Corona Virus Thread

12 hours ago, ADK Native said:

The hypocrisy of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the Corona Virus

Governor Andrew Cuomo on 60 Minutes said:  Andrew Cuomo: What value do you put on human life? What value do you put on human life? And we say here it's invaluable. And if you say, "Well, we're gonna lose 5,000 more people." I say close the restaurants. I say close the stores. I don't wanna lose 5,000 more people. If you do not slow the spread, the health care system can be overwhelmed. And more people will die.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-containment-zone-inside-60-minutes-2020-03-15/

Since when did Cuomo care about "invaluable" human life with his “I don't wanna lose 5,000 more people.” ?

1.    Cuomo supports abortion, AKA baby killing.   Apparently Cuomo has no problem losing "invaluable" babies. 

2.    Cuomo supports letting violent killers out of prison like William Spengler who continued to commit murder after being released from prison.  Apparently Cuomo has no problem losing "invaluable" innocent lives murdered by a deranged unrepentant killer.

3.    Having access to a firearm is necessary for self-defense, but Cuomo supports gun control to restrict and deny law abiding citizens access and use of firearms.  What about every qualified pistol permit holder being treated equally by being allowed to carry concealed for self-defense anywhere in New York State?  What about having reciprocity with all states so other Americans can carry concealed in NYS?   What about including the right to bear arms in the NYS Constitution? What having “stand your ground” in NYS?  And the list goes on how Cuomo supports useless gun laws while ignoring the root causes of violent crime.  Apparently Cuomo has no problem losing "invaluable" law abiding gun owners.

You know why I would get an AR right now, Comments like this

Im really afraid of all the paranoid types who think gun rights trump a global health crisis and then remember the literal stockpiles you already have

Edited by OtiscoPaul

10 hours ago, UWShunter said:

Subways were real empty today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very few cars on the roads this morning between 6:30-8:00. My wife started working from home today until further notice.

We had some fairly impactful layoffs here yesterday, and I know more are planned at other local businesses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

hard to day trade my 401K

Can I ask what the balance of equities to fixed / bonds are ?  What is the expected time horizon , to drawing from it ? The old rule has always been to hold your age in bonds , obviously everyone has different risk tolerances , and time horizons , that can move those numbers somewhat .

12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Can I ask what the balance of equities to fixed / bonds are ?  What is the expected time horizon , to drawing from it ? The old rule has always been to hold your age in bonds , obviously everyone has different risk tolerances , and time horizons , that can move those numbers somewhat .

Biz had me watch a movie yesterday and from what I can tell bonds are dog shit.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Honestly I moved it to a stable asset fund for right now.  Two reasons.  Will try and get back in on the low fairly soon, after watching how things keep going. And two.. with work issues and all that is going on I just can't be watching my 401K get killed in the market too.  Yes I know everyone will say ride it out. But for peace of mind made a move for now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

Did the same, but I wish I would have been much quicker about it!

Agreed.  Lost 12.5 %since Jan. But I look at that as recoverable later this year.  Got 12 + years before can consider to retire. But Market was 28,000 at beginning of year.  Under 20,000 today.  And gotta figure not bottom yet.  

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Agreed.  Lost 12.5 %since Jan. But I look at that as recoverable later this year.  Got 12 + years before can consider to retire. But Market was 28,000 at beginning of year.  Under 20,000 today.  And gotta figure not bottom yet.  

I was inside of 4 yrs, with daydreams of being at less than a year. 

• Sad 1

If you want to take a break from watching the News and hoarding toilet paper, and would like to help out...

Check into giving blood.  There is a severe blood shortage right now, and things are going to get worse before they get better.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus--covid-19--and-blood-donation.html

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Mistake on my part in writing  as you probably already realized.  No non essential travel into Canada  now.

DAMN  !!….There goes my annual gobbler hunt....<<sigh>>….

I guess I'll just have to stay home and FISH more...…...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

DAMN  !!….There goes my annual gobbler hunt....<<sigh>>….

I guess I'll just have to stay home and FISH more...…...

tried to pay my annual launch fee and they have a note on door to call and said they wont open til 3/30.  This we cannot have .  Better be open April 1!  

Well raise your hands if you still feel brave according to the WHO babies and young children at a 6% risk fir serious respiratory disease 

I took a jog through FDR state park today. It was packed with people of all ages. Tons of babies and kids on the playgrounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hitting close to home.  They closed us down at 4:00 pm today.  

A family member of a co worker tested positive yesterday and she came in to work this morning to alert management.  They arranged testing for her and we will know those results Thursday or Friday.  For the meantime, our three facilities, Clarence, Buffalo and Amherst closed at 4"00PM today and everyone is in quarantine.  I may go fishing tomorrow (alone).

Our Amherst facility is affected because I worked there in the morning, then worked Clarence for the afternoon.  I was in close proximity with the one that was sent for testing... I feel fine and so does everyone else.  I hope this is just a scare, but you cant assume anything.

• Sad 1