2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Here is a ridge runner taken on letchworth this past weekend. He came in on a scent trail i laid with some pure heat and was taken at 22 yards. This boy has a 30 inch neck weighed in at 198lbs and i figure him to score arond the 125in mark.Has anyone ever had to drag a 198lbs buck out of letchworth...not fun..Then again it must be seeing i keep doing it every year!!!

post-293-0-29158600-1320022382_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

four seasons very impressive buck.i also hunt in letchworth i seen a very nice 8pt in the park saturday morning but it was 55 yrads away a little to far for me. i connected on a nice 8pt for the evening hunt. some spots in the park are very hard to drag a deer out of especially in the river bottoms. congrats on a great deet

Here is a ridge runner taken on letchworth this past weekend. He came in on a scent trail i laid with some pure heat and was taken at 22 yards. This boy has a 30 inch neck weighed in at 198lbs and i figure him to score arond the 125in mark.Has anyone ever had to drag a 198lbs buck out of letchworth...not fun..Then again it must be seeing i keep doing it every year!!!

Great buck , congrats. Don't see many like that where i hunt. Even the nice bucks we do get have no brow tines. That's up with that?

Beautiful buck, maybe that antler restriction is working.

• Like 1

Beautiful buck, maybe that antler restriction is working.

Thanks for the wishes.He sure was a stud and i must say i think the antler restriction is a positive on the park.I have been lucky enough with this buck to take 4 bucks off the park that make the book's. I took them before the ar and after.With the way the park is set up its a trophy hunters paradise.If you are willing to do whatever it takes to put your tag on a fully mature whitetail...thats the place to be.You must be willing to go into and worse yet out of any terrain it takes and to be able to pass all yearlings and alot of small racked 2yr olds and if you want a good way to lose all your hunting partners...Take a doe down there!