Woollrich suits

Dom

anyone still use them other than myself Ive had guys walk up to me without them even noticing i was there I think they blend better than anything.Allso they are very warm and keep me dry.Would like to buy another set if I can any ideas

Heck YEAH! I love my Woolrich RED and WHITES. They keep me nice and warm. The only thing is that they are two sizes too big. I lost over a hundred pounds, but they still work.

All you need are some pillows works for me also some suspenders mine were my grandpopsand he was alot larger than i am :bye:

Cotton in the summer and Wool in the fall and winter.I have had every type of material in clothing threw the years and some were pretty pricey.Wool seems to keep me the driest and warmest in the fall and winter.Fleece and polyester do not cut it.That skin tight under garments stink after any amount of walking.The only new type of material that is used for under garments that keeps me warm and dry is polyproplyne .As used for years in Helly Hanson and Cabales under garments.

I have a red & black buffalo plaid coat, a Johnson Mills. Bought it from a logging supply store in Rumford, Maine in the '80's. It's very warm with a liner so I usually hold off on using it until it's in the mid '30's. That's if I'm planning on doing some sitting, be a bit warm to small game with it in that weather. Got a pair of black wool Canadian military surplus plants too.

Wool...been keeping outdoors men alive for centuries.

Camo is made to impress hunters not game!!! shot more game in bluejeans and my fathers old woolrich coat than i can remember....

I have to admit that I believe camo is way over-rated. But I do still use it. I also have a ghillie suit that truly makes me invisible, or as close to it as anything will make you. I can't use it for bo hunting because of interference issues, but I do use it for coyote hunting. Also on the rare event that I do any turkey hunting, it is excellent camo.

However, I will say that back in the early days of my bowhunting, denim with a checkered flannel shirt used to get me just as close to deer as my camo does today. What the heck, Even with my gun season blaze orange on, I seldom get busted because I was seen. An unruly rogue breeze might get me (we seldom get one wind direction for very long down in the valley country) but I seldom am seen if I move at the right speed.

Camo is made to impress hunters not game!!! shot more game in bluejeans and my fathers old woolrich coat than i can remember....

What was the game doing in bluejeans and your father's coat?

BUWAHAHAHAHA! :gamer:

That's what I wear too. (Johnson green wool that is, not G-Man's father's old coat) B)

Edited by covert

anyone still use them other than myself Ive had guys walk up to me without them even noticing i was there I think they blend better than anything.Allso they are very warm and keep me dry.Would like to buy another set if I can any ideas

That due to in your county they are now all the city folk, now across the river in Orange county they still use them and were I now live ( Delware county ) I have a jacket that is pine green and dark green wool pant ( logging pants ) that I use for bow, also a red / black check coat and pants. That I use when it is real cold. I do think wool is still the best you can have to stay warm....By the way I was thankful that IBM hired me in 1965 at Fiskill, I use to hunt just outside of town but must be just about built over now....

I have been using red & black Woolrich for 25 years. For the first 10 years of that hunted from the ground with much success. I was actually in the market to replace my suit because i have put on some weight. You can't find them amywhere at all. If anyone knows where they are still available please let us know. i would also like to get my son a Woolrich suit. He will be starting to come with me this year.

I have been using red & black Woolrich for 25 years. For the first 10 years of that hunted from the ground with much success. I was actually in the market to replace my suit because i have put on some weight. You can't find them amywhere at all. If anyone knows where they are still available please let us know. i would also like to get my son a Woolrich suit. He will be starting to come with me this year.

There is a sporting goods store in the Bronx that sells Woolrich I believe its called FRANK's check them out

There is a sporting goods store in the Bronx that sells Woolrich I believe its called FRANK's check them out

Just checked on line Franks is at 430 E. Tremont Ave Bronx, ny

They have the black and red jacket for for $190 bucks.

Bought mine there about 15 yrs ago still great coat and pants.

Don't know how that compares with other sporting goods stores.

Im glad someone knows where to buy them going to be going real soon maybe they have my size if not I will still buy a set so i have them hope every one has a wonderfull season i know im gonna enjoy this year gonna be a real good time

I started with woolrich when I was a kid and then switched to Filson wool and found it to be even better then the woolrich stuff. Now i use Cabelas MT050 stuff and I love it. Much warmer and dryer and lighter then any wool outfit I've ever owned and I always buy the top of the line hunting gear. If you like wool though check on the Filson stuff it is more expensive but it's that much better. I have the double macinaw cruiser coat and macinaw vest.

Just checked on line Franks is at 430 E. Tremont Ave Bronx, ny

They have the black and red jacket for for $190 bucks.

Bought mine there about 15 yrs ago still great coat and pants.

Don't know how that compares with other sporting goods stores.

Thanks guys. I'm headin out there next week