Do you or don't you have Columbus Day off from work?

RangerClay

No. As a trade-off for working at a Jewish establishment I don't get a lot of the regular holidays that everyone else gets. I get all the Jewish ones. Overall, though. I win out in the end. B):rabbi: The only down side to it is that when ever I'm off, all my friends have to work and whenever they're off, I'm busy.

No. As a trade-off for working at a Jewish establishment I don't get a lot of the regular holidays that everyone else gets. I get all the Jewish ones. Overall, though. I win out in the end. B):rabbi: The only down side to it is that when ever I'm off, all my friends have to work and whenever they're off, I'm busy.

One ethnic group that I have NEVER seen interested in hunting even in the slightest way are jewish people. I have seen asian, hispanic, black hunters but never a jew. I reckon deer meat wouldn't be considered kosher. Their choice I guess, will only leave more for the rest of us! LOL

One ethnic group that I have NEVER seen interested in hunting even in the slightest way are jewish people. I have seen asian, hispanic, black hunters but never a jew. I reckon deer meat wouldn't be considered kosher. Their choice I guess, will only leave more for the rest of us! LOL

Yeah, I'm almost positive it's not kosher. Which is why I keep the fact that I hunt quiet in the office. So much so, I don't even ask.

You couldnt be more wrong. Im catholic but know tons and tons of jewish people who hunt. Most of them came from families from Yonkers and have been hunting the catskills, etc since the 50's and 60's....

You couldnt be more wrong. Im catholic but know tons and tons of jewish people who hunt. Most of them came from families from Yonkers and have been hunting the catskills, etc since the 50's and 60's....

Tons??? I wouldn't doubt that there must be someone out there who is jewish and also hunts, but to say tons?? You've got to be kidding, right? I honestly can't believe that. Jewish people loved to vacation in the Catskills for many years and many of the old resorts were owned by Jews. Hunting was surely NOT part of their Catskill experience, I am pretty certain of that. I googled "jewish hunters" and here is a little tidbit I found. http://www.shemayisrael.com/publicat/hazon/tzedaka/sport.htm

The points made here are exactly the impression I have gotten from jews on the subject of hunting. As a group the have absolutely NO interest in any of it, that is why you saying that you know TONS of Jewish hunters honestly sounds like the BS statement of the month on this forum! LOL

Just like there are people who call themselves catholics or christians but don't go to church regularly, there are people who are jews but don't really practice it. It's a matriach system so if your mother was jewish, then you're automatically jewish whether you follow it or not. Then of course there are those who follow every jewish law, hasidic jews, etc.

The jewish commandments or mitzvot...forbids hunting because it violates the cruelty to animals law of the mitzvot... only to keep oneself from dying is hunting permitted... hunting an animal is not considered humane therefore the meat is not kosher... having said all that... I'm sure there are still jews that hunt.. in fact I know one.. only one... but I still know one... not all jews are strict orthodox