2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Hi Guys,

And to answer some of the questions..........lol :O

I'm only pulling 65 #'s on the New BowTech OutLaw, and it's very accurate with my set up, Easton Carbon Radder Arrows with 100gr NAP Thunder Heads.

Ended up braking the Back Bone (Spine) in half and hit the heart, the buck never moved, just dropped straight down.

Rick! :biggrin:

Cell phone pic from the tree stand 11/17/11 @ 4:35 PM

6.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0431.jpg

Had a couple of does come out into the cloverfield that I was set-up on this AM. I watched them for 10 minutes waiting for mr. big to show up. He didn't. They started feeding off back towards the woods so I let the 7-08 bark and dropped this old girl like a ton of bricks.

IMG_0917gg.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Great job NY T.hunter !!

We did have a good opening day Dave! I set up on a field i watched bucks cut a corner all bow season, I figured opening day would be my one chance at them in gun.For once it worked like I thought...

The big 8 was that guys best buck to date, not super hard core hunter,but a guy who gets out a few times. After taking mine in the AM I put him in my best stand for the afternoon hunt, the spot I planned on using that PM.

Took a nice doe this AM young buck chasing 3 all around the clover I was set up on.

Filling a couple DMAPS and freezers for others now.

Good luck to all.

Edited by Larry302

Congrats to all the succesful hunters and for those like me keep trudjing along. Watching the woods in Dutchess County, I've seen tons of does and No does. I'm waiting for a buck since I arrowed the doe. Hover, my hunting crew is doing very well. My brother in law got a huge 4.

Another one of our crew got this cow Dow.

Having trouble posting picture.

Edited by Karpteach

I wasn't able to go up this week but my brother John got his first deer and it's a ten point buck. He was hunting private land in 7S. They had four doe permits and were just looking for meat but he got blessed. Hope to get pics later. Good luck to all. Safe hunting.

Got this one on West Point yesterday afternoon. I was sitting on a rocky ledge overlooking a valley and he came walking by me about 3pm. I saw a smaller 4 point earlier in the morning, but it he was in the thick brush and I did not want to risk a bad shot so I had to let him go. I guess this was my reward for making a good decision on the don't shoot earlier. I will post a better picture later, but is the quick one I took with the cellphone.

post-1216-0-34169500-1321884883_thumb.jp

Opening day in Allegany county. I was having a calling contest with a flock of gobblers when this joker popped out of the goldenrod. 5 points on one side, 3 on the other. Unfortunately, we broke the tips off of 2 of his antlers while we were dragging him out of the woods. Had to cut the trip early because it was too warm, and didn't want the meat to spoil.

NickBigBuck0052.jpg

NickBigBuck0092.jpg

NickBigBuck0062.jpgNickBigBuck0072.jpg

Edited by Uncle Nicky