, cops get  their fuel there ,they didn’t care I was in  a stand 75 yards away ( great staging area .) 

two guys on Pellet rd I know still knock ‘em down there .

Yes gun hunting in this town isn’t what it used to be ,for sure ,but cars are the number one killer anyway and we’ve sure increased those .

I didn’t even know you could discharge a gun near 104.   That’s a bit scary.  I technically live in Penfield.  Just Webster mailing address and schools.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnplav said:

This guy was in my friends yard last year and we figured out it was close to Moog too.   What the hell are they putting in the water up there ??

459B86C9-11AF-4C40-97C7-AC43098BFC00.thumb.png.43316b8a4258e08e4452e8a93719124e.png

Have you ever seen Moog?? Most definitely steroids and protein shakes!! lol 

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Have you ever seen Moog?? Most definitely steroids and protein shakes!! lol 

Hey hey hey, I never took protein shakes!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best turkey was shot directly across Hard Rd from Wilink middle school , it was hard to hear him answer my call, because they were having gym class outside .

With all the very recent development in the area , I haven’t hunted by my home in a few years . Lowe’s and that adult community behind it displaced a couple dozen deer and many hunters . If you look along 104 in that area there used to be a spot where a tree fell and took out a section of that fence, along the South side just past Lowe’s . On the North side behind the ice rink, right in line with the tree spot ,someone cut a hole in the fence , that became a popular spot for them to cross , just had to set up down wind from the cut fence ....

Speaking of Wilink middle school , before it was built , that land was largely a large  overgrown field , with one hedgerow , guys bow hunted that hedgerow .

I had permission to hunt out a couples living room , while they went to FLA for the winter, Private rd dead ended into a woods of Lake Rd. A guy a few houses down from them said I could hunt off his poach , never did .

But yes ,it’s not like when I hunted here after school in the ,70’s which is good there wasn’t many deer then ,lots of land few deer, now lots of deer less land . Really anything West of Holt Rd is dicey ,even for me .

I used to walk into the woods wearing ,jeans, LL bean coat, walking stick and binoculars, just a hiker folks , once in , out came .44 mag and orange hat . Always legal but some areas were tight , and when everyone went from rakes  to leaf blowers , it spoiled the piece and quiet of the hunt .

I think I’m getting a tear in my eye .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.